Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #121
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "Holden just needs to pay normal wages and it won’t need [Govt] handouts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
tell me one good reason why an employer should be responsible for YOUR retirement? are you incapable of saving your own money???
Give us 9% extra untaxed in our pay and no problems, I'll save it. Until then I go to work every day killing my body to do my job so they can make their big profits while paying us what they have to, my employer can damned well help pay for my retirement...
3 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #122
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "Holden just needs to pay normal wages and it won’t need [Govt] handouts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
working for less or signing away rights will only give them higher profits during the transition and make it cheaper for the next company to follow suit , and one day when it's all gone .
Have you really convinced yourself of that? Once it's gone, it'll be gone for our life time. Greed is what is driving it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
10 years ago the auto industry was high paying and Holden were making record profits year on year. So why is it a problem now?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has GMH churned a profit recently? Yes companies do need to make a profit, no profit equals no jobs. Get used to it, because that's how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351
This old chestnut. I'm sick of workers looking at the CEO's wages and trying to compare and demand that they take a cut as well. Typical politically correct society where no one respects hierarchy anymore. Your CEO is the C E O. You are the worker. Nothing stopping you from becoming a CEO one day. Maybe workers should concentrate on 'working' more, rather than worrying about what their boss gets. In this economy, we are lucky we have jobs.
Well said! If you whingers think it's so damn easy, why aren't you there? Why haven't you put the roof over your head on the line and started or bought your own business?
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
3 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #123
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
Well said! If you whingers think it's so damn easy, why aren't you there? Why haven't you put the roof over your head on the line and started or bought your own business?
+1000

Too many people think that they're the most important link in the chain, that they should get a larger share of the profits, and that they should get a say in how the company is run.

Funny how when a company does well, they're waiting with their hands out, but when times get tough, those same people then blame bad management because the company hasn't the funds to ride it out with the same workforce.

You cant have your cake and eat it too.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #124
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

This ping pong game is so so boring - same comments by same people back & forth.
Ironically though, a pattern is emerging suggesting the biggest bashers are actually those with inferior working conditions .... funny that.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
3 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #125
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

We are done here
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread