Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #121
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 
Default Re: Falcon GTHO Revived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
It includes a video

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...review-117087/

It doesn't really look OEM when the front and rear rims are different designs
Interestingly the XR8 Sprint at the premcar holy grail reveal at the 2019 Geelong All Ford day were the same design front and rear just remember the wider rim on the rear...

I wonder what rim that is on the rear of the car in the link?

This user likes this post:
Old 22-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #122
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

https://www.motoring.com.au/ford-fal...-review-117087

https://www.caradvice.com.au/729121/...-ford-falcons/

https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/...-falcon-review
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 22-02-2019, 12:35 PM   #123
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car advice noted -"On our V-Box timing equipment, the best 0-100km/h we could extract was 5.0-seconds neat from the six-speed manual. The six-speed auto would likely be a touch quicker. Another media outlet also got a similar time from the same car, so we reckon we’re close to the money."

Well a few days back in my FGX XR8 with bog tune, KPM plate intercooler, but running 10 litres E85 with balance 98, and 285 PS91s, traction control off, I had a little dispute with a 6.4 Hemi Jeep from standstill where 2 lanes went to one. The greedy big bugger wanted to nab the lane and seeing he was an out of towner from ACT I could not allow that.

With my manual 6 speed at end of second gear my car was some 1 car length in front odd, ie the jeep front was just to my rear end and off a little (could be more or less but that is the gist of it) and that is a machine that is 4.9 sec to 100.

So I have a feeling my car is doing the 0-100 in under 4.5 secs - and this is consistent with my car in this trim being pretty similar in rolling acceleration to a new BMW M2 (maybe my car has a touch more than the M2 at higher speed accelerations at speeds not sane but was very very close).

So straight line equation this premcar package is not that impressive. However, I like the look of the alloy control arms, and the fact they upgrade the power steering pump.

Wonder if they sell the control arms and pump separately....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 22-02-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 22-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #124
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Well, I admire your passion for your FGXXR8 but hey its just not apples with apples right.
Have yours next to this HG just tested by the scribes with Cup tyre grip and the rest of the features it would be chalk and cheese I expect.

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/f...dern-day-gt-ho
Old 22-02-2019, 09:52 PM   #125
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody hell...483 kw and grip and handling to do it justice ...

BLOODY HELL...

What was the journo's crapping on about with the W1.. piddling 474 kw...

Depends on how you look at it with this exercise of the FGX being capable of this level of dynamic.

One way is that it's not cheap or remotely available to mere mortals but the best part is it gives the former FPV guys a heap of creds as car builders when monetary constraints from big brother are not as limiting as they were in the old days .

Last edited by roddy1960; 22-02-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 22-02-2019, 10:33 PM   #126
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Well, I admire your passion for your FGXXR8 but hey its just not apples with apples right.
Have yours next to this HG just tested by the scribes with Cup tyre grip and the rest of the features it would be chalk and cheese I expect.

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/f...dern-day-gt-ho
Mate- been around long enough to know that KW rw claims on a dyno is equivalent to housing salesman saying number of houses sold, or on books to be sold.

Acid is houses sold or time down the quarter.

I did not grow up with a silver spoon, actually a wooden termite infested spoon. Worked hard for what I got and still do- do not leverage off anyone.

Love engineering, be it cars, retaining walls, cantilevered walls, pools etc- end results what counts.

Just calling out what I see-do not see cost/benefit myself for reasons said.

Be happy to run against Premcar with my trim with new scrubbed Ps91s, love engineering, if Premcar 0.5 or 1 sec faster than my car in a manual to 100 for $40,000 extra I would be very very surprised, but for $40,000 odd not overtly impressed.......

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 22-02-2019 at 10:41 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2019, 10:43 PM   #127
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Bloody hell...483 kw and grip and handling to do it justice ...

BLOODY HELL...

What was the journo's crapping on about with the W1.. piddling 474 kw...

Depends on how you look at it with this exercise of the FGX being capable of this level of dynamic.

One way is that it's not cheap or remotely available to mere mortals but the best part is it gives the former FPV guys a heap of creds as car builders when monetary constraints from big brother are not as limiting as they were in the old days .
We can always say the GT-F has more power on a dyno but as far as I know it still has not been faster than the GTS let alone a W1 in any test since.
Old 22-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #128
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Give me 40k and I will modify an xr8 that will smash that premcar

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
Old 22-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #129
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
My mate has 450wrkw for about 30k or so with his VEII SSV-R.
Old 22-02-2019, 11:50 PM   #130
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With all the tech they have .....I'm sure the 1/4 mile times will be very impressive

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 23-02-2019, 01:52 AM   #131
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I can think of better ways to spend that kind of money.
Old 23-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #132
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Maybe but it won't be a GTHO.......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 23-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #133
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
We can always say the GT-F has more power on a dyno but as far as I know it still has not been faster than the GTS let alone a W1 in any test since.
I hear ya ...That's probably very true especially in regard to the GTS . The W1 was an exclusive limited build in 2017 as the Holy Grail Falcon could have been , maybe should have been in 2016.

Absolutely no disrespect to the Sprints because everybody knows how in love I am with them and for what the somewhat limited budget allowed they did a phenomenal job to produce a joyous car any owner of that incredible Falcon would be proud of. Just say if a GTHO to the extent of the HG was released instead though with more financial freedom to squeeze more goodies out of it that the W1 obviously had it would have been fascinating . A Sprint went out the door for about $65-70 K from memory while a W1 was approaching three times that at $175 K .

I guess some of the guys behind the Sprint would have also been at the forefront of the Holy Grail ,GTHO revival . That's what I understand .

Last edited by roddy1960; 23-02-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 23-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #134
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

During the reveal, I also overheard that the shockworks coilovers were designed and built specifically for the Holy Grail package. It differs to the coilovers offered for the BA/FG Falcons. The holy grail has a slightly different internal design, different valving, different pin?, and has a wider range of adjustment. Brett from Shockworks can confirm this though. They did tune the car from their choice of tyre (michelin pilot sport cup 2) up...

Also there was something mentioned about a special way in how they energise the ignition coils, but I wasn't sure what that meant, but might be a way they make power/torque too...

Also something mentioned about if they were to change pump/reg/injectors meant they would not pass emission regulations....

A cost associated with the holy grail would be to meet/exceed the Australian Design Rules (ADR - https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicl...dr_online.aspx). Just had a quick look and there are a lot of rules they have to abide by, and to consider and meet all these rules would cost a lot of time/development/money. Would be something to think about when comparing costs of this package vs aftermarket.
Old 23-02-2019, 07:44 PM   #135
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

I'm not really interested in how poor journos drive cars. 5 seconds flat is ****. Didn't the R-Spec GT run mid-fours 0-100km/h and mid-12s to 400 metres, in a manual!? I would expect a properly driven HG to run flat fours and 12s down the quarter, in a manaul, and threes/11s respectively in an auto.

What I am more interested in, is lap times between an HG equipped FG or FG-X, compared to a W1. The W1 is an animal and would have to be the second fastest four door production car in the world around the track, behind the Jag XE project 8.

HSV didn't fuq around when they fitted Trofeo R's! I think where the Falcon would still struggle is in the braking department. HSV really did go out with a bang! I think Premcar missed the mark not supplying a stomper brake upgrade.

Last edited by Cobra; 23-02-2019 at 08:02 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #136
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dowling video on youtube

**** this thing sounds mental. wonder if it can beat a w1

https://youtu.be/kuiKEwJkHCM
Old 23-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #137
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
dowling video on youtube

**** this thing sounds mental. wonder if it can beat a w1

https://youtu.be/kuiKEwJkHCM
Amazing! Dowling spent the better part of tow decades trying to bring the Falcon down, and now he adores it! Moron!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
4 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2019, 09:41 PM   #138
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Maybe but it won't be a GTHO.......
This is not a HO. It's just another aftermarket parts bolt on like every other company.

But these guys bend you over on price.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 23-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #139
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
This is not a HO. It's just another aftermarket parts bolt on like every other company.
I know, but i couldn't find a better sarcasm emoji lol

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 24-02-2019, 01:56 AM   #140
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Mate- been around long enough to know that KW rw claims on a dyno is equivalent to housing salesman saying number of houses sold, or on books to be sold.

Acid is houses sold or time down the quarter.

I did not grow up with a silver spoon, actually a wooden termite infested spoon. Worked hard for what I got and still do- do not leverage off anyone.

Love engineering, be it cars, retaining walls, cantilevered walls, pools etc- end results what counts.

Just calling out what I see-do not see cost/benefit myself for reasons said.

Be happy to run against Premcar with my trim with new scrubbed Ps91s, love engineering, if Premcar 0.5 or 1 sec faster than my car in a manual to 100 for $40,000 extra I would be very very surprised, but for $40,000 odd not overtly impressed.......
Its horse's for course's as we all know asagaai.....as you quote not seeing the cost benefit.
Some others are in a position who not care the way others see it and have probably also worked very hard and like to plunge their hard earned into their beloved.
We all see things differently which is great and imo you can only admire what Premcar have presented, when have we seen another Tune shop do this as well ? none.
Also overall its not about the numbers, its the end product.
IMO there is no doubt its the Best Aftermarket and ADR approved package I've seen to date in this country and its for Fords finally !
Its unleashing what could have been with an OE finish by the previous Prodrive/FPV guys who know the Miami and its drive train more than any others, some owners I know are close to these people having bought quite a number of Tickfords previously and then ongoing with FPV's, they are types who are not so keen on other Aftermarket business's.
Your happy with your set up others prefer going another way and happy to pay more than others are willing to, thats life in everything regards purchasing tastes.
4 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2019, 03:08 AM   #141
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Its horse's for course's as we all know asagaai.....as you quote not seeing the cost benefit.
Some others are in a position who not care the way others see it and have probably also worked very hard and like to plunge their hard earned into their beloved.
We all see things differently which is great and imo you can only admire what Premcar have presented, when have we seen another Tune shop do this as well ? none.
Also overall its not about the numbers, its the end product.
IMO there is no doubt its the Best Aftermarket and ADR approved package I've seen to date in this country and its for Fords finally !
Its unleashing what could have been with an OE finish by the previous Prodrive/FPV guys who know the Miami and its drive train more than any others, some owners I know are close to these people having bought quite a number of Tickfords previously and then ongoing with FPV's, they are types who are not so keen on other Aftermarket business's.
Your happy with your set up others prefer going another way and happy to pay more than others are willing to, thats life in everything regards purchasing tastes.
Fair point as well.

It does look like a very well engineered package, the control blades are just top notch engineering, and how many after market tune up shops raising revs to 7,000 do not touch power steering.

So yes, very well engineered and if I won Tats Lotto I would probably roll for it as well.

Also- if it has sticky 295s and 485kw the 5.0 sec 0-100 does not make sense to me. With those figures it would have to be cracking 4.4 secs or under-manual.

Remember GT R spec cracked 4.6, and the FGX XR8 got a manual time of 4.7 sec off.

So possibly the journos did not know how to drive- it traction off and feathering clutch.

But yes- it would be a weapon around a track and fast country driving.

3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2019, 08:39 AM   #142
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just watched the CarAdvice review test at the Broadford track.

It Sounds, looks and GOOOOOO's great.

Loooved the Huuuge Ken Block style Powerslides!!!!!
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2019, 02:16 PM   #143
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Drilled rotors???. Now I have to question the performance aspect of the upgrade..Do premcar understand the nature of the components they are specifying

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 25-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #144
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Drilled rotors???. Now I have to question the performance aspect of the upgrade..Do premcar understand the nature of the components they are specifying
GTHO Badge and drilled rotors mate, that stuff sells
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 25-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #145
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

John Bowe driving a manual Holy Grail with Tony Lockett as passenger around Broadford complex. Bit of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdABTwgOlWs
9 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2019, 10:15 PM   #146
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Love how relaxed jb is... And the look on lockets face
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
6 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #147
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
This from DBA. And from my experience.. totally agree.
My original brembo rotors on the GT had small hairline cracking around the holes aftwr just 30k of mixed use.... just sayin.

The decision as to whether your discs should be slotted or cross drilled depends on the vehicle use, performance aspirations and vehicle style.

“If your brakes are working hard for their money and you want nothing but the best, invest in T3 slotted rotors. If you’re looking to complete that show car look, but still want the street performance and safety advantage, go for the cross-drilled rotors, ” said Martin Peart, Director of Sales at DBA.

If you drive hard, race or use your vehicle off-road or for towing purposes, DBA recommend installing slotted rotors, as the surface grooves make for cleaner rotors and effectively reduce overheating in demanding conditions.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 27-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #148
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Bluey-GT;6262923]This from DBA. And from my experience.. totally agree.
My original brembo rotors on the GT had small hairline cracking around the holes aftwr just 30k of mixed use.... just sayin.

/QUOTE]

After my research into the matter the drilled rotors have 2 benefits:

1. They look tuff...…

2. Increased initial grip in wet conditions.

But disadvantages

1. Reduced rotor surface braking area in dry

2. Fracture weakness points resulting in cracks in rotors

3. Less mass meaning reduced heat storage ability

I concluded 2 piece rotors with alloy hat and slot gas vents with proper cooling vanes best for performance.

PS John Bowe sliding car and correcting oversteer with one hand at speed and so casual and nonplussed. Car does look very well set up in suspension.

Old 27-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #149
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

^^^^^^

Lols at JB
He was driving one handed cos he was like driving at 50klm/h
They then sped up the footage to make it look like sick skids and speed..

Seriously though, that looks awesome.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 10-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #150
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The best Falcon ever, according to Joshua Dowling (of all journos):

Closed Thread