Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-06-2018, 10:22 AM   #5491
Oldboy67
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day everyone. Just bought my first Ford, she's a 2002 2wd F250 Space Cab with the 4.2 TD six. I can't wait to have a look around to see the world of Fords in Oz. Cheers, Rohan.
Oldboy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #5492
jasmine91
Starter Motor

Hi guys. I have a 2004 Ford Focus Zetec, i’ve noticed a fuel smell through the car more recently. When looking under the bonnet, it seems to me the leak is coming from under the Fuel Injection Wiring Loom, so my question is how do I get the cover off.
Sorry if i’m not meant to post here, I have no clue what the f**k I’m doing on this forum lol.
jasmine91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #5493
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

HI Jasmine and welcome to AFF.

If you go to the AFF's front page there is a section for Small and Mid Sized Cars. In there go to the section for the Focus.
https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Try asking the question in there
Old 02-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #5494
BruceM47
2018 PX Series 2 Wildtrak

Hi all. 2014 Wildtrak with interest in towing performance issues.
BruceM47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2018, 04:22 PM   #5495
Peter Webster
Starter Motor

Hi to everyone
I have just bought a BF XT series II Stationwagon to replace my beloved EL wagon which has suffered a fatal gearbox failure. I have driven Fords most of my days starting with an XL the an XY then an EA as a company car then another EA as my own then the EL and now the BF Wagon
Peter Webster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #5496
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Webster View Post
Hi to everyone
I have just bought a BF XT series II Stationwagon to replace my beloved EL wagon which has suffered a fatal gearbox failure. I have driven Fords most of my days starting with an XL the an XY then an EA as a company car then another EA as my own then the EL and now the BF Wagon
Peter.

Lemme mansplane sumting to you.

You need a handle mate

Here are just a few off the top of me head.

PeeWee
PetWeb
PWBFWagoon
MrPW

Get the idea?

Welcome to the forum.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2018, 05:00 PM   #5497
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM47 View Post
Hi all. 2014 Wildtrak with interest in towing performance issues.
Hi Bruce (is that your real name?)

I would be interested in what you intend to tow with ya truck mate.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #5498
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine91 View Post
Hi guys. I have a 2004 Ford Focus Zetec, i’ve noticed a fuel smell through the car more recently. When looking under the bonnet, it seems to me the leak is coming from under the Fuel Injection Wiring Loom, so my question is how do I get the cover off.
Sorry if i’m not meant to post here, I have no clue what the f**k I’m doing on this forum lol.
'Hi Jasmine

You'll fit right in here...

Welcome aboard
Old 13-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #5499
8wireracing
Starter Motor

How's it from New Zealand fullas, looking to do barra project on a old Ute... have been hearing conflicting reports about rods sizes in the barra and certain later model barra engines being better to use for boost...so here to learn as much as I can as these engines are at local dismantlers in large numbers and very cheap rite now. Petty much looking to read up on the turbo barra engines, transmissions drivetrain, ecu and tuning before diving into a project.
8wireracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #5500
BettyFord
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi my handle is BettyFord get it? And no, I'm not female.
After 250,000+km from my trusty '98 El Ghia, I recently bought from an estate, a 2009 FG Series XR6 with a genuine 115000km on the clock. I immediately had a major service done by reputable motor mechanical workshop who I've dealt with for years.
Two problems have surfaced.
1. Intermittent noisy hydraulic lifters accompanied (understandably) by the engine miss-firing. This usually rectifies itself after a few km.
2. I have heard (though not experienced it as yet), that as a preventative measure, I should fit an external air/oil cooler kit to bypass the heat exchanger. (I'm a purist, do Ford make such a beast?)
The workshop manager said he had added a "lifter/tappet" oil additive, and the issue should resolve itself within time.
He also suggested, rather than get a bypass kit installed, fit a new radiator, as the problem had been resolved by Ford.
Am I being led up the garden path? Any suggestions/threads would be most appreciated. Thank you.
BettyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2018, 09:25 PM   #5501
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyFord View Post
Hi my handle is BettyFord get it? And no, I'm not female.
After 250,000+km from my trusty '98 El Ghia, I recently bought from an estate, a 2009 FG Series XR6 with a genuine 115000km on the clock. I immediately had a major service done by reputable motor mechanical workshop who I've dealt with for years.
Two problems have surfaced.
1. Intermittent noisy hydraulic lifters accompanied (understandably) by the engine miss-firing. This usually rectifies itself after a few km.
2. I have heard (though not experienced it as yet), that as a preventative measure, I should fit an external air/oil cooler kit to bypass the heat exchanger. (I'm a purist, do Ford make such a beast?)
The workshop manager said he had added a "lifter/tappet" oil additive, and the issue should resolve itself within time.
He also suggested, rather than get a bypass kit installed, fit a new radiator, as the problem had been resolved by Ford.
Am I being led up the garden path? Any suggestions/threads would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Welcome to AFF Betty. Check out the FG to FGX section.

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=350
Old 18-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #5502
Izza
Starter Motor

Hi guys .....just wanting to know what people are using out there to put door gaskets on to door frame to stop water entering...and still remains tacky and not messy ...thanks in advance
Izza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #5503
Harit6365
Starter Motor

Hi I’m Harit6365 love my fords and only know the basics. Sometimes I don’t call things what they are so I hope people in the forum are understanding.
I have a 1994 Ford laser 1.6 manual the engine use to cut out then sometimes start up again by dropping down the gears other times had to wait for a while then it would start until now when it cut out and doesn’t want to turn over. The ignition lights come on and can hear fuel pump and turn the key and nothing is there anyone who has had this problem or someone who can help me with this problem?

Last edited by Harit6365; 18-06-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Harit6365 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #5504
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harit6365 View Post
Hi I’m Harit6365 love my fords and only know the basics. Sometimes I don’t call things what they are so I hope people in the forum are understanding.
I have a 1994 Ford laser 1.6 manual the engine use to cut out then sometimes start up again by dropping down the gears other times had to wait for a while then it would start until now when it cut out and doesn’t want to turn over. The ignition lights come on and can hear fuel pump and turn the key and nothing is there anyone who has had this problem or someone who can help me with this problem?
Welcome to AFF Harit, try asking in the Laser and Telstar section.
https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=79
Old 18-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #5505
BruceM47
2018 PX Series 2 Wildtrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Hi Bruce (is that your real name?)

I would be interested in what you intend to tow with ya truck mate.

Welcome to the forum.
Yup, I really am Bruce.

The van is a Jayco Outback 24.75. Tare of the van is 2730kg and I expect ATM at around 3100kg, after towball nets down to GTM of about 2860. The Ranger, including the weight on the ball, will be at around 3020 GVM. GCM will be around 5880. All a little tight but still legal.

I've got a heavy duty HR WDH to level things up and have put Boss airbags in to trim the final level. Experience without the airbags is that the headlights point just a bit high with the van on. Note that fitting the Boss airbags is nowhere near as simple as their on line videos suggest.

I've just fitted a Scangauge2, having panicked that I may have been over stressing the auto. I've never been in limp mode but I've had some drain back issues... Just getting a drain/flush next week in preparation for the big circuit.

I've previously cruised around with this van or it's predecessor behind and haven't had many issues, other than an unexplained engine fault indication and the drain back issue, but now planning the big circuit - estimated 18,000km without side trips - so I'd really like to be pretty confident that all is in good order before heading off.
BruceM47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #5506
watersnake
Starter Motor

Howdy all
watersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #5507
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by watersnake View Post
Howdy all
A man of few words.

I like you already.
Old 19-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #5508
watersnake
Starter Motor

I don't think we are here to love or admire each other
Old 22-06-2018, 06:27 AM   #5509
westie-kiwi
Starter Motor

G'day, new here, just got me a 1995 Fairmont Ghia V8, only 200k clicks on the clock and runs like a Swiss watch with nothing to do but drive it. now my daily driver.
westie-kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2018, 03:35 PM   #5510
twangster
herding cats as usual...

Hello all, just joined. I have a '99 Cougar auto in ebony black. Had it for about 3 years and it's my first ever ford.
twangster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #5511
watersnake
Starter Motor

Ya got any pics
Old 23-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #5512
twangster
herding cats as usual...

Quote:
Ya got any pics

If it's me you're asking, yes but not available online anywhere.
However, methinks you probably mean westie-kiwi.
Old 24-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #5513
Fabiofranz
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hola que tal, mi nombre es Fabio y les escribo desde URUGUAY, muchas gracias por aceptarme en Ford Forums. Hace poco tiempo tuve el placer de comprar una Ford Falcon EB S/Wagon 92, tengo entendido única en este continente, motivo por el cual me registré en este sitio. Pronto subiré fotos de la máquina, hasta pronto y a vuestras órdenes.
Fabiofranz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #5514
westie-kiwi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Ya got any pics
Not good at posting picks, I'll give it a go soon
westie-kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2018, 05:39 PM   #5515
twangster
herding cats as usual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiofranz View Post
Hola que tal, mi nombre es Fabio y les escribo desde URUGUAY, muchas gracias por aceptarme en Ford Forums. Hace poco tiempo tuve el placer de comprar una Ford Falcon EB S/Wagon 92, tengo entendido única en este continente, motivo por el cual me registré en este sitio. Pronto subiré fotos de la máquina, hasta pronto y a vuestras órdenes.

Hope it's okay to post a google translation for Fabiofranz.
He says something like;

Hello, my name is Fabio and I am writing from URUGUAY, thank you very much for accepting me at Ford Forums. Recently I had the pleasure of buying a Ford Falcon EB S / Wagon 92, I have understood unique in this continent, which is why I registered on this site. Soon I will upload photos of the machine, see you soon and at your orders.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #5516
Andre+FPV
Starter Motor

Gday all, my names Andre, my first posting. I have used this site for the workshop section previously as required some torque settings etc, very, very useful. Presently my Fords I own is an all factory original BA F6 Typhoon Rapid Yellow #17 (we all know whose racing # that has been past & present drivers) this vehicle has barely travelled 80k. My daily driver is a 400HP BF MKII XR8 Ute (Octane). Thanks for reading, Cheers for listening.
Andre+FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #5517
watersnake
Starter Motor

Welcome Andre from Australia
Old 01-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #5518
Andre+FPV
Starter Motor

I'm a Queenslander, been living in NZ for 15yrs, work at a Harley-Davidson Dealership.
Andre+FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2018, 12:09 AM   #5519
maxwellmillo
ford enthusist

Hi everyone, been using the forum a bit lately to get up to speed. I bought an AU II in March from a 90 year old pennsioner. It was all original, so needed a lot of work. I've done harmonic balancer, belt and pulleys, water pump, Watts link bushes, exhaust rubber mounts, rear sway bar link bushes, front brake pads, globes, and...I found this forum to be helpful to point out the issues with the AU. I found rust in the windshield uprights which I treated with rust kill and painted them . There was some surface rust behind the tail lights and rear bumper. The big job was to remove the black cover and the windscreen wiper motor to get the rotting leaves out and clean up the slight rust. That was all of Easter Monday. Also serviced the engine fully and serviced the automatic. It drives great. Today I swapped over the drivers seat cushion for the passenger one. Now it feels like a new car. Loving my AU but it took a bit to get it right and up to date.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #5520
lilygoodluck1978
Banned

Default 3M PPS producer from China look for sales agent

China producer PPS paint spraying cups suit for 3M adapter and SATA spraying gun

Hellow everyboday. This is Lily from Huaian Hohear Tech Co.,Ltd. A company from China specialize in producing PPS disposable paint spraying cups. It's suit for 3M pps spraying adapter and SATA spraying gun. 600 / 650CC , 800CC with the filter 125mic /190mic are the best seller type.

We are looking for the sales agent around the world.

Mobile phone:+8618252343587
Telephone:+86 0517-83700806
E-mail:lilygoodluck1978@gmail.com
sales@hohear.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000000000000.jpg (85.2 KB, 4 views)
lilygoodluck1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post