Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-02-2005, 03:18 AM   #61
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Well I've never been on a diet before but I thought it was finally time to at the start of this year, so far i've lost 4kg in 5 weeks, I'd like to lose a further 6 and tone up in the process. I've only really become more food concious in the last two weeks and have increased exercise (walking/running, light gym work) to approx 30 min a day but would like to increase it to an hour 4-5 times a week. Oddly I've lost energy and have become a bit more tired in the last two weeks...I thought you were meant to feel more energetic!!!
I'll see what the scales and tape measure say next Sunday :S
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #62
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Be carefull some people cut that much carbs out of their diet that they have no energy to actually do the exersize, best thing(I found) is to have a reasonable amount of carbs in the morning combined with some exersize, then thru'out the day top up with small amounts of carbs(small heathly snacks)dont have lunch, then before your nightly(low carb/fat)meal do your main exersize/workout... watch the weight drop of.
To many people go way too far on "no fat" or "no carb" diets because of the mass amounts of BS in these tabloid mag's, they say ATM we have the fattest population ever... but theres more of these so call diets than ever... can you put 2 and 2 together!
Its all about balance, to loose weight you must burn more than you consume... but only by a little amount because if you cut your energy to much you dont feel like exersizing so you dont.
The best way is to think your body as a furnace, feed it all at once it overheats and doesnt burn effectively, dont put enough in it goes cold... feed it gradually with the correct amount, it burns long and hot and efficiently! Its a golden rule take note.
See a naturopath for the best diet advice, it might cost a bit but its better to get proper advice, for all you know you might have a medical reason for being overweight, or a element defficiency of some kind.
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #63
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Hopefully its not too late to join in here. I'd like to lose weight, a LOT of it. I'm 22 now and I've pretty much just put on a kilo here and a kilo there but never had the corresponding loss of a kilo here or there so that now I've got quite a hefty sum. I have a few problems to overcome to be able to consistantly lose weigh. First, I have a back problem that means whenever I do a lot of walking or similar exercise my back seizes up and sometimes my legs collapse under me. Not very pleasant and pretty embarrassing at times. Second, I get stressed a lot and I find that when I'm stressed I put on weight no mater what I eat. Likewise when I'm relaxed I lose weight even if I'm eating junk all week. Finally, I do the cooking in our house and initially my partner was underweight so I was pretty lax in letting junk and stuff into our diet. He's good now and I'd like to cook healthy foods for both of us but he's a junk food addict and I don't want to deprive him of stuff he loves. And if its in the cupboard its hard to resist! Anyway, I'm working on these problems and I'll let you know how I do. Good luck to everyone
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #64
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

That junk food addiction will catch up with him...
Sounds like you need to keep those stress levels down some how. Whats the problem with your back if you dont mind me asking, is it nerve related or something?
Old 16-02-2005, 06:39 PM   #65
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST170ish
Sounds like you need to keep those stress levels down some how. Whats the problem with your back if you dont mind me asking, is it nerve related or something?
Yeah I'm getting better with controlling stress. I don't really know what's wrong with my back. I've had it for years now. I think it would be something to do with nerves but as 80% of back pain can't be diagnosed then I'll probably never know.
Old 18-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #66
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Ive hit a plateau!!! I will wait another 2 weeks to see if it naturally comes down.If not I am going to take this 1 step further.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 03:22 PM   #67
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

The last few kg's will always take a long time, before when I lost all my weight it took nearly 12mths to loose the last 5kg.
Dont be to worried about it, if you've plateau'd it means your near your ideal weight/body mass some people a naturaly big bodied... the upper end of the BMI scale.
Old 19-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #68
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
Yeah I'm getting better with controlling stress. I don't really know what's wrong with my back. I've had it for years now. I think it would be something to do with nerves but as 80% of back pain can't be diagnosed then I'll probably never know.
Have you been to a chiropractor? Massage therapist (that's what I do)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #69
bindi

I've lost weight again, not sure how much cos i didn't go to WW to be officially weighed last week Too busy chatting on MSN lol

But my pants are getting looser, and an old shirt I pulled out of the cupboard that used to be tight is so loose it looks revolting now (woohoo!).

Now I am off for a walk... wanna lose at least another 3kg before I meet everyone at the NSWFF meet (can't wait!).

Congrats to all who are still losing (or gaining).

PS the magazine Men's Health (which my lesser half termed "Get your hands off my mag Belinda, it's Secret Men's Business") is the best mag ever, for women too. Chockers full of information on weight loss, muscle gain and general health (and if the men took notice of those sex tips, women everywhere would be walking around with distant dreamy looks on their faces).

Quote:
Old 19-02-2005, 11:47 PM   #70
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Are you following a diet plan bindi?
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 08:54 AM   #71
bindi

Well just Weight Watchers... and it's kinda handy for me (I am not the type who follows a strict diet). I don't know if you know how it works, but basically you have so many points per day, and you can eat them how you want to. All foods have a points value.

It's just like counting calories or kilojoules but much easier cos instead of huge numbers it's broken down into small numbers. I'm allowed 22 points per day and you earn bonus points for exercising. 6 squares of dairy milk plain chocolate is worth 3.5 points which is more than 100g of chicken breast fillet so you end up choosing healthier options cos your points are valuable and you don't want to waste them on something that won't fill you up.

Works well, very well.

Quote:
Old 21-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #72
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Is it too late to join this group???

I am wanting to loose weight and my other half is gonna do it with me...

Our biggest insentive is my brothers wedding coming up in Sept...

We have just quit smoking so are planning on getting ourselves straight and healthy again...

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #73
okin

In for weight gain. Any one made up a program?
okin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #74
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniko
Move to the US? They all seem to gain weight...
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #75
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Have you been to a chiropractor? Massage therapist (that's what I do)?
I should go to one but I never seem to think of it except when I don't have the money. I will have to do it though.
Old 24-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #76
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
Yip...Fish & Chips and Videos, that's what got me all this added luggage lol j/k

Great to see everyones doing well, I've lost another 5Kg's since my last post and whilst walking down town one day I felt me pants drop down and just managed to catch them before giving everyone a shot of my moon
might have to start looking at a new wardrobe soon:voldar02:
ANIKO, I only know of two ways for weight gain, and the first one isn't very healthy and that's the one that got me into this whole mess in the first place, the other one is basically weight gain forumlas, which can be expensive.
Sorry I can't be of any other help.
Hopefully someone will post about gaining weight for you soon.
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #77
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:
I was actually thinking about this earlier, does anything think it's a good idea to make our own diet plan? The most sucessful weight gainers and losses could share their diet and secrets :sm_headba
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #78
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Okay, how many people here are trying to gain weight, and how many are trying to loose it???

Old 26-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #79
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lose weight here. Ive lost 8kg in the last 2 months (113kg - 105kg and still dropping).
I put it all down to exercise and eating right, "diets" arent very good for you, ask any profesional they will tell you the best thing you can do is to eat right...
Old 26-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #80
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
Lose weight here. Ive lost 8kg in the last 2 months (113kg - 105kg and still dropping).
I put it all down to exercise and eating right, "diets" arent very good for you, ask any profesional they will tell you the best thing you can do is to eat right...
Great effort, I am sitting on 85kg, and i want to be about 65-70 before september... you guys rekon i can do it?
(I just gave up smoking too)

Old 27-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #81
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Racer
I was actually thinking about this earlier, does anything think it's a good idea to make our own diet plan? The most sucessful weight gainers and losses could share their diet and secrets :sm_headba
Well there's so much conflicting advice that it's hard to decide what works. I think it's basically come down to what works for each person. Some people will be great on low carb/high protein; others on vegetarian diets; others still on eating 6 small meals a day rather than 3 large ones; others on huge breakky, large lunch and small dinner... all very confusing.

The very latest weight watching news comes down to basic principles - burn more kilojoules than you eat. The wheel has turned completely and gone back to the original weight loss regimen

Quote:
Old 27-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #82
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
Great effort, I am sitting on 85kg, and i want to be about 65-70 before september... you guys rekon i can do it?
15kg by september, u sure can masters, piece of **** mate...
Old 27-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #83
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
Mate if I can loose 16kg's in 8 weeks, I'm pretty sure you can do it no probs at all :hihi:
Old 27-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #84
TheOtherHalf
Silver Therapy

Does starvation count???? :

:1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1
TheOtherHalf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #85
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Well on Friday night I started back with my personal trainer, and for the past 2 days I've been sooo sore :( I walked to the gym which took 15 mins, did my half hour training session & then walked home which took 25 mins, my legs felt like jelly! But its worth it, I did it 12 months ago & lost 22kgs, so I'm hoping for the same outcome this time, cause after i stopped I put back half of what I lost :

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike

Last edited by XR6Gal; 27-02-2005 at 12:30 PM.
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #86
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Well on Friday night I started back with my personal trainer, and for the past 2 days I've been sooo sore :( I walked to the gym which took 15 mins, did my half hour training session & then walked home which took 25 mins, my legs felt like jelly! But its worth it, I did it 12 months ago & lost 22kgs, so I'm hoping for the same outcome this time, cause after i stopped I put back half of what I lost :
The same thing happened to me when I started back at the gym, but the body got used to it after a week, which is bloody good coz I was starting to have second thoughts, but I'm glad I stuck at it.
Old 27-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #87
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum-Yum
The same thing happened to me when I started back at the gym, but the body got used to it after a week, which is bloody good coz I was starting to have second thoughts, but I'm glad I stuck at it.
Yeah I've got another session on Tuesday night, so hopefully my legs will be recovered by then!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #88
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Yippee I'll be able to go back to the gym on tuesday, my sicki cert runs out on monday!
Just got to get the doc to allow me to go back to work first...
Old 28-02-2005, 03:19 PM   #89
masters24
I gots me a UTE

I like the weight watchers method, count your points... my mum does it sometimes (whenever she gets conscience about her self) and i think it works really well... but does any body know where i might be able to get the points book from without joining weght watchers?

Old 28-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #90
bindi

Quote:
I like the weight watchers method, count your points... my mum does it sometimes (whenever she gets conscience about her self) and i think it works really well... but does any body know where i might be able to get the points book from without joining weght watchers?
http://shop.weightwatchers.com.au/ep...op.storefront/

You can order over the net. Actually you can order nearly all of their products.

Quote: