Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Default Another To The Dark Side

G'day All,

Have been lurking reading a number of threads this week whilst waiting a chance to post.

Picked up my Ink Blue Zetec Hatch MC TDCi (demo unit) last Monday & gotta say in the short time I've had it I'm stoked!

This thing drives like it's on rails compared to the 1999 AU Fairmont Wagon I traded on it. Also the finish is far superior & switches feel like they are quite sturdy & hopefully won't give me the constant problems my AU gave me. The window & reading switches on that vehicle were absolute crap & if not used regularly would cease to function. Also so far I'm not missing moving from the six. Will get a better idea this weekend as I plan to do my fav circuit up through Maleny via the Bruce Hwy & back down to Brissy through Mt Mee. Some nice tight curves with steep grades plus a bit of 110kph highway cruising to see how she goes.

I'm finding out new things with the Mondy almost daily as the manual is such a hefty read. Can't believe there is so much in these vehicles for the price.

Hopefully looking forward to many years of happy motoring. Although I am taking it back to the dealers this Friday as the OAT read out appears to be stuck on 60 deg. I know this car is hot but that is rediculous! LOL

Cheers,

Ross

Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Another To The Dark Side

there's tuning options for the TDCi if you want to beef it up a bit...

i think you'll be pretty happy. mondeo is the best kept motoring secret in australia. people (read falcadore owners) keep running them down, but if they actually every drove one they'd change their mind pretty quick... ;)

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes, they're a good car and great value. And you will save so much money on fuel costs.
Old 27-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Thanks for the replies guys.

Mondo, sounds interesting re the tuning options. Not sure if I'd do any changes to stock as yet but am interested in finding out what's possible.

Also just a question as to what you guys use to clean the dash with? I used to use Kitten/Armor All(??) on the AU however the finish on the Mondy doesn't look like it would look too good with the shine these products produce.
Old 27-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone should start a thread on diesel tuning options...
Old 27-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Armor All leaves a shiny film (slightly greasy) and will reflect badly in the windscreen.
Damp cloth only.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros5co

Also just a question as to what you guys use to clean the dash with?
I don't.... got a dash mat 3 yrs ago looks perfect

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Have decided I will definitely not be using Armor All type productd on this dash. Will stick to damp cloth I guess.