Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #61
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Yep, i hear the same around my way but v8's do it as much as the v6's night or day.

In fact, unfortunately & tragically, a *v8 Commodore ute driver very recently lost their life late at night near me, rumour has it/allegedly he was hooning, if he did the alleged hooning at a designated racetrack, he'd still be alive & car not totalled.

*I have it on good authority he was upset because of a domestic fight/bustup & was using the car to vent..A young family left to pick up the pieces..

Another topic for another thread i guess..So back on the topic of this thread now please.

cheers, Maka
Very sad. Thing is it was not the hooning, but a person who was of unsound mind due to the domestic/bustup and used the car as a self harming weapon, either intentionally, unintended or recklessly.

Many years ago I was a student in Tasmania, and there was a horrendous accident involving a commodore or Falcon v8, again a young man who had a domestic dispute/bustup- left his wife and 2 young kids and ended up wiping out at very high speed- T boning the car on a pole in a built up area at 1.30 am- sliced the car in 2, he was in the front half still in his seat- but dead-massive speed involved.

The wreckage looked like something involving an F1 crash.

Just wish that all people who have such emotional turmoil just do not get in the car at that time but just go for a long walk instead....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #62
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Very sad. Thing is it was not the hooning, but a person who was of unsound mind due to the domestic/bustup and used the car as a self harming weapon.

Many years ago I was a student in Tasmania, and there was a horrendous accident involving a commodore or Falcon v8, again a young man who had a domestic dispute/bustup- left his wife and 2 young kids and ended up wiping out at very high speed- T boning the car on a pole in a built up area at 1.30 am- sliced the car in 2, he was in the front half still in his seat- but dead-massive speed involved.

The wreckage looked like something involving an F1 crash.

Just wish that all people who have such emotional turmoil just do not get in the car at that time but just go for a long walk instead....
Yes i agree & thank you for your empathy & understanding on this issue asagaai.

More than a few people around the community can probably be accused of doing a bit of it (dosent matter what gender either), which is absolutely not on at any level on the street as we know.

Life is too precious to waste driving/behaving etc in that type of manner, i wish those people just realise whats to lose if the unthinkable actually happens.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #63
macxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I'm just surprised people race AU's
I love racing in my AU....its a bit of a sleeper lol and surprises a number of people
AUII XR6, BF Built Turbo engine, SOON TO BE FG ENGINE... FG head and inlet manifold. GTX3582R, KPM 1500cc injectors, Process west rail and internal pump surge, Tuned by CMS, 370rwkw. 6 speed manual, NPC twin plate clutch, mal wood under dash hydraulic clutch. 4 pot brembos and territory rears
macxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #64
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macxr8 View Post
I love racing in my AU....its a bit of a sleeper lol and surprises a number of people
, one day macxr8 i would love to follow in your footsteps & do the same engine conversion in my or another AU XR6, i could throw a t4 etc in but nah i want the zf too, oh yeah!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 17-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #65
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I actually get it all the time when I am out in the F6, which isn't often.

99% of the time I dont bother , but on the odd occasion and if the place and time are right, I hold them in a drag to the speed limit , usually about 80kph, then squeeze the throttle and leave a nice set of number 11s for 50m or so. The look on their face when they catch up is priceless.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #66
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most of the time when im out and about im in my EA fairmont nobody takes me on. They must be scared im going to unleash the 3.9 cfi on them
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #67
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
You will find out when you purchase yours lol, just wondering if you are going to put a Turbo Barra in it sooner or later when you get it?

I hear its a popular engine conversion hey!

cheers, Maka
Nah it'll stay a V8, if I ever find one . Certainly no powerhouse but it will keep me happy, im done with high power, happy to just cruise around.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #68
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Nah it'll stay a V8, if I ever find one . Certainly no powerhouse but it will keep me happy, im done with high power, happy to just cruise around.
Np mate all good, as we know cruising is better for your wallet in a number of ways lol.

Good luck on your purchase of a late model AU XR8, hope you get the right one you've been chasin very soon!!

cheers, Maka

This user likes this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #69
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Talking Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

I rarely get directly challenged at the lights in the G6ET. But it's always funny to see a Commodore of any model spotting me from an intersection or side street. I always look in the mirror to see them doing absolutely anything to catch up in traffic and then just sit alongside at the same speed. I would get this at least 3 or 4 times a week. Only very rarely will I bite and thats with zero traffic around and only up to the speed limit. But definitely the most aggression comes from tradie utes, soccer SUVs and young ladies in hatchbacks...pretty much everyone hates me sitting on 60 in a 60 zone!

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #70
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

It seems some/more than a few fast Commodore owners have good knowledge of fast Falcons, mmm i wonder why's that!!

cheers, Maka

Old 17-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #71
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Watch out for this guy..

Uncle (the Hoon) Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #72
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Looks , he is running cheese cutters. NO serious power there....

My wifes vape makes more smoke than that. GHAY....

Xtreme Ford Tuning

7 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #73
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like he's in an out of the way area in not fussed its when it happens in a street out side someones house that sucks nothing worse than seeing a nice house with number 11's out front makes the place look tacky imho.

Last edited by Sar4890; 17-04-2018 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #74
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I think that image is photoshop.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

7 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 04:44 PM   #75
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
Watch out for this guy..

Uncle (the Hoon) Ken
You naughty boy UK

cheers, Maka

Old 17-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #76
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz137 View Post
Funnily enough here in Geelong the Commodore drivers are well behaved especially the ones driving late performance models. I never got any attention from anyone when i used to drive my FGX XR8, its as if everyone was scared of it. It was a totally different story in my FG XR6T and FGX G6ET. Everyone tried racing me at the lights especially the Euro and Jap boys but believe it or not the worst were the young guys in clapped out BA XR6 turbo's. The crap they used to do was so stupid and dangerous.
Same same.

But about a month ago cruising home on the hwy there was a black lowered hsv monaro gto about 500m in front. He booted it when he noticed me and I thought no traffic - why not, so I chased him down and made up that 500m in no time. Then he turned off.

No fun when they are that easy to catch.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 08:00 PM   #77
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I do get a new grey 5.0L Mustang put his foot down when he goes past my place.
Must be jealous of my AU XR8
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #78
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

These days, it seems to me everybody is in a hurry. Racing off from the lights, cutting people off, pulling out infront. Tailgating ect. Just disrespectful to other road users really. Not really isolated to any one make of car, or denomination. I must be getting old.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 08:15 PM   #79
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't need to be performance.

I just have an NA G6E, and i've had mostly Commodores, but the odd other car. Had a hotted up Datsun something try it on at the lights, but I don't react. If anything I drive more sedately.

Honestly, it was a bit of a shock after coming from an old slow 4wd and a Corolla. First week I had the Falcon I thought something was wrong. Lights went green, off I went, and then I could hear this screaming engine sound. Had no idea what was going wrong, thought i'd just bought a lemon. I looked around and saw a guy thrashing his Commodore next to me.

Now I live in a small country town, while there's a few FPV and HSV cars around, never see anyone hooning. Tyre marks outside of town suggest they do, just not where the local wallopers are going to spot them.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #80
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
I do get a new grey 5.0L Mustang put his foot down when he goes past my place.
Must be jealous of my AU XR8
UK
That Mustang driver knows class when he see's your S2 AU XR8 UK, he pays homage to it when gassing it passing your place lol!!

cheers, Maka

Old 17-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #81
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Cool Re: Performance Commodore drivers posing off after spotting your performance Falcon?

Quote:
That Mustang driver knows class when he see's your S2 AU XR8 UK, he pays homage to it when gassing it passing your place lol!!

cheers, Maka
YEAH BABY

Around me I'm lucky I guess not to many #ick#eads driving around.
UK
Mind you I'm still getting use to seeing so many new Mustangs.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #82
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Round my area couple been Falcons and Ranger think tuned that act like idiots

Other cars mainly expensive SUVs

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 11:28 PM   #83
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

F6’s have always had awesome street cred and lots of interest from the Holden brigade. Saw an awesome blue Typhoon the other day and geezuz, it’s a waste of time anything posing against those legends. The old Typhoon in its day was the Mayweather of the ring, plenty of KO’s and a proud everlasting retirement that would win every encounter on street cred alone, irrespective of power.

I’ve had more thumbs up than posing from others - the Mrs said on the last road trip ‘what is it with this car and blokes’ when we drove to QLD recently. That was in serious low ride mode on that trip with the full load - the big 6/4s hanging out helped her cause too. Sat on 100km/h all the way up on the 110 highway........just cruuuuised the 2500km up and back.

My goal is to do a lap of Oz with her as a Falcon should do in its life time. A full lap should have her looking as rough as a Ford after completing the Bathurst 1000

Last edited by chrisandsharon; 17-04-2018 at 11:36 PM.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #84
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
My goal is to do a lap of Oz with her as a Falcon should do in its life time. A full lap should have her looking as rough as a Ford after completing the Bathurst 1000
Your Falcon will take that lap of Australia in its stride np, Ford dependability you can count on everyday!!

cheers, Maka

2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #85
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok I got to witness something yesterday morning that put a smile on my face.

I was driving near an FG XR6 Falcon in Kirrawee who was launching off each set of lights racing traffic, trying to keep ahead of everyone else. He took off beside me quick and I didn't bite, I could have embarassed him but was tired after a nightshift I had just finished and wanted to get home in one piece and fine free.
Anyway, we approach the set of lights on Acacia Road (if anyone knows it) where the far left lane ends a few hundred metres after the lights. Mr XR6 pulls in the the empty left lane, beside a.... Stinger.

Of course he goes for it when the lights turn green. But the stinger is toying with him and just stays beside him before easily pulling in front before the XR6 lane ends.

Made me chuckle. I noticed the XR6 had Rabbitohs seat covers which probably tells you everything you need to know!
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2018, 05:35 PM   #86
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Ok I got to witness something yesterday morning that put a smile on my face.

I was driving near an FG XR6 Falcon in Kirrawee who was launching off each set of lights racing traffic, trying to keep ahead of everyone else. He took off beside me quick and I didn't bite, I could have embarassed him but was tired after a nightshift I had just finished and wanted to get home in one piece and fine free.
Anyway, we approach the set of lights on Acacia Road (if anyone knows it) where the far left lane ends a few hundred metres after the lights. Mr XR6 pulls in the the empty left lane, beside a.... Stinger.

Of course he goes for it when the lights turn green. But the stinger is toying with him and just stays beside him before easily pulling in front before the XR6 lane ends.

Made me chuckle. I noticed the XR6 had Rabbitohs seat covers which probably tells you everything you need to know!
what are you implying here sport???
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #87
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As A current Commodore Driver (and having owned an FG XR6T from new until 2.5 years ago) I find this thread hilarious.. You think I dont get just as many try hards in performance falcons who act like tools to catch me/race me/prove they have a bigger dingaling than me as I did with Commodores when I owned my Turbo? Hell I have 1 hero in his Smoke FGX XR8 that EVERY TIME he sees me (and he lives in my estate) he just has to swerve through traffic to get beside me to give me a run...

Its the ford V holden thing, same **** goes both ways, and has for 30 or more years...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #88
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
As A current Commodore Driver (and having owned an FG XR6T from new until 2.5 years ago) I find this thread hilarious.. You think I dont get just as many try hards in performance falcons who act like tools to catch me/race me/prove they have a bigger dingaling than me as I did with Commodores when I owned my Turbo? Hell I have 1 hero in his Smoke FGX XR8 that EVERY TIME he sees me (and he lives in my estate) he just has to swerve through traffic to get beside me to give me a run...

Its the ford V holden thing, same **** goes both ways, and has for 30 or more years...
Now thats what I'm talking about!!

I was out in my XR6 the other day & a beautifully restored LJ Torana was going past so i gave him the thumbs up & as quick as i gave him a salute, he returned the favour & i was beaming, couldnt wait to get home & tell the missus lol.

I love seeing our homegrown fast cars of the past out & about on the road being appreciated for what they are.

To me its not about how big your donk is, its about the tribal Ford & Holden thing, its how all those decades of motoring memories that come back in a split second when the old grunters (to me, yep performance /sports sedans & coupes) drive past. You cant beat that, thats gold & its priceless!!

cheers, Maka

5 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #89
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Working up here on the NSW central coast, everyone hoons around me, you can't tell who is dragging who. Probably due to my Mexican plates.
I've had a lot of admiration for my panel van with most giving you the thumbs up and some of the beach crowd reliving their PV drive-in days noting they were great board carriers and "shagon wagons"
Happy I bought it.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #90
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
what are you implying here sport???
Haha well lets just say... We know the toothbrush was invented by a Rabbitohs supporter, anyone else would have called it a teethbrush.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post