Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #151
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GTHO 3 Barn Find Auction

Another reason to keep it left hook is a you can if its 30 years old and unless its done properly it can affect the way they drive i was told hence my car is still lhd.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2018, 11:56 PM   #152
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
Another reason to keep it left hook is a you can if its 30 years old and unless its done properly it can affect the way they drive i was told hence my car is still lhd.
Does it affect the prices much these days, if the car is LHD or RHD from the factory? I vaguely remember as a kid, LHD cars required a large sign across the back stating the car in front of you is a Left Hand Drive & use caution or something lame like that. This would have been Perth & Melbourne mid 70's if anyone can verify that
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #153
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know about values now that lhd older cars are allowed to be registered like rhd cars but back in the day converted cars cost more to buy. Like you i remember lhd vehicles having a sign on the back advising caution that the vehicle was lhd the most common one i saw was an early 60's beetle in adelaide.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #154
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Does it affect the prices much these days, if the car is LHD or RHD from the factory? I vaguely remember as a kid, LHD cars required a large sign across the back stating the car in front of you is a Left Hand Drive & use caution or something lame like that. This would have been Perth & Melbourne mid 70's if anyone can verify that
I would of thought the world wide appeal remains if the car is from outside Australia and is originally a LHD...from a money conversion scenario the $A is a very positive aspect for those outside, eg USA to buy!
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2018, 02:55 AM   #155
323Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
theres still some good buying to be had out there irrespective of whether I its a gtho or falcon 500 just need to look and not snooze too long
even a survivor Tropicana 351 GS coupe maybe