Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #121
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer said that the first shipment has no white color Titanium Hatches! so it gets down to color choice he said there is a few silver ones so be prepared to wait based on what color you want, gees it was reversed when I got mine heaps of whites but no popular silver back then

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #122
Mickmelb

Theres at least 1 ink blue one in the shipment but you can't have it
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #123
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Theres at least 1 ink blue one in the shipment but you can't have it
When you get it, you have to put up photos, as it will be the first we've seen of the MC Titanium. Sorry, that aren't Ford photos, and they come straight from the Euro sites.

Plus I want to see what Ink Blue looks like!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #124
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
When you get it, you have to put up photos, as it will be the first we've seen of the MC Titanium. Sorry, that aren't Ford photos, and they come straight from the Euro sites.

Plus I want to see what Ink Blue looks like!

Yes, I would like to see what an MC Mondeo looks like in Ink Blue too.
cappie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #125
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this quote about right for trade-ins based on what you guys are getting
http://www.drive.com.au/buy/market_v...series=TDCi:MA

gees why the large gap between what dealer gives you and he sells at !!

apstar
Old 13-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #126
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Lol good luck getting that for one second hand.. 2008 TDCI's are worth about 16 - 18 kay trade and about 23 - 25 Retail on the lot...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #127
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Is this quote about right for trade-ins based on what you guys are getting
http://www.drive.com.au/buy/market_v...series=TDCi:MA

gees why the large gap between what dealer gives you and he sells at !!

apstar
Mine will be about 180K km by the time I'm due for a changeover. I'm better of buying the novation out.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #128
ian b

I traded my 2008 MAXR5 and got $26k with 43k on the clock. ($2.5k above the payout figure on the lease)

It was in very good condition and is now advertised as "pristine" on the Alto Ford website. ($29990)

Downside was very little movement on the MB price, but I was more interested in clearing the lease on the MA. The lease payments are also less on the MB than they were on the MA so a result all round IMO.
Old 14-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #129
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Good result Ian. I'm selling mine to my brother, and as the dealer told me, he is going to get a good deal.

Interesting, the lease I will have on my MC Titanium wagon will end up being about $30 more a month than my current lease. Of course that assumes that interest rates don't go through the roof between when I get it and now.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 14-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #130
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Andrew, Do you know about this shipment in three weeks time? Not that I'm too concerned...
Hope it not about to head into Brissy! All ports are closed, Toll transport has closed and there will be no vehicle movements in or out of QLD for a while.

There are currently 2 boats full of Imported Fords that are stuck and a few more boats on the way that wont be able to dock which will create a backlog.

For those with cars on order, there maybe some delays while the logistics are sorted out, please be patient and contact your Dealers for the latest information.

Grant your car is obviously not affected and all should be sorted by the time its due.
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #131
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Excellent work, Andrew.

If things aren't sorted by April, we are all in strife.
Previous:
Old 18-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #132
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And the Mondeo gets even better overseas while we here wait for the basic scraps thanks Ford

http://www.fordcarfans.com/blog/post...echnology.aspx

apstar

Quote:
“The combination of the 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi with the Durashift 6-tronic transmission is really a connoisseur's choice: it really delivers a powerful yet very relaxed and refined driving experience” Rolf Deges commented. “With these attributes in place, this combination is the perfect addition to our large car range, and supplements well to the already available combinations of the Ford PowerShift 6-speed double-wet clutch transmission with the 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi with 140 and 163 PS”.

Quote:
New Durashift 6-tronic automatic transmission for the 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi engine
Ford's 200 PS 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi powerhouse can now also be ordered with the optional comfort of a 6-speed automatic transmission. The renewed auto box is a second generation of the well-proven Durashift 6-tronic transmission. This torque converter transmission is a perfect match for the 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi with a peak torque of 420 Nm in a range from 1750 – 3000 rpm – with 450 Nm available under transient overboost condition.

Designed and calibrated ultra-smooth gear changes for the optimum driving experience, this transmission also offers a manual and sport mode: When the gear lever is pushed from 'D' position into the right column, the then activated sport mode offers a more responsive and powerful performance with quicker downshifts and higher revving before shifting upwards. Also with the shifter in the right shifting column, a full automatic mode is available for full driver involvement, with downshifts being practiced by pushing the lever forward, and upshifts by pulling the lever to the rear.

Paramount for the successful integration to the Ford of Europe large car family has been the development of the unit software via the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

The TCM is linked to the Engine Control Module (ECM) and controls the up- and downshifts, the neutral idle control feature, the engagements into forward and reverse gears and performs a self-diagnosis function by monitoring the communication status of each sensor, all electronic components and the ECM.

The transmission hardware was designed and manufactured for Ford by Aisin AW, a company with a worldwide and longstanding reputation for providing reliable transmissions that break new ground in the automatic transmission arena. Ford's engineers worked closely with Aisin AW to tailor the TCM software to complement and enhance Ford's acclaimed driving dynamics.

The TCM incorporates sophisticated, adaptive learning procedures. After the prescribed running-in period the transmission will provide optimum gear shifting smoothness for all conditions irrespective of terrain or driver input. The transmission will adapt to perform within its optimum window of operation to always provide maximum smoothness when changing gear, irrespective of the mode selected.

Updates to this transmission include a further reduced inertia of the torque converter and bearings as well as a revised strategy that enables bypassing of the converter unit much more often than before, both adding to a higher efficiency of the transmission unit.

Last edited by apstar; 18-01-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #133
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is a review: http://cars.uk.msn.com/reviews/artic...ntid=154615789

apstar
Old 08-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #134
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Review is from Sep last year. Nevertheless, you get more of everything.
Now we just need Ford OZ to bring out the hi-po diesel and EcoBoost petrol (mit 6spd manual pls).
Sounds extremely impressive, and I thought my MB XR5 was pretty darn good.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #135
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While looking for some MC reviews I came across these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv7IUx1_jT0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pstY...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRsgC...feature=fvwrel

sorry about the lanuage arggggg its has my 2.2l engine
apstar
Old 28-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #136
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2011 Mondeo MC Official Release

Review of Zetec TDCi Wagon

http://www.anyauto.com.au/2011-ford-...-wagon-review/

apstar
Old 30-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #137
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

After having a 6 speed manual Zetec TDCi as a rental in the UK, I am keen on getting the new Mondeo Titanium TDCi as my next car in August to replace my XR6. Just the lack of manual transmission puts me off.

Why oh why can we not get a manual transmission here in Aus?
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #138
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

JG66ME - Why no manual.......?

A few years ago a friend bought a new Falcon BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo...manual. He had to get FordOZ to build it, as less than 5% of Falcons are manual (so he was told).
Sign of the times......big cities/traffic, people lethargy, modern auto boxes much better than old, keep low stock holdings, etc etc.
.........Us 3-pedal drivers are a dying breed.

However, having tested the Mazda6 diesel 3-pedal manual, I'm almost inclined to go auto given the narrow rev range (for us spirited drivers).
And...suffered a rental Audi 1.9TDi-e 6-spd manual for a weekend...and Die it did on every hill.

And the Mondeo is still a low-volume import. We won't go into the reasons here (again).

Bring on the best of everything, more is always better <grin!!>
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #139
Allusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Bring on the best of everything, more is always better <grin!!>
^^ This