Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 31-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Default Does Your Local Dealer Know Where The OAT Sensor Is?

Mine didn't!

I spent 3.5 hours in my local dealers waiting room on Friday morning while they tried to locate it! It was faulty & stuck reading 60 deg constantly so I booked it in & was prepaired to wait for it as the service dept didn't expect it to be a long job. Wouldn't have been if the sensor was where the workshop manual said it was supposed to be. They even checked a vehicle on the showroom floor to confirm that it wasn't where the manual said it was.

Turned out it was on the left hand side behind the grill in a compartment. Looks like this is obviously not a regular problem & I was just lucky to have mine go faulty between the test drive & picking it up two days later (demo vehicle).

Hopefully I don't have any further issues as I did have with my previous AU Fairmont.

But if you do have a problem with yours then the guys at Torque Ford Brendale now know where the little bugger is.

Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Does Your Local Dealer Know Where The OAT Sensor Is?

I hope the coffee was good!

Now don't ask how I know this, but the sensor was moved sometime during the MA production period. This was because it was originally subject to heat soak from the engine when the car was stopped and gave readings that were too high. There was a TSB and if you complained, they would reposition it.

So it would appear that your dealer didn't have up to date service information.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

He He. Coffee was pretty good actually. They have one of those new coffee makers that take a disk & makes a pretty good brew.

I think maybe not too many dealers are up to date re this as I was told that they had rung around to a number of other Service depts before stumbling on it's location. It was under the last panel they were going to try before sending me away & start emailing the factory.
Pleased they found it as I didn't want to come back again.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the Ford dealers do much better with the Mondeo in NZ simply because they sell in reasonable numbers here. Both problems that I had with my MA (aircon gas leak and broken tailgate latch) were fixed quickly.