Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
ORSMEB
Steve

Default How XR-6000 Evolved Into ORSMEB

I bought my first car on Friday the 18th of March in '05 from a private sale in Bundoora. I picked it up at 8pm and was wrapped to have my first car!
It already had Genie Extractors with 2.5" exhaust and clear front and side indicators! Nice! :

The car had standard untinted windows, so before I picked it up, I organised the windows to get tinted. Loved it!

I didn't really play around too much with because I knew near nothing...
I dropped into Torque Tyre and Brakes and they hooked me up with some slotted and crossed drilled rotors and some new pads. While I was there, John also lowered it with King Super Low Springs and standard Monroe GT Gas Struts. That wasn't low enough, so he changed them and placed some King Ultra Low Springs in. That was nice, but the ride was crap. He replaced the Monroe GT Gas struts with Ultima Shortened Struts and that is what I have at the present time.

At around the same time, I purchased Phil's (GT-0046) son's IMO EL GT rims while we were at the Numurkah Show and Shine last year.
This pic is when it had Super Low Springs.

The next purchase was the ORSMEB number plates due to Tony unfortunate luck.

I left the car like this for some time until I met Tristan. He wanted to do everything to it!

He helped me replaced the clutch fan with EF twin thermo's, and also changed my air intake system. I purchased the cam shaft he had in his eb when it was non turbo and I put it in mine, but it has done nothing positive at all for it! Lol.

I changed little bits on the interior like the gear shifter and knob...

I toyed around with different wheels again and it was extremely fun!

That's about it (I think..). I'll post some show pics up now.