Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #31
AD26

Default Re: Another Cougar Newbie

Ah nuts! I went to Ford today to see if they have an ATX throttle cable and they want $200. I expected as much, tried looking around on net and can't find any after market options. Does anyone have a part number or know a site or business to inquire with?
AD26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
AD26

Does anyone know what the little seal things on the roof for the roof rack are actually called? I just noticed my rear passenger side one is missing after being parked at a shopping center all morning. Not happy. Wondering if since I'll never ever have a roof rack installed if I should see a panel beater shop and have them all permanently sealed and painted. Thoughts?
Old 30-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #33
REDDYZ

Only place you can find them is FORD. Don't know what they are called really... may be roof lining inserts or seals or caps.... Its not easy to take them off as they are glued from the factory. You will end up snapping it if you try to remove them.

PS: you can try and match them from other Ford models.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #34
REDDYZ

PM me your address, I will post one for you. Its used and red colour though.

Yogi
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #35
thearrow

I got sick and tired of replacing mine (I live near a school and apparently teenage boys just can't help themselves) so I glued them in as it is extremely unlikely that I am ever going to fit ski-racks to my car.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #36
AD26

Yeah I'll never have a rack either, that's why I was thinking maybe a panel beater could just seal the holes permanently
Old 02-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #37
REDDYZ

They are glued with urethane sealant (used to seal windscreens) from factory which is not strong enough as they are meant to come off when required.

UHU glue is a better option in case you have no plans to take them out at all.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #38
AD26

Hey all, I was thinking it's about time I gave the car a service. I was wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for? Or is it pretty straight forward?(looks like oil filter is accessed from the underneath easier than from top).

Also, what kind of oil are you guys using? synthetic? semi-synthetic? I'm in central Queensland so it's hot for 3/4 of the year and in winter it might get down to 4C at the lowest.

Thinking of doing fuel filter as well, just so I can know for myself when it was last done.

Pointers?
Old 26-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #39
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD26
Hey all, I was thinking it's about time I gave the car a service. I was wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for? Or is it pretty straight forward?(looks like oil filter is accessed from the underneath easier than from top).

Also, what kind of oil are you guys using? synthetic? semi-synthetic? I'm in central Queensland so it's hot for 3/4 of the year and in winter it might get down to 4C at the lowest.

Thinking of doing fuel filter as well, just so I can know for myself when it was last done.

Pointers?
It is straight forward. Filter can be accessed from underneath located opposite to radiator. I have been using Castrol Edge 5W-30 fully synthetic oil and never had any issues. I moved to Brisbane recently and will stick to this oil. If you think this is a bit expensive you can use any 5W-30 as long as its fully synthetic.

Fuel filter is an easy one as well. Just beware that fuel lines will be under high pressure.

cheers

Old 01-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #40
AD26

I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures of the blue beast. Not very good though.. I'll save your poor bandwidth and just post links.
Exterior:
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0348.jpg
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0349.jpg
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0350.jpg

Engine bay:
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0352.jpg
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0353.jpg

Audio gear:
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0351.jpg
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0355.jpg
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...3/100_0354.jpg

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
thearrow

Have you installed your exhaust yet????

Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #42
AD26

Sure have, the headers and exhaust went on about 2 months ago. Sounds absolutely beastly! my photography sucks but the dual ends are in the picture showing the rear of the car.. with the number plate I should have blurred lol
Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #43
thearrow

How good is it when you hit 4000rpm????

The secondaries cut in and man-o-man HELLO horsepower.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #44
AD26

I'm thinking I've done all I want in the engine bay now and should seek out a tune. I found a 4 flip switch from SCT in my searches. Anyone read up on it or have one?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #45
thearrow

What is a 4 flip switch and what does it do????

Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #46
AD26

Just something I found.. stores 4 different tunes

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=31

Guess you could have it tuned for normal ECU operation, fuel economy and performance and the other 1 just.. useless or experimental
Old 18-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #47
AD26

Hello all,
I didn't want to start a new thread but thought I'd put my next adventure up.
I've managed to source 2000 model SVT cams, ECU(unfortunately no keys!!) and 19lb injectors.

I've read on the NECO forum that our valve springs are the same as the SVT's but I'm still undecided as to whether I should play it safe and look to the ST220 springs while the cams are being done or just leave them as it sounds like major work.

Has anyone else completed this mod or read into this?

Thanks
Old 25-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #48
stevie-gee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD26 View Post
Thanks for the links thearrow. I've made sure to bookmark the rockauto parts page. 2.5" mandrel bent 304 stainless steel exhaust <-- is this the one you meant?
Unbelievably low price for stainless! Looks superb too! Wonder what the freight and duties would be?

Steve
stevie-gee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #49
AD26

it was another 380 to import it from the states.. then just labour and the 2 tips at the exhaust shop, think that was 320.. all in all it was still cheaper than the quoted price from an exhaust shop to custom make a stainless mandrel bent exhaust