Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #1
Grey_Ghost
Starter Motor

Default Hug me, I'm new!

I could have sworn I joined here a decade ago, but the forums say no. Anyway, I'm Gav!

I've been fiddling with cars for many years, I used to play around on Magnas, but then moved to other Mitsubishis. I currently own a Legnum VR4, great fun, but completely unreliable) an imported Galant ∑ hardtop (Think early Magna, but different. And turbocharged).

I picked up my mate's 1999 AU Falcon wagon recently, he was a motivated seller. It's actually reasonably cheap to run, being gas, and drives much better now with new ball joints. It might end up as a ***** and giggles project after the Legnum is rebuilt.

Please, just wear deodorant before so.
Grey_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2016, 12:30 AM   #2
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Hug me, I'm new!

Welcome gav, if you like the gallant and legnum you may also enjoy some of the cars from the other Japanese manufacturers. The aurion is pretty red hot from what I hear.

Hope you can share your au build when you get to it, not too many in wagon form left I'm betting, put up some pics when you get a chance.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2016, 01:36 AM   #3
Qwerty321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the look of the last generation Galant and Legnum VR-4's. I actually wanted to buy a Galant VR4 Twin Turbo but chose against it cause I heard they costed an arm and a leg to fix due to certain parts being very hard to come by.

Welcome to the forums btw. I'm kinda new here too, but it's a really nice place

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"
"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick Two"

Qwerty321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
Grey_Ghost
Starter Motor

The parts for the EC5s, aren't expensive, nor overly difficult to find. They do get up and go pretty damn well. My specific car was extremely cheap, and did have it's own set of problems.

Now, the Galant, on the other hand, from what we can gather it's the only one in Australia. Parts for that, mechanically, are easy. It's simply Cordia, early Magna or HG Galant. If it's not mechanical parts, then it doesn't exist here. New Zealanders are somewhat helpful in this regard.

It's pleasant to be able to walk into just anywhere and buy a part that fits the Falcon, though!
Old 07-02-2016, 01:07 AM   #5
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Are you also on the Sigma Galant forum here: http://www.sigma-galant.com I'm there with an LC Lancer I've had from new.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #6
Grey_Ghost
Starter Motor

Yes, I'm over on SG, though I post not much. Also from AussieMagna and OzVR4. Forums are useful resources, though Facebook also has it's place.