Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #31
Bakis
XR6ED

Thanks mate, thing in its current condition it's still been on display at Sandown and no one really noticed it so its not like its that bad... Still its sorta the principal, ppl should be able to do there jobs properly.

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Old 08-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #32
Bakis
XR6ED

Car got approved on friday and i dropped it off at panel beaters today, so should get it back in 1 - 2 weeks hopefully .

XR6ED Thread
Old 08-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #33
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakis
Car got approved on friday and i dropped it off at panel beaters today, so should get it back in 1 - 2 weeks hopefully .

Theres the good news

Cheerz,
Old 24-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #34
Bakis
XR6ED

Got car back today will spend Saturday cleaning it and will post pics if a get a chance, looks heaps better now .

XR6ED Thread
Old 26-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #35
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

Great news in time for show season

Cheerz,
Old 22-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #36
Bakis
XR6ED

ok well its been a while but just an update i put springs in the car yesterday , kings sl all round. Im really happy with the rear height already and the front is yet to sag all the way so it will get a little lower but its looking good.

Glad a got it done in a way but when helping uncle doing it realised that i actually dont have working front shocks lol and the top bearer is bent plus needs bushes :S. Front struts are so bad could just push them in and they would stay like that lol, guess thats wat happens to 15yo shocks.

Also i've been getting a bad rattle from the rear where a exhaust mount has moved. And its moved cause the rear resonator has rusted away along the area where the pipe joins :(.

Uncle said be a hard fix cause its needs a new pipe from the section that comes from the 2nd muffler :(. Gotta check my options but a 2.5" dual muffler system seems the go there prob end up being cheaper too.

Also we removed the bonnets heat shield to find that ford didn't paint under it fully so not happy and dont have money for respraying under it atm, so heat shielding will go back up for afd.

As for the front end, im looking at getting some nice koni's on the front but the ebay link has gone :(. I know Steve's orsmeb has ultima, and that its best to avoid Monroe. Any suggestions?

Funny thing is i've always thought its handled and rode really well :S, and been told that by passengers 'handles alright for falcon' lol maybe they were being nice?

Pics:

PS: also im happy with the respray/repairs done just needs a few more things to fix it up.

XR6ED Thread
Old 22-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #37
ORSMEB
Steve

Good on ya mate! Looks tops.
Just need to get them compressed!
As for the struts...Ultima for sure I would say...
Old 22-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #38
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She is coming alomg nicely.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
Old 22-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #39
Bakis
XR6ED

Just found koni reds on ebay for $600 rrp 1160 from flemington might go check them out soon .

XR6ED Thread
Old 28-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #40
Bakis
XR6ED

Ok, went out for a drive saturday night with mate in his BF F6 got some orsm photos.

Also im going to go flemington today to have a look at these koni's so hopefully they all come up good , try get home before the heat to :(.

XR6ED Thread
Old 28-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #41
ORSMEB
Steve

Those shots are fantastic! Both the cars look very nice too!
Old 28-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #42
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

Great pictures!!!

Cheerz,
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #43
Bakis
XR6ED

Just a quick update, since i've not posted anything for a long while.

I brought the Koni Reds they are amazing ride is very firm and holds unbelievably well, and over bumps it's not to bad harshness wise i mean u feel it but its no worst then stock considering the benefits.

Down side is that the stupid dual exhaust bull that ford decided to pull with the ED Xr6 is scrapping a lot, but im willing to wait until it really really needs one to do anything, about it... should be only a 240 - 300 dollar replacement for a nice 2.5" mandrel system.

Not sure what to do next thou... i could get front and rear sway bars to really complete the handling maybe with the addition of a strut brace if i can find. Or build a proper intake with box and piping. Or i could even do a brake kit but not too sure what i would go with, don't wanna go crazy maybe some nice looking rotors with red calipers.

XR6ED Thread
Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #44
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Good job on getting red Koni's, they're very good shocks, I've got them on my car too. Did you know they are adjustable? You have to take them off the car and manually twist them, from soft to hard setting. They're not height adjustable though, for that you need yellow Koni's.

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #45
Bakis
XR6ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT-2
Good job on getting red Koni's, they're very good shocks, I've got them on my car too. Did you know they are adjustable? You have to take them off the car and manually twist them, from soft to hard setting. They're not height adjustable though, for that you need yellow Koni's.

Hey Bud, yeah i fiddled with them before i put them in the car. I gave them a few turns towards hardness and then tried to match them up and end result is it feels harder then dad's F6, less bounce if i push down in the boot area. Yeah these shocks are apparently for XR and Lowered cars.

I think mine are a little different to yours, my rear shocks are height adjustable, but fronts aren't. Then again the rear shocks can be used on anything from like XE - Early E series.

Koni dont make yellow for mine anymore, and i couldnt find bilsten, and wasn't about to spend 2 - 3 grand on coil overs for a daily driver that will never see track work. Still happy with my buy thou .

Cheers

XR6ED Thread
Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #46
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Great stuff james!!!

can't belive you still have the original twin pipe's the XR6's came out with!! no wonder it a tad dead now.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
Old 01-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #47
Bakis
XR6ED

Yh, i know sadly thou its becoming really annoying, its got a hole and sounds a little tacky and uncle and other say it prob isn't any better then a standard single system, with all the extra bends and stuff... plus its age, so i might get a little more out of a good new exhaust then most ppl.

XR6ED Thread
Old 16-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #48
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate,

Saw you at the Mitcham car wash yesterday arvo, car sounded sweet when you drove it down Maroondah Highway!

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
Old 17-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #49
Bakis
XR6ED

ey, cheers mate, was that u coming off brushy park rd or something and at the car wash lol? cause it look pretty neat. i was thinking to myself hopefully you dont think i was following you but had plans to meet up with mates at the Car wash lol.

XR6ED Thread
Old 17-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #50
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha nah, saw you with you with other mates there so all good . Was going to pop over and say hi but might have seemed awkward if you weren't around the forums.

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
Closed Thread