Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 5.4 l/100km (53 mpg) from a MB TDCi

Well, I managed to crack 50 mpg today driving from Hamilton back to Auckland. Traffic was heavy at first and I couldn't get above 80 km/h. But most of the journey was done at 100 although I did use some economy driving techniques on the hilly parts - slowed down slightly uphill, then up to 110 going downhill.

The boot was full of tools and parts, say at least 100 kg. I am impressed to say the least and wonder how much better a MC would be.

Old 21-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

Default Re: 5.4 l/100km (53 mpg) from a MB TDCi

My new MC wagon has almost 400km on the clock. My avg fuel consumption is 6.4 l/100km. I have been in sports mode since I bought the car (to have a higher rev band) and the driving has been suburban the whole time, no freeways to speak of.

I'm pretty darn impressed so far with the economy.
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Mackspower

Quote:
Traffic was heavy at first and I couldn't get above 80 km/h . . .
I just had to laugh NZ XR6. Come live in Sydney for a week, doing 15kph in heavy trafic is amazing. lol

Without wishing to hi-jack the thread . . . those are both seriously impressive ecomony figures. I'm driving a 2007 XT falcon at the moment and 12.6l/100km for the same sized vechicle (with similar torque). The Mondeo is impressive.
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackspower
I just had to laugh NZ XR6. Come live in Sydney for a week, doing 15kph in heavy trafic is amazing. lol

Without wishing to hi-jack the thread . . . those are both seriously impressive ecomony figures. I'm driving a 2007 XT falcon at the moment and 12.6l/100km for the same sized vechicle (with similar torque). The Mondeo is impressive.
Hamilton to Auckland is mostly 4 lane but north of Hamilton is 2-lane highway that can't cope with the traffic volumes.

Some roads in Auckland are just as bad as Sydney.