Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #31
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Crypto $$$

Sounds just like Profitclicking...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #32
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack View Post
Lol I'm quite rehearsed in research. I prefer to reply on reputable sources though not websites which promote products. Maybe when I know somebody, or have an article sitting in front of me demonstrating real life and substantial rewards; then the sceptic in me will take a back seat.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #33
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I have zero real cash to speak of so I wouldnt be gambling any decent amount anyway. Will probably still give it a go. Even if it is only $100...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #34
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Lol I'm quite rehearsed in research. I prefer to reply on reputable sources though not websites which promote products. Maybe when I know somebody, or have an article sitting in front of me demonstrating real life and substantial rewards; then the sceptic in me will take a back seat.
Well, my real life experience, is as follows.

started with BTC back in 2011 (a little after it initially started), tried it as a gag as the technology interested me, invested ~$1500 in computer gear to mine some. Mined several hundred of them.

Cashed out 100BTC when they were 100AUD/ea. (2012) = 10k, so 8.5k profit (excluding electricity, I haven't tracked that).

I then played around with trading on MtGox, turned 50BTC into over 350BTC, withdrew to my offline waller and kept 50BTC to continue playing with. Then lost that when MtGox went bust/hacked/stolen (whatever actually happened).

My holdings are now worth 24kea, so that's easily 8 digits. I've a nice retirement package. can't count chickens before they're hatched of course - it could all disappear tomorrow, but I've already made my initial investment back 550%. So I am in front.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #35
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its easy to gamble in hindsight....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #36
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

got to be in it to win it.

trading shares or forex is a gamble too, yet people make plenty of money from it. some of course lose too.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #37
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine View Post
Well, my real life experience, is as follows.

started with BTC back in 2011 (a little after it initially started), tried it as a gag as the technology interested me, invested ~$1500 in computer gear to mine some. Mined several hundred of them.

Cashed out 100BTC when they were 100AUD/ea. (2012) = 10k, so 8.5k profit (excluding electricity, I haven't tracked that).

I then played around with trading on MtGox, turned 50BTC into over 350BTC, withdrew to my offline waller and kept 50BTC to continue playing with. Then lost that when MtGox went bust/hacked/stolen (whatever actually happened).

My holdings are now worth 24kea, so that's easily 8 digits. I've a nice retirement package. can't count chickens before they're hatched of course - it could all disappear tomorrow, but I've already made my initial investment back 550%. So I am in front.

My brother in law did exactly what you did. In 2011 he had a number of high power computers to do his video editing software and pirated movies. He got into mining them and he also got paid in BTC by some people for some work he did. He now holds 208 of them, a very tidy sum indeed.
Old 18-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #38
Lunch
Wait, what?

That’s crazy
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #39
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

If registration was instant I would have been $5 up by now. Minus fees of course.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 18-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #40
Lunch
Wait, what?

Waiting for your bpay deposit to clear is more painful
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #41
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I have been too busy at work to look into this properly. If I had done this late last month when I wanted to sort it I would be up around 200%

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 18-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #42
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a mate who is down few thousand since he started.
It's not all great stories.
I'm getting interested anyway.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #43
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Yeah I have a feeling that I would be jumping on this band wagon too late now. Quite possibly it is on its high side now and it is all down hill from here. Nobody knows!

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 18-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #44
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

The only crypto I am investing in is https://ripple.com/ > This is for reasons of my own. Its a personal choice but one thing we can count on is that crypto currencies are here to stay. Most of the critics (hi profile critics, not the folk on this forum) see themselves becoming irrelevant over the next decade or so. Crypto are putting money control into the hands of "the people".... I might be proven completely wrong over time. But in the meantime I have turned 10K into 33K in a month. And its all legal.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #45
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
The only crypto I am investing in is https://ripple.com/ > This is for reasons of my own. Its a personal choice but one thing we can count on is that crypto currencies are here to stay. Most of the critics (hi profile critics, not the folk on this forum) see themselves becoming irrelevant over the next decade or so. Crypto are putting money control into the hands of "the people".... I might be proven completely wrong over time. But in the meantime I have turned 10K into 33K in a month. And its all legal.
Are you selling when it's high, and buying when the price is lower, or invest 10k, and wait for it to grow?

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #46
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Are you selling when it's high, and buying when the price is lower, or invest 10k, and wait for it to grow?
So far just buy low and wait.... I see ripple as a 5 year investment. If ripple only performs 10% of what bitcoin has done my investment would be $7M.
Old 19-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #47
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Crypto currencies are a technological tour de force, and one (or more) could be put in place as a currency. However this will not happen unless the central banking cartel can get full control of the entire process; as it stands they have no control and as such, they will fight tooth and nail to maintain the status quo as their power resides in the ability to issue essentially unlimited fiat.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #48
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
Crypto currencies are a technological tour de force, and one (or more) could be put in place as a currency. However this will not happen unless the central banking cartel can get full control of the entire process; as it stands they have no control and as such, they will fight tooth and nail to maintain the status quo as their power resides in the ability to issue essentially unlimited fiat.
Exactly, big business (Which is what runs the world, not politicians) has the power to destroy bitcoin. Look at the EU at the moment, all countries have now agreed to regulate bitcoin. This is because big business is not getting a piece of the pie.

I trade what i can afford to lose, if i lost all my money tomorrow i would be angry but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Big money to be made if you pick the right coins.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #49
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Exactly, big business (Which is what runs the world, not politicians) has the power to destroy bitcoin. Look at the EU at the moment, all countries have now agreed to regulate bitcoin. This is because big business is not getting a piece of the pie.

I trade what i can afford to lose, if i lost all my money tomorrow i would be angry but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Big money to be made if you pick the right coins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
You bunch of commie-reds

The "system" will never be overthrown, we'll grind the proletariat back into the mud and keep 99% of the wealth in the hands of the 1% who rule

(In the meantime my BTC Markets account was approved instantly so let's go play )
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #50
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
You bunch of commie-reds

The "system" will never be overthrown, we'll grind the proletariat back into the mud and keep 99% of the wealth in the hands of the 1% who rule

(In the meantime my BTC Markets account was approved instantly so let's go play )
I am thinking I have to wait for a letter as everything I do is to a PO Box but they want residential. Meanwhile I am watching the price rise...

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 19-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #51
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Waiting for your bpay deposit to clear is more painful
That's the stage I'm at, how long does it take to land in your BTC account?
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #52
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Up 8% in the last 48 hours...

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 19-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #53
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Roll out of the first ever nationwide network of bitcoin ATMs in Australia;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...5d02dd7017d3cd
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #54
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
That's the stage I'm at, how long does it take to land in your BTC account?
I did it Friday arvo, received the confirmation email about an hour ago, basically 2 full working days
Old 19-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #55
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

http://www.watoday.com.au/business/m...18-p4yxty.html
Quote:
Home Business Markets
DECEMBER 19 2017 - 11:16AM
Bitcoin.com is one of the world’s largest bitcoin sites, having grown its profile thanks to the insane price surge of the cryptocurrency this year. But its cofounder and CTO, Emil Oldenburg, a Swedish native, is extremely skeptical of bitcoin’s future.

“I would say an investment in bitcoin is right now the riskiest investment you can make. There’s an extremely high risk,” he says in an interview with Swedish tech site

“I have in fact sold all my bitcoins recently and switched to bitcoin cash,” says Oldenburg, referring to the problems with bitcoin’s high transaction costs and lead times.

Indeed, by some counts, bitcoin transaction fees are doubling every three months, and it now takes on average 4.5 hours to confirm a bitcoin transaction. Ars Technica reported that fees reached $US26 per trade recently. Bitcoin.com operates in everything that has to do with bitcoins.
Old 19-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #56
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

And https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/watc...ommentary.html

Quote:
Watch out for a correction in bitcoin after a parabolic rise Cryptocurrencies are suitable for short-term trading Bitcoin futures have limits on expiry
The bitcoin trend shows room for a 50% correction
Old 19-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #57
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

And if this even looks like happening watch crypto currencies drop to zero while gold prices go through the roof.

Quote:
Beijing urged to mobilise its troops in anticipation of Korean War ‘between now and March’
http://www.news.com.au/world/beijing...6e44efcf566c64
Old 19-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #58
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed, if there is any hint of war the whole thing will collapse. (IMO)

Everyone will go for gold, happens every time during war.

But good luck to those investing and keep your eyes open and be prepared to cash out at the right time.

My 2 Bitcoins.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #59
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Soon to enter the "Blow Off" phase me thinks. So IMO only invest what you can afford to lose and if you have already invested and made big gains consider realizing 50% of that now.

Last edited by aussiblue; 19-12-2017 at 06:15 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #60
Lunch
Wait, what?

So we are currently in the mania phase?
If that graph is accurate then I guess it’s all about timing
2 users like this post: