Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
carr
Starter Motor

Default Bluetooth

I apologise if this is has already been covered. I found a thread before I joined but now cant locate it.

I have a 2010 Mondeo turbo diesel which I love.

HOWEVER . Since I had the towball pack installed at a cost of $1199 ( a new computer module was required !!!!!!!! )

my power accessory points ( cigarette lighters as they used to be called ) refuse to work.
The trailer lights dont work correctly even though with my previous two fords worked fine withthe same trailer and now , coincidently , my blue tooth doesnt work via the car sound system. I thought it was the telstra branded phone that had given up the ghost so I bought a new samsung. . That worked once. Now even tho it finds the ford and "connects, IT DOESNT . Re discovering tells me it is already connected..
Frustrated doesnt even begin to describe how I feel.

Are the preceding related or is random chance testing me ?

I am booking my car in early for a service and a fix but I'd like to be prewarned if possible
J

carr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bluetooth

I think they might all be related... Take it back to whoever fitted the towbar and insist that they fix it. I can't see why it needed a new computer module - sounds like they broke something when fitting the wiring. Was it a Ford dealer?
Old 14-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
carr
Starter Motor

it was fitted by a Ford dealer. They quote a new module before the job was done. I delayed for a month or so then was quoted the same again .
J
carr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

I hope the Ford Dealer that fitted the towbar fixes your car up for you asap!

Can I ask a dumb question ... why do you need a new computer for the towbar? Is it something to do with electric breaking? What sort of computer is it?

Just so I understand a bit more for when I get a quote for the towbar to be fitted.
Old 14-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

It needs a module because of the reverse sensors or something.

Sounds like they've done something wrong, I got the module and the towbar fitted, and have zero issues with it. Mine was dealer fitted as well.

Contact Ford Customer Service before you take it to the dealer, so Ford knows the issue is there. Otherwise, you'll be taking it to the dealer, and having to bring it back again. Get Ford involved early, and get the reference number to quote to the dealer.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I understand it, if you parallel the trailer lights on the wrong side of the car module that protects the lights and also monitors the current through the lamps it can destroy it.It has to be connected on the line side of the module not the load side!!
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
Fishman

With the Radio, Have you tried resetting it?

I found the procedure on a UK forum previously. The radio would see the USB and the files but wouldn't play them. I think you have the car on accessories, then hold down the on/off button for a 5 seconds or so. After then turning the car off and on again the radio was working again properly.

Good luck.

Dan
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....91#post3971591
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post