Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Brembo Front Pads and Disc Machining

Hi Matt,

Had a look at my front pads the other day and noticed they're on their last legs (probably 20 - 30% left).

I've got an FG 5th Anniversary GT with the 6/4 Brembo's.

Few questions:

1) Is it possible to machine the brembo discs? I've heard they should not be machined, but you're the expert so will take your word. I think the discs are the OEM brembo's, and don't think they have been machined before. How much do you guys charge if you do do machining? There's a bit of a lip developed on the outside of the discs.

2) The pads look like they are the OEM brembos too. I really, really like their stopping power and pedal feel, and definitely do not want to go backwards in anyway. How much for replacements?

3) Is there an alternative pad which is just as good, but doesn't squeal? How much $$$ am I looking at?

4) If the discs needed replacing, how much for a set of cross-drilled and slotted fronts as per factory spec 355mm?

5) Do you work Saturdays?

Cheers in Advance.

Michael

M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Brembo Front Pads and Disc Machining

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Hi Matt,

Had a look at my front pads the other day and noticed they're on their last legs (probably 20 - 30% left).

I've got an FG 5th Anniversary GT with the 6/4 Brembo's.

Few questions:

1) Is it possible to machine the brembo discs? I've heard they should not be machined, but you're the expert so will take your word. I think the discs are the OEM brembo's, and don't think they have been machined before. How much do you guys charge if you do do machining? There's a bit of a lip developed on the outside of the discs.

2) The pads look like they are the OEM brembos too. I really, really like their stopping power and pedal feel, and definitely do not want to go backwards in anyway. How much for replacements?

3) Is there an alternative pad which is just as good, but doesn't squeal? How much $$$ am I looking at?

4) If the discs needed replacing, how much for a set of cross-drilled and slotted fronts as per factory spec 355mm?

Cheers in Advance.

Michael
Sorry Michael i don't seem to be getting some notices come through.

A. If the rotors are within tolerance they can be machined although most times they are under the min thickness.We do not machine rotors sorry.

A. We can supply these original front pads for $525 .

A. There are quiet a few aftermarket pads that are better and although they can also produce less dust there is no 100% guarentee on a no pad squeal pad in any aftermarket material and also the original from my experience. Most of the time there is no problem but it does exist i guess its a gamble sometimes.

A. Genuine front rotors are $880 a pair thanks.

A. Yes we do from 8.30am to midday.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post