Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #61
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Holden Ute= Showpony
Falcon Ute= Workhorse
Old 03-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #62
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
...Tell me honestly if that thing left the factory with a Ford badge on it you know you would like it. Brand Name bashing at its best, why not start hammering the SangYongs them things dont have a pretty pannel in their body...

Nup sorry mate, I wouldn't care what badge was on it, it still look like a hat full of a*se holes.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #63
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
Am I the only one here that thinks it looks all right even in the HSV Guise... I really do like it. It stands out and looks different to anything else on the road (except the jumbuck) but who cares... i bet this thing sells in the 100,000's and proberly not a dissapointed customer... Tell me honestly if that thing left the factory with a Ford badge on it you know you would like it. Brand Name bashing at its best, why not start hammering the SangYongs them things dont have a pretty pannel in their body...

Cheers NudgE
I would cry if Ford came out with something like that. Simular to when I saw the AU forte realeased and decided to buy a Magna ...... the first and only time I didn't own a Falcon. AU2 came out and goodbye Magna (hated that car)

If you like Altezza's, shopping at Autobahn, After market wings and lots of plastic stick on things, I am sure this would also seem appealing. On the Maloo, there is a side panel towards the back that has room for some stick on vents. Cant beleive they missed that spot.

SangWrongs???? Those that buy these I am still trying to understand!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #64
WOLF
Track Red XY

saw one of these maloo's yesterday and they look good in the flesh, sounded awfull though
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #65
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate the Holden ad for the ute because of that song they use with the screaming little rat. I think Holden are trying to convey an image of history etc with the ad, betya most of the unknowing public think Holden invented the ute.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #66
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Holden sure have left everyone else in the "stone age" -I mean V8's still pushrods,60/40 split rear seats,Xenon lights,VVti,(sarcasim by the way).Such an technologically advanced car,the competion is in the stone age .Holden engineers are people who do not think about practical appliactions of their designs,eg handbrake,eg Number plate being on the tailgate of the ute-meaning to carry anything longer than the tray (legally),you need another number plate or,need to remove the number plate and tie it on some how.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #67
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb
Holden sure have left everyone else in the "stone age" -I mean V8's still pushrods,60/40 split rear seats,Xenon lights,VVti,(sarcasim by the way).Such an technologically advanced car,the competion is in the stone age .Holden engineers are people who do not think about practical appliactions of their designs,eg handbrake,eg Number plate being on the tailgate of the ute-meaning to carry anything longer than the tray (legally),you need another number plate or,need to remove the number plate and tie it on some how.
As they have said in many reviews, the 6.0 commodore has proved that you don't need DOHC or even OHC to make a great engine, and they all love them.

Holden openly admits that their utes are more of an Sports vehicle than a load hauler, still not saying it can' though, so they won't be and are not trying to market this at a sports vehicle.

Agreed the V6 would not be as good as the doomed falcon inline six at towing, no doubt about it.

Bu the manual option with the 195kw engine is apparently a good little load haulling package.

If u want sports, Buy the SSV, if u want a work ute, buy the bland yet practical Omega manual.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #68
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb
I mean V8's still pushrods,.
While we're at it, lets remind ourselves that OHC/DOHC have been around since the early 1900s?

I think it's funny when people bag Holden on the basis of using pushrods, even though Overhead Cams are just as old.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #69
ubute
Back in Black

Personally I don't see whats so special about the ad... I thought the older (VU??) ad with the circle work and the storm to "thunderstruck" was a better ad. Or the most recent XR8 ute ad, even tho its aimed more at blokes than metros which is probably what holden were going for

As far as looks go, its not my cup of tea, especially from the side or back... Has it got the same wheel base as the sedan? it looks stumpy and short from the side and as has been said very jumbuckesque...

As far as looks of Holden utes go, the faithful WB or up to VS series are my picks. The VU onwards looked kinda feminine to me which could explain why so many girls (and metros) started getting into them too.

I thought the AU falcon was a piece of crap to look at too (at least from the front) but was so glad when the BA arrived... Ford Tough!