Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2018, 12:19 AM   #91
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

Absolute gold
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #92
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

After attending the local Shannons motor show this arvo, i thought ide go for a cruise in my Vct with my eldest son.

Not 5 minutes went by & a driver in a nice looking WH v8 Statesman started some silly noisy shenanigans beside me lol.

Long story short, his car was all noise & cobweb smoke lol while my Falcon easily stayed with him in the confines of the speed limit. I swear my car is a bogan magnet sometimes lol!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #93
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
After attending the local Shannons motor show this arvo, i thought ide go for a cruise in my Vct with my eldest son.

Not 5 minutes went by & a driver in a nice looking WH v8 Statesman started some silly noisy shenanigans beside me lol.

Long story short, his car was all noise & cobweb smoke lol while my Falcon easily stayed with him in the confines of the speed limit. I swear my car is a bogan magnet sometimes lol!!

cheers, Maka
is it fair to say bogans attract bogans..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #94
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
is it fair to say bogans attract bogans..
Yep & we rock burnzy lol!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
2 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2018, 10:55 AM   #95
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Lol, taking my kids to school this morning & at a major intersection waiting to turn left, a VY SS ute driver spots my XR6 (looked straight at me) turning right coming in my direction couldnt help himself & plays some musical notes with his back tyres..His poor dog got flung about a bit, dont know if the dog had buckled up lol!!!

Where i live there's plenty of passionate & sometimes overzealous Commodore drivers about thats for sure!!

cheers, Maka

Old 10-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #96
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmm .. thinking back .. there was often a similar effect when the Commodore or Falcon I passed - they realised it was an old valiant besting them ... to their surprise it was a quite pokey 360 Chrysler by Chrysler ... so often I had to make more use of the accelerator.

(My ways are reformed now)
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #97
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Nothing wrong with the old Val's mate, i owned a few & loved them heaps lol! Argubly the best old burnout machines of the 70's & 80's imo.

cheers, Maka

Old 10-05-2018, 04:44 PM   #98
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ED Sprint is not a particularly fast car by today's standards. 7 seconds to 100 iirc... So, many things can dust it off the mark.

What I find weird is the behaviour of middle aged SUV drivers when they see it. If they see it in moving traffic, suddenly the switch is flicked into Colin McRae Rally or something like that, and they hammer the big busses to try and get past.

Has anyone got Turbo Territory stories? I imagine with AWD they would humble a few cars...

And, has anyone been destroyed by an electric car on takeoff? The future is scalextric...

Edit: the old hemi 245 single barell used to smoke the girlfriends 253 wb ute
Old 10-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #99
macxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Ok I got to witness something yesterday morning that put a smile on my face.

I was driving near an FG XR6 Falcon in Kirrawee who was launching off each set of lights racing traffic, trying to keep ahead of everyone else. He took off beside me quick and I didn't bite, I could have embarassed him but was tired after a nightshift I had just finished and wanted to get home in one piece and fine free.
Anyway, we approach the set of lights on Acacia Road (if anyone knows it) where the far left lane ends a few hundred metres after the lights. Mr XR6 pulls in the the empty left lane, beside a.... Stinger.

Of course he goes for it when the lights turn green. But the stinger is toying with him and just stays beside him before easily pulling in front before the XR6 lane ends.

Made me chuckle. I noticed the XR6 had Rabbitohs seat covers which probably tells you everything you need to know!
I had similar a few weeks back, Stinger took me on where his lane ended...I toyed with him till almost the last moment then booted it and left him well behind
AUII XR6, BF Built Turbo engine, SOON TO BE FG ENGINE... FG head and inlet manifold. GTX3582R, KPM 1500cc injectors, Process west rail and internal pump surge, Tuned by CMS, 370rwkw. 6 speed manual, NPC twin plate clutch, mal wood under dash hydraulic clutch. 4 pot brembos and territory rears
macxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #100
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

My old 245 (mildly worked VG Pacer) used to smoke more than just 253's Sprintey lol it went very well for a n/a i6. Even back then the fast Ford,Torana,Monaro/
Kingswood owners would get all excited seeing them out on the road & be boganish especially on the weekends.

I reckon my AU is the modern incarnation of my old Pacer & 265 4 speed Vh Charger, i love it heaps!

Oh yeah, the few suv's that ive seen getting a workout were driven by females, go figure lol!

cheers, Maka

Old 10-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #101
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macxr8 View Post
I had similar a few weeks back, Stinger took me on where his lane ended...I toyed with him till almost the last moment then booted it and left him well behind
yeah but he didn't have souths seat covers did he, that's the main thing..
2 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #102
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
yeah but he didn't have souths seat covers did he, that's the main thing..
Thats because the Stinger driver was actually a Sea Eagles supporter, they cant take a trick lately..lol!!

cheers, Maka

Old 10-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #103
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
My old 245 (mildly worked VG Pacer) used to smoke more than just 253's Sprintey lol it went very well for a n/a i6. Even back then the fast Ford,Torana,Monaro/
Kingswood owners would get all excited seeing them out on the road & be boganish especially on the weekends.

I reckon my AU is the modern incarnation of my old Pacer & 265 4 speed Vh Charger, i love it heaps!

Oh yeah, the few suv's that ive seen getting a workout were driven by females, go figure lol!

cheers, Maka
Yep those old hemis had honk. To add insult to injury the old Val was a 3 on the tree...
Old 10-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #104
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Yep those old hemis had honk. To add insult to injury the old Val was a 3 on the tree...
Yep the stock ones did, mine had three on the floor for a while .. lol!

cheers, Maka

Old 10-05-2018, 07:04 PM   #105
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Had my first encounter yesterday... waiting to turn right at the lights with an SV6 ute on the inside lane.

To my surprise, he decides to boot it off the line to get in front of me as the lanes merge quickly after we turn but the GT is right next to him all the way without even trying, before I get off the gas and let him take the lead.

Good on him for taking on a car with nearly double the power

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #106
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8 View Post
Had my first encounter yesterday... waiting to turn right at the lights with an SV6 ute on the inside lane.

To my surprise, he decides to boot it off the line to get in front of me as the lanes merge quickly after we turn but the GT is right next to him all the way without even trying, before I get off the gas and let him take the lead.

Good on him for taking on a car with nearly double the power
I hope he now doesn't tell his mate's he beat a proper GT after you took pity on him, next time i reckon no feeling sorry for them, let them see & hear your pipes!!

cheers, Maka

Old 10-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #107
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The biggest laugh I've ever got. Was when I sitting at a set of lights, in my F6. And this young P plater comes up besides me in a ricer. Revving the motor, flames out of the big exhaust and eager for a race.
I'd thought about giving this guy run for the money. Then decided not to as the lights went green. The Ricer took off, like a jack rabbit. Going for his life. Only to be caught down the road by an unmarked cop car with a radar gun.

Some times you just get lucky.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #108
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There’s an XR6T getting around my local area with the plates EAT62L which may be true. But if that’s not posing off, I don’t know what is! Haha
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #109
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
There’s an XR6T getting around my local area with the plates EAT62L which may be true. But if that’s not posing off, I don’t know what is! Haha
I love it. That is funny.

Somebody one time came over with a marker and wrote "Rat Killer" on one of my rocker covers.

I don't know how many folks here know what a Rat Motor is, but it is a term for the BB Chev dating back to the '60s. My little 423W had a wicked win streak against 600cid Gene Fulton Rat Motors.

I hope this is readable.

Last edited by solarite_guy; 31-08-2018 at 03:33 PM.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #110
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The thing that grates me with the Ford/ Holden thing is the ones that choose to put the pi$$ on a ford/Holden sticker on the back window

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #111
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been going on forever.

HO HO HO Toranas don't go! VS HooRoo Superoo!
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #112
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post
The thing that grates me with the Ford/ Holden thing is the ones that choose to put the pi$$ on a ford/Holden sticker on the back window

It would be funny if Toyota, Hyundi, Mazda & Kia etc owners start doing the same to each other in the near future, only in Australia lol!

cheers, Maka

2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2018, 02:05 PM   #113
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Forget the Commodores posing off as against Falcons.

Last night at 9.15 pm, riding a Cervello R3 road bike for a 50 km ride (first in 8 months) and lit up like a Christmas tree cause I was almost squashed like a bug a year ago (2 rear red lights- and 1 red light on rear of helmet)...

was riding through an area called Toronto- pronounced Tronno- main drag ie 3 lanes 1 way, 3 lanes the other-about half a block from Police Station- and this guy on a some Frankenstein bicycle - no lights at all- dressed all in black with a crim balaclava sees me- and promptly pops a wheelie onto rear wheel and rides jacked up swerving over 2 lanes towards me on 1 wheel.

And goes past me still on 1 wheel like a shadow in the night showing me how it is done- the only light is what appeared a toothy gappy grin or grimace- not sure- Ahh Tronna for you.....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #114
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

^^^Plenty of young show off bogans down the hwy from me in Newcastle & yes they still ride / thrash pushy's too, old mate last night is serving his apprenticeship before stepping up to a clapped out V6 VS Commodore imo!!

cheers, Maka

Old 11-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #115
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
I love it. That is funny.

Somebody one time came over with a marker and wrote "Rat Killer" on one of my rocker covers.

I don't know how many folks here know what a Rat Motor is, but it is a term for the BB Chev dating back to the '60s. My little 423W had a wicked win streak against 600cid Gene Fulton Rat Motors.

I hope this is readable.

i'll stick with the mouse motors,,
from 253 to 511. a mouse rev's harder than a rat..
Old 11-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #116
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tailgaters seem to be the problem…It typically goes like this….

I'm out in the GT , turn into a main road, a bogan a fair distance behind spots me and then feels the need to put the foot to the floor to catch up to me then sits on my *** for a few kms. The worst of those was 5-6 years ago – chap in a lime green BA/BF XR6 "turbo" (had turbo badges but could have been NA) with BF GT body kit on Heathcote Rd, Lucas Heights NSW . Was so close I pulled over to let him pass. Never really had a problem with Commodore drivers – mostly non performance Fords with loud exhausts are the culprits
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:46 PM   #117
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

It happens alot, but now being over 50, I just dont bite or care. That being said a few times I have smoked a few SS and HSV commodores in my Territory. Soon wipes the smile off their face.

But in general, its just the way it is. Hyped up drivers with some issue.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2018, 06:49 PM   #118
Crazy2287

Gotta admit, whenever i'm out in the fast bird, i'm looking for a race. Don't matter what your driving, if you're keen, i'm in. Raced an orange Suburu with "Goku01" number plates just cuz. And it was a lotta fun. Even the mrs who's usually the the more sensible one, super into dragon ball, Saw the plates and was keen as mustard. (Goku won, BTW)
Guess i'm not past "that age" yet.

Don't get me wrong, I still keep it sensible if there's traffic or any other dangers with location/environment. But coming out of a 2 lane roundabout into a 100 zone? yeah, you're on.

I wish they would bloody wake up and build some more tracks (drag and tarmac) in NSW.
Crazy2287 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #119
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
i'll stick with the mouse motors,,
from 253 to 511. a mouse rev's harder than a rat..
Except for a few exceptions, most power plants can be made to go fast.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2018, 12:32 AM   #120
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are plenty of dickheads in both camps from my experience.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post: