Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
XD9000
Starter Motor

Default New Phone and some in dash display missing

Hi All

IHA 2010 MB mondeo
I had an older windows 6 mobile type phone.
Bluetooth connected and it would all work fine ( most of the time )
You could call up the contact list and scoll through all the contacts fine.
Also missed calls and last calls all there OK.

I just bought a new Android Samsung S2
Bluetooth paired it all OK.
All I now get is the top 2 lines something and Redial.

I don't get the phone book / missed calls / last calls.

I deleted my old phone connection etc and no good.

Any one have any ideas on how to get all the data.

Not sure if it is the phone or the car.

Thanks

Mike

XD9000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
wusyc

Default Re: New Phone and some in dash display missing

I have Galaxy S. I had the same problem once.

There is somewhere in the pairing step, the phone will ask you if you authorise the bluetooth device. I don't remember exactly but that step can easily be missed.

Remove the bonded device from your car. Remove the paired device from the phone. Try again and see if you can get to where the phone ask you for authorisation.
Old 17-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Turn the phone on first then the car mine will not work in reverse and if you want to see the contacts on the display on the Samsung copy all of your contacts to the phone memory as it does not see the SD card

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
wusyc

Not sure if you still have the problem. I can share a bit more after upgrading my Galaxy S to Gingerbread 2.3.3 recently. I had to do a factory reset. I "debonded" my phone in my car so that it is a fresh start.

Steps taken:
- Turn power on in car
- Get the phone to scan for bluetooth
- Car gives the PIN
- Enter PIN into the phone
- Car and phone are now paired

>> At this stage, I do not see contacts in car.

Further steps:
- Turn power off in car and ensure that bluetooth has been disconnected on phone
- Turn power on in car again
- Car should connect to phone
- At some point, the phone pops up with a notification. Checking the notification, it is actually asking for permission to access phone book. It also has an option to "Always allow".
- Say Yes and checked "Always Allow" option
- Wait a short moment, the car now has phone book entries

This seems to be more specific to Android Gingerbread as it is a bit different in Android Froyo.
Old 18-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My iPhone will show who's calling on the car display but I can't access the directory on the phone when I want to make a call. Not really a problem as I don't usually make calls when I'm driving but am unsure why it doesn't work.

I'd also like to know how I can play music from my iPhone over Bluetooth so that I don't need to plug it in when I get in the car.
Old 19-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6

I'd also like to know how I can play music from my iPhone over Bluetooth so that I don't need to plug it in when I get in the car.
The head unit has to be A2DP enabled for it to work from what I learnt about it
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
The head unit has to be A2DP enabled for it to work from what I learnt about it
The iPhone in iPod mode recognises the Ford audio as a Bluetooth device and defaults to this option to play music, so every time I want to listen to music I not only have to plug the iPhone in (how last decade) but then have to change the audio output option on the iPhone. Also, my ringtone (a music file) plays in stereo and sounds great. But I can't find any way to get the car stereo to play the iPod music stream.

Just seems that the car manufacturers are a step or three behind the technology. I can use the iPhone's speech recognition to make calls but this won't work in the car, which is where you really want it!!!

I might look into aftermarket options for the headunit, but suspect that this could prove to be a long, slippery slope.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #8
kckepz
~ Loves his Mondeo ~

I think I can share a bit more light being an Android freak.

Not much in it really and it doesn't matter what version of Android you're using... well, at least have 2.1.

All you need to do is pair the phone to the car. Then wait and the phone should prompt you again to always allow Car Audio to access phone or to allow car and phone to access without authentication, so you're pretty much giving the car free access to your phone. (Like the other bloke above said, it can easily be missed with the prompt on the your phones taskbar at the top)

If it doesn't prompt you, then on the phone, goto;

Menu > Settings > Wireless and Network > Bluetooth Settings > find your Ford Audio device.
Long tap on the device and it should bring up a menu list and on that list you should have 'Options...'. Tap on that and you should have additional tick boxes to allow 'Ford Audio' to use your phone as a 'Phone' or 'Media' audio device.

Failing all that, debond and start again. I guarantee that it works and the same for an iPhone.

@NZXR6... this will allow you to also shuffle through your list of songs on your iPhone or iPod. Just remember, your iPod cable will not work with your iPhone. It is only 4 iPods and that's still the best way to connect your iPod via cable and control from the steering controls.

Last edited by kckepz; 05-10-2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: more info
kckepz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post