Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
-=FoRdEseries=-

Default ED Falcon Engine Conversion

Hey Guys,
I am looking at getting a ED Fairmont of a close family friend. It has a el xr8 engine in it for a cheap price without the engine. If i was going to get it i would have to convert it to a i6 because i cant get my p's til next year and them new rules of high powered engines are already in force (victoria). Which engine is the easiest to wire up to the computer/ECU/thingo out of a Ef/El XR6 enigne, AU i6, or a DOHC BA i6 or would it be easier to just put a ED i6? I have heard the BA i6 are abit fiddly, but i would like to hear your opinions.

Any comments would be greatly appreaciated!
Thanks!

-=FoRdEseries=- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=FoRdEseries=-
Hey Guys,
I am looking at getting a ED Fairmont of a close family friend. It has a el xr8 engine in it for a cheap price without the engine. If i was going to get it i would have to convert it to a i6 because i cant get my p's til next year and them new rules of high powered engines are already in force (victoria). Which engine is the easiest to wire up to the computer/ECU/thingo out of a Ef/El XR6 enigne, AU i6, or a DOHC BA i6 or would it be easier to just put a ED i6? I have heard the BA i6 are abit fiddly, but i would like to hear your opinions.

Any comments would be greatly appreaciated!
Thanks!
I would think there's a fair bit of work involved in changing from V8 to i6. Would be cheaper just to get another 5lt in it, but as you say, you won't be able to drive it on your P's.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
I would think there's a fair bit of work involved in changing from V8 to i6. Would be cheaper just to get another 5lt in it, but as you say, you won't be able to drive it on your P's.
Yeah thanks mate. Yeah it is really cheap tho, $4000 with a professional respray, top of the range pioneer h/u, lowered, 17" AU tickford wheels, immaculate condition, the guy im buyin it of is a panel beater and has a good knowledge of conversions but is unsure of ecu's and so on..
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
bentles
Banned

ed fairmont for 4k without engine isnt exactly dirt cheap.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

It has a n engine but is doesn't?

If it's a I6 leave it that.
If it's a v8 leave it that.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Sorry, but I don't think an ED Fairmont with no engine and a few mods is cheap for 4k. 4k would be the going rate WITH the engine on a good day. Mods don't count for much at all when it comes time to sell the car.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:52 PM   #7
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

oh ok.. Yeah the car has done about 70thousand k's and the v8 has been sitting in it for 3 years and its only done 500k, it was his sons and he is sellin it because its a waste of a good car. he just told me its $3.5g so its all good. Thanks guys for your help, much appreciated!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #8
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

oh i forgot to add that the engine conversion is duty free and respray is duty free also. Il put a photo up of progress in show us ya eseries later!
Thanks!