Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
borntoshop666

Default extended dealer warranty

Hi all,
my MB Titanium Wagon is getting close to 100000k's [in 13 mths] and I'm tossing up whether to get the extended warranty that Ford offers. its around $1400 for 100000km. Does anyone have had any experience with it? Is it worth it, are their cheaper options or should I just hope for the best and leave it. I will have teh car for another 2 years, and so far only the Sunroof switch had to be raplaced under warranty.
cheers

Old 14-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: extended dealer warranty

Had the same problem decided to skip the extra cost and fund my own repairs if and when it happens

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a different warranty from when you purchased your car new. It's all called "MyFord" now. Under the same banner as the capped price servicing. And is actually backed by Ford, not just an insurance company.

Have a look into it, ring up your local Ford Dealers business manager and ask some questions.
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
qdda5

Wow that would take me 10 years to reach those sort of klms.
So on average the $1400 you would spent would only cover for 12 months anyway. Not sure what the reliability is for those cars with that sort of Ks but for peace of mind it would be a better option imo to get the warranty as long as it covers everything that a new car warranty does.
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
kenif
Starter Motor

I bought a MA tdci last year(still under new car warranty) and at the time of purchase got the 'Bluecare' New vehicle extended warranty ,thats 3 years or 100000km.Earlier this year i had a problem where the car woudnt start,(no Ford Dealer in town)so I rang the assist hot line and they did everything in their power to no NOT help me,they put me on hold for 30 minutes,told me to ring another 1800 number ,they put me on hold and then told me to ring another 1800 number this went on for a couple of hours so I rang the car dealer I bought the car from and finally got the car picked up and taken to a Ford dealer for repairs.When I picked the car up the dealer wanted to charge me $600 dollars for the repairs,then I had to explain to them the whole story again,dont these people communicate?,finaly got it sorted,but what a absolute stuff around.
kenif is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoshop666
Hi all,
my MB Titanium Wagon is getting close to 100000k's [in 13 mths] and I'm tossing up whether to get the extended warranty that Ford offers. its around $1400 for 100000km. Does anyone have had any experience with it? Is it worth it, are their cheaper options or should I just hope for the best and leave it. I will have teh car for another 2 years, and so far only the Sunroof switch had to be raplaced under warranty.
cheers
Wow, you must spend half your life in the car!

Just make sure it's a Ford warranty and check exactly what it covers. My dealer tried to sell me a 3rd party product as I was too late to extend the factory warranty..

Also be aware that the dealer will make about 100% profit on any non-Ford warranty.
Old 16-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #7
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMHO it is an insurance policy, and like all insurance it is akin to betting.
You bet the car will break down, they bet it wont.

If it is actually provided by Ford that is a good thing.
With my BF I got one Branded as Ford, but provided by IAG.
The Ford service Centre has to call IAG rep onsite to approve any repairs.

So I would ask if the dealer is responsible entirely for the decision to repair, or is FOrd Au called, or some other party (in my case IAG)
The best answer is the Middle one - perhaps: "we need to get it cleared over the phone or email with Ford AU - it usually take 15 mins"
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
Zippy7

If you are interested in the Ford warranty, then Groomy at Sinclair Ford at Kingswood (Penrith) can sort you out a deal.

I got a couple of quotes, and he gave me a better price.