Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
obssed

Default BAGT MK2 slotted rotors & PBR calipers

I've got a couple of questions for you.
I am considering my brake options for an on the go project. You have already given me a price for 6 piston Brembo kit(thank you), I am also looking at the viability of using the OEM which my BAGT uses which I believe are 325mm x 32mm funky slotted disc's & pbr C6 premium callipers.

My questions:

I would like to have as much dish on the front as possible, so could you tell me the calliper width difference between the two types?

Will the BAGT set up transfer I directly over onto a AU3 without modification? My limited research suggests it will, but you would have a more definitive idea.

And lastly, are you able to supply (& quote me on doing so), the equivalent to ford parts mentioned?

The project will be used for majority street and the odd track day hear & there.

Thanks again for the great service you provide the forum members.
Cheers Dean.

obssed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: BAGT MK2 slotted rotors & PBR calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by obssed
I've got a couple of questions for you.
I am considering my brake options for an on the go project. You have already given me a price for 6 piston Brembo kit(thank you), I am also looking at the viability of using the OEM which my BAGT uses which I believe are 325mm x 32mm funky slotted disc's & pbr C6 premium callipers.

My questions:

I would like to have as much dish on the front as possible, so could you tell me the calliper width difference between the two types?

Will the BAGT set up transfer I directly over onto a AU3 without modification? My limited research suggests it will, but you would have a more definitive idea.

And lastly, are you able to supply (& quote me on doing so), the equivalent to ford parts mentioned?

The project will be used for majority street and the odd track day hear & there.

Thanks again for the great service you provide the forum members.
Cheers Dean.
I don't have the widths on both calipers handy but i can tell you for sure the C6 twin piston caliper will need less clearance than the Brembo 6 pot as the 6 pot has pistons on both sides of the caliper and the twin pot C6 only has 2 pistons on one side. Is this what you mean as you mentioned you want as much dish as possible but do you mean you want this on the wheel/rim because the C6 would allow that.
The BA GT kit will fit the AU3 no worries just maybe the hoses could be slightly different.
Hopefully i have helped.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
obssed

Great help thanks Matt.
One other thing - can you supply the equivalent to BAGT MK2 premium brake set up at all? I know the brembo package you have offered me is a great product and price, but I think overkill for my project & the front wheel dish is a factor in my decision also, as is the cost comparison.

Thanks, Matt for your help so far.
obssed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by obssed
Great help thanks Matt.
One other thing - can you supply the equivalent to BAGT MK2 premium brake set up at all? I know the brembo package you have offered me is a great product and price, but I think overkill for my project & the front wheel dish is a factor in my decision also, as is the cost comparison.

Thanks, Matt for your help so far.

We can get those calipers when available thanks

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post