Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #61
lostdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
The LPG part is remotely plausible, but Jason claims it stalled when he booted it when overtaking in the adjacent lane. It seems very strange that someone in that position would immediately slam on the brakes and move left, especially as they were in the process of overtaking at the time. There remains a lot more to come out about this incident, but if Jason is as innocent as he claims I think a really good lawyer is in order. To most people this seems a case of 'brake checking' road rage that came back to bit him, well, in the rear!
I think his making this crap up to cover his *** but i would definately slam on my brakes and come to a complete stop if my car stalled rather then keep traveling at whatever speed he was traveling at while trying to restart the car.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #62
BFXR8Silhouette
Nate

Cars are bigger than bikes. It's as simple as that. If you are on a bike you are the one most likely to be hurt in the event of an accident. People on bikes need to be careful and aware of what is happening around them.

Trucks are bigger than cars. The same rules apply.

What if the tables were turned. One of the bike riders had fallen off suddenly and a car following too closely had run them over? The driver would be considered at fault? The driver would most likely be charged with careless driving resulting in death.

Seems like motorists are always to blame and road rage is the latest buzz word.

Have these people been informed that exercise bikes are available from any good sports store? You do not need to endanger your life to ride a bike these days.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #63
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

[quote " The claims his new Falcon 'stalled' when he pulled back in front. Miraculously it started again first go when he took off. Should we put this in the 'tech' threads - how to fix a stalled BF - have 50 pushies run into it??? " endquote]

On the news they showed the car as an EF or EL couldnt quite tell which, but it was not a new Falcon

Last edited by samsy351; 09-05-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #64
lostdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
The claims his new Falcon 'stalled' when he pulled back in front. Miraculously it started again first go when he took off. Should we put this in the 'tech' threads - how to fix a stalled BF - have 50 pushies run into it???

On the news they showed the car as an EF or EL couldnt quite tell which, but it was not a new Falcon
the car was scared shitless and feared for its life, haven't you seen hurbie the love bug?

Last edited by lostdude; 09-05-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 13-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #65
lostdude

Update from smh: the driver has being charged by police with failure to stop at the scene of an accident and the article said the police are still interviewing witness pending further chargers.
Old 13-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #66
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Why did this thread turn into the cyclist accident??

I think everyone is in a hurry these days and that is what is sending everyone troppo for the stupidest reasons. Just glad the guy in the porsche didn't catch up to ya. You see and hear these types of accidents with someone been beaten to death, stabbed or shot. In my accident thats the first thing I thought of. It's getting to be a crazy and sorta scary world for driving .

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 13-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #67
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdude
but you don't cycle with 50 of your best mates do you?
Or ride 5 abreast in the transit lane like they did to me last week
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 29-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #68
porsche
Starter Motor

Default Anyways, then I saw the door of the Porsche open and a fairly stocky mafia looking as

i am THE porsche man....

you poor inexperienced STUP.D young man showing off your poor and dangerous chasing up to me efforts. take your chips off your shoulders too !! and go train to drive better than you did.

the main point everyone now has to know is that XR6_661 is a HUGE (HUGE) Liar (LIAR) !!!

what a fantastic falsified story you have put up. the ONLY true bit is i brake tested the silly idiot when he kept tailgaiting me. all he had to do after oggling my car at such real close quarters; is pull right back, overtake and get out my sight. i am too busy to get involved with dumb 'racer' guys like you.

Get some glasses so you can oggle the car a little FURTHER BACK! Do this for ANY OTHER car you may do this oggling to.

i NEVER GOT OUT OF MY CAR. YOU BIG BIG BIG LIAR ++++, but i could see you dirtied your pants badly when i brake tested you. This can only happen with such good effect because you WERE much much too near.
..and if i had got out, you would then know that i am not stocky, and might even be taller than you.

what imagination, but then you can tell a story and a half!

so lets call the police... i have an independent witness to spell out the TRUTH that will belittle you amongst these people you have tried to con. shall we ?

BTW, your driving was pretty bad that morning (up to infringement standards), cutting up those poor mums and dads, racing to get close up to me. we will see what the police say about that then!

please display your 'p' plates that you are supposed to; GROW UP before 10 years time, STOP LYING, STOP LYING, STOP LYING, and stay out of my way.

porsche guy
Old 29-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #69
porsche
Starter Motor

Default see porsche guys post on page three

see porsche guys post on page three
Old 29-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #70
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

I must admit, I hate it when people tailgate but I certainly don't brake test them.

I do like thread padlocks though.
Old 29-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #71
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Welcome to the forum Porsche man, it sheds some light hearing the other side of the story.
You have given your account which is fine, however the thread will go downhill from here.
The thread is now locked and i would prefer you take up the argument via pm and keep it civil.
Old 29-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #72
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche
i am THE porsche man....

you poor inexperienced STUP.D young man showing off your poor and dangerous chasing up to me efforts. take your chips off your shoulders too !! and go train to drive better than you did.

the main point everyone now has to know is that XR6_661 is a HUGE (HUGE) Liar (LIAR) !!!

what a fantastic falsified story you have put up. the ONLY true bit is i brake tested the silly idiot when he kept tailgaiting me. all he had to do after oggling my car at such real close quarters; is pull right back, overtake and get out my sight. i am too busy to get involved with dumb 'racer' guys like you.

Get some glasses so you can oggle the car a little FURTHER BACK! Do this for ANY OTHER car you may do this oggling to.

i NEVER GOT OUT OF MY CAR. YOU BIG BIG BIG LIAR ++++, but i could see you dirtied your pants badly when i brake tested you. This can only happen with such good effect because you WERE much much too near.
..and if i had got out, you would then know that i am not stocky, and might even be taller than you.

what imagination, but then you can tell a story and a half!

so lets call the police... i have an independent witness to spell out the TRUTH that will belittle you amongst these people you have tried to con. shall we ?

BTW, your driving was pretty bad that morning (up to infringement standards), cutting up those poor mums and dads, racing to get close up to me. we will see what the police say about that then!

please display your 'p' plates that you are supposed to; GROW UP before 10 years time, STOP LYING, STOP LYING, STOP LYING, and stay out of my way.

porsche guy
Bah

Another stooge being an internet hero, the caliber of this post indicates to me that there is a slim chance you are whom you claim to be, however if so, it certainly enforces the childish behavior of the post that started it all.

To the thread starter, I have no doubt there is more to the story your letting on as well.
Closed Thread