Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #31
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

yea was a sweet cruise... damn i took some good photos there with ur cam john...
yea you all missed out on a top fight to watch hahahah

04 BA XR6T ute
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #32
hppsc
Banned

Ok guys, was a good meet. Sorry I have to start off this post on a bad note though..

To the guy in the marone EL fairmont, who left the last meet point before everyone else, and who decided to spin the wheels a bit, thanks very much for the cavalcade of stones you sent up to mine and Stevo and Leah's car. We both got out furious. This being the one lowlight of the night, and something which was fully avoidable (DON'T SPIN THE WHEELS SO CLOSE TO OTHER CARS IN A CARPARK WHERE THERE LOOSE GRAVEL ON THE SURFACE!) it was a bit of a let down. I haven't checked the damage yet, but i will in the sunlight today. I'm sure someone will know who you are, you will be found.

Having said that, it was a great night, with easy to follow directions, and good meet points. I stayed out with John, Alex, dcstraight, etc and went to the docklands for some photo ops. Crazy staying out that late, but a big thanks to Alex for being so awesome and spending alot of time on my car, and also the group shots. I'm sure he'll post a sample of the shots he took, very soon ;)

Also a big shout out to the Sergeant who so willing helped us at the docklands, and inevitably gained us access to an otherwise restricted part of the docks at almost no notice. He was my hero of the night! Maybe we should have got his name, and emailed him some of the photo's we took as a gift :P

Great cruise in the end guys, i drove home asleep i reckon, can't remember any of the drive back!
hppsc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #33
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Awesome cruise guys i just got out i of bed i went to KK's on the way home lol! I eneded up getting home at 6.30 totally worth it though awesome night thanks to the organisers great job!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #34
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awesome cruise guys, we had a heap of fun. Got home just after 5:00. thanks alot to alex for taking the pics. i cant believe how much attention to detail and time you take. Makes my 'hold the camera, point, press button" thing seem rather crap.
Was really good to catch up with alot of you and see some faces i havent seen in a while.
docklands was fun, and a big thanks to the nice copper for helping us out.

p.s. agony, i was very happy to see your ride at bayswater. Thanks for bringing it down!
Old 13-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #35
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
awesome cruise guys, we had a heap of fun. Got home just after 5:00. thanks alot to alex for taking the pics. i cant believe how much attention to detail and time you take. Makes my 'hold the camera, point, press button" thing seem rather crap.
Was really good to catch up with alot of you and see some faces i havent seen in a while.
saw your car at the chadstone stop stevo, very nice. It's definitely unique. Not sure if you saw my heap ? ;p Guys for next time maybe we could get cards made rup, like a name card we can put our forum name/real name on and sit on the bonnet of our cars when they're sitting at each meet point ? I met quite a few people last night which was good, but i guarantee i walked past a dozen or so people i talk to from here, and didn't know them from a bar of soap ;p I'd be happy to sus something out for the name cards if anyone else is up for the idea.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #36
Heffnic
this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubas
Was a good cruise guys!!!!!
The geelong guys finally went the whole distance on an e-series cruise!!!!

I agree wit all and cant wait to put mine on the road for the next one and we geelong crew finished one. some nice cars and good people! Well done to the organisers top job!
Old 13-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #37
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Awesome to see the geelong guys there all the way to the end! Thats club commitment for ya especially when we were over there side of the city early in the cruise!!

Old 13-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #38
AdzT3-146
own the road

It was a really good cruise. Thanks to all who attended and help make it another great night of cruising.
Thanks to Joe for the planning and organising, great job done mate. Maps were spot on and all the meet points were spot on - good for space, and lighting was good for photos.

Photos at the docks was good fun too, im glad i went home and got my jacket:P I knew it was late when i heard the 6:00am news update on the way home : - Looking forward to the photos when Alex and Joe get a chance to post them up.

To all who have expressed concern over a certain few acting up at meet points, rest assured we won't stand for it and action will be taken.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #39
GREERZ_04_BA
Dude.Sweet.Dude.Sweet

Talking Awesome Cruise Guys!!!

Awesome cruise guys!!!
Totally awesome night thanks to the organisers great job!!!
--Keep up the good work--

(gthofan)SCOTT took steph(My sister) on a date!! To Legal Off Street Drag Racing. EVERY FRIDAY NITE @ CALDER PARK 6pm-11pm

www.myspace.com/greerz86

Last edited by GREERZ_04_BA; 13-08-2006 at 04:54 PM.
GREERZ_04_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #40
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

Here's a preview guys from the first spot in docklands before we were evicted Didn't get a great deal of photos before the docklands apart from the occassional driving shot, the lighting/scenery wasn't ideal!

This one was a 2 frame panorama, couldn't get far back enough...

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #41
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goodz
This one was a 2 frame panorama, couldn't get far back enough...
least you didnt get the laser in there :P
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #42
hppsc
Banned

Wow that spot was really awesome with the lighting!
Old 13-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #43
EFFalcon
Last warning

Thanks to everyone who turned up, was a great cruise, i've got the details of those 2 cars doing burnouts at the 2nd meet point, also a 3rd car i'm very unimpressed with.

The late night photos were great fun, theres even some great pics of my own car, with members falling asleep and security/cops helping us no-end to find us locations it was the best experience i've had with the boys in blue.

I don't have a whole lot in the way of videos/pics but what i do have i'll put up soon.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #44
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
least you didnt get the laser in there :P
lol I feel sorry for that guy :O

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #45
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Apologies for the behaviour, got a little caught up in the moment.

Rest assured, won't happen again.
Old 13-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #46
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i'll bring my tripod next time and try for some nice shots. You guys ever done a cruise up through yarra glen/healesville/black spur ? Some fantastic roads out that way, used to live in the yarra valley. Christmas hills also has some great roads. Also for a longer day trip, Arthur's Seat is a lot of fun.. and fantastic photography points along the peninsula.

also lol @ the cars following me from Altona last night who thought i knew where i was going. Sorry fellas i was in auto pilot, and was also very tired. Once i fired up the GPS it was all good.

I can plot out some nice day trip cruises if anyone's interested, i used to travel a lot when i was younger, going places for the hell of it, so i can think of some nice areas. Also there's nothing better than shots of nice cars at sunset in country locations.

cheers

chris.
Old 13-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #47
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Apologies for the behaviour, got a little caught up in the moment.

Rest assured, won't happen again.
not having a go at u mate, but before you critisise me, watch your own driving habits!! (vss meet)

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #48
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo

p.s. agony, i was very happy to see your ride at bayswater. Thanks for bringing it down!
It was no problem at all, it needed a drive anyway.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #49
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_xr6
was another awesome cruise guys! thanks to the organisers who made it happen, jjm and who ever else helped :P

ended up getting home at about 5.30 am and it was showing 2 degrees on my climate control so any wonder we were freezing our ***** off at docklands!

also have a bit of a story...on the way home me and FairmontEL went to the ring road maccas drive thru, ordered our stuff and came to the last window ready to pick it up when we see a mauri guy jumped out of a green ED wagon wanting to fight the manager!! we had front row view of the punch on and the whole time i was scared i was going to have a mc manager slammed onto my bonnet..LOL the fight ended up continuing into the store with staff panicing and needless to say the manager got owned! we then got our maccas and drove off :P
John, I saw your car at Chaddy, but I didn't get a chance to chat to you. How often do you change rims? Every time I see that car it has a different set of rims on it.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #50
jrfttf
Getting By!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
saw your car at the chadstone stop stevo, very nice. It's definitely unique. Not sure if you saw my heap ? ;p Guys for next time maybe we could get cards made rup, like a name card we can put our forum name/real name on and sit on the bonnet of our cars when they're sitting at each meet point ? I met quite a few people last night which was good, but i guarantee i walked past a dozen or so people i talk to from here, and didn't know them from a bar of soap ;p I'd be happy to sus something out for the name cards if anyone else is up for the idea.
Like the name tag idea and name tag on cars! Good to put names to faces and names and faces to cars!
jrfttf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #51
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Damn sounds like you guys had a ball! Was almost going to go but elephant and wheelbarrow was calling me :P I'll definately be going to the next night cruise, for one it's a hell of a lot cheaper ;)

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #52
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Awesome photo Alex that looks awesome all the cars look great! Hopefully ill have the kit done by the next cruise steve! It was an awesome finish to a great cruise down at the docks!!

Old 13-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #53
niko
likes falcon's

how many cars showed up?
Old 13-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #54
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I had fun, was wicked catching up with everyone and meeting some new people!

Sam & Matt, hope you guys had a great night, was wicked meeting you - and chuppa chup man aswell!

First cruise I've ever made it to the last point on, very proud! Was great fun.

Thanks too for Gubas for letting me ride along =P
Old 13-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #55
hppsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
I had fun, was wicked catching up with everyone and meeting some new people!

Sam & Matt, hope you guys had a great night, was wicked meeting you - and chuppa chup man aswell!

First cruise I've ever made it to the last point on, very proud! Was great fun.

Thanks too for Gubas for letting me ride along =P
Hi fordgirl

was great to finally meet you at this cruise. You have been one of the most welcoming members to a newbie like me, so thank you.

Hope to see you again for some Chinese one day!
Old 13-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #56
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfttf
Like the name tag idea and name tag on cars! Good to put names to faces and names and faces to cars!

i was in the merc everybody :P
Old 13-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #57
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

Hey Fantz..was that you me and bluemist were following from Altona LOL.I didnt know where i was going properly so I just followed bluemist following you LOL.Ahh well...i;ll be better prepared for the next cruise )
Cheers mate

1993 5 Litre LTD.Stock motor.tinted windows,sunroof,pioneer P7550 7" DVD head deck + 2x7" headrest monitors,pioneer 260w rear,110w front,Kicker ES 1000w subby run by audioline 4channel 800w boot.Duel Fuel. Catback 2.5" exhaust.Hornet Alarm,Pimped Out LED's,Sits on King Lows & 17" ROH RT's.
A WORK IN PROGRESS HEHE :eclipsee_

Daily Ride: 1989 Telstar TX5 TURBO
dveus 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #58
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dveus1fairlane
Hey Fantz..was that you me and bluemist were following from Altona LOL.I didnt know where i was going properly so I just followed bluemist following you LOL.Ahh well...i;ll be better prepared for the next cruise )
Cheers mate
haha yeah that was me up the front. When you and another dude pulled over after altona, i thought you guys knew were you were going and were making a turn.. didn't realise you were pulling up haha.. there i was in the middle of the road ...

i just took off after that and punched the address into the gps. campbellfield is my end of town(ish) but in Altona i was a tourist. The map supplied by effalcon was good, but i lost it and in my state of tiredness was a bit out of it for a while.

Least we got there in the end ;p
Old 13-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #59
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

LMAO....yeah that was bluemist(pete) we dodnt have a clue so we pulled over to let the cars behind us take over......was hysterical.See you at the next cruise

1993 5 Litre LTD.Stock motor.tinted windows,sunroof,pioneer P7550 7" DVD head deck + 2x7" headrest monitors,pioneer 260w rear,110w front,Kicker ES 1000w subby run by audioline 4channel 800w boot.Duel Fuel. Catback 2.5" exhaust.Hornet Alarm,Pimped Out LED's,Sits on King Lows & 17" ROH RT's.
A WORK IN PROGRESS HEHE :eclipsee_

Daily Ride: 1989 Telstar TX5 TURBO
dveus 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #60
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dveus1fairlane
LMAO....yeah that was bluemist(pete) we dodnt have a clue so we pulled over to let the cars behind us take over......was hysterical.See you at the next cruise
heh was all good fun. yep i'll be there, cheers.