Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #91
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Broadmedows would have required to re tool the plant so they could run a large and a small car down the line. Then the up-balance is required, then the cost of storing O/S parts as it will come over by ship. Then more shifts in somewhere like paint as it takes longer to get the cars ready for assembly, etc..

You don't just start building cars.
From what I heard the line was going to be split at the point where the whole engine/driveline assembly is raised up into the body, and then both the Falcon/Territory and Focus lines would run parallel to each other.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #92
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
From what I heard the line was going to be split at the point where the whole engine/driveline assembly is raised up into the body, and then both the Falcon/Territory and Focus lines would run parallel to each other.
The driveline is currently raised into the body now, but for both lines to run parallel with each other would have been very costly as it is all very close together with the engine/transmission/tailshaft/front suspension assembly there, and the k-frame robot.
Old 26-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #93
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The whole area where the seat covers are sewn was going to be outsourced, it might have already happened or is going to happen. Thats where the Focus line was going to go, right down the side of the plant.
Old 26-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #94
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The whole area where the seat covers are sewn was going to be outsourced, it might have already happened or is going to happen. Thats where the Focus line was going to go, right down the side of the plant.
This has happened. I was hearing China, but Thailand seems to be the current location.

vztrt knows the exact reason, but apparently it has little to do with Focus, and more to do with cost cutting.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #95
stevepet

It seems to me that the media needs another whipping boy. How many years did it take them to convince the Australian public that Mitsubishi were closing down? Every six months or so the ABC in particular would drag out the story and eventually Joe Public believed these stories and stopped buying the product with the loss of hudred of jobs. Whilst I am not comparing the 380 to a Falcon if average Joe is told enough times the Falcon is dead he won't be buying it. The media have to have a good look at themselves and try some factual reporting and not just look for sensational headlines.

Steve
stevepet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #96
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
This has happened. I was hearing China, but Thailand seems to be the current location.

vztrt knows the exact reason, but apparently it has little to do with Focus, and more to do with cost cutting.

Yep Thailand and cost cutting. It was all decided back in mid 06.
Old 26-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #97
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Yep Thailand and cost cutting. It was all decided back in mid 06.
Country of origin aside, has there been any difference in the quality of the finished product? The FG XR6 renter I had last month certainly didn't show it .

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #98
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

So the Falcon dies and gets replaced - soon they will change from RHD to LHD to suit the yanks - maybe we might become another state of the great old us of a
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #99
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton

Sure was cost cutting, but if it created extra room they could use it is just a bonus for them.