Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #61
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Endura SUV

Have a look at its competitors to compare: (taken from carsales)
Diesel Sante fe 45-65K
Diesel JGC 55-90K
Diesel Sorento 45-65K
Diesel Craptiva 40K
Petrol Kluger AWD 50-80K
Petrol CX9 AWD 50-75k

It will be every bit as good as the last 2. but offers a diesel despite lacking 7 seats
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #62
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Have a look at its competitors to compare: (taken from carsales)
Diesel Sante fe 45-65K
Diesel JGC 55-90K
Diesel Sorento 45-65K
Diesel Craptiva 40K
Petrol Kluger AWD 50-80K
Petrol CX9 AWD 50-75k

It will be every bit as good as the last 2. but offers a diesel despite lacking 7 seats
Stop posting sense here please.

It’s not 19,990 drive away and it doesn’t have a twin turbo V8 with 500 kw
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #63
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those upper prices in the 65-80Kbracket, Endura if at 75K... sheesh!

For that price you can get Jag F-Pace, 90/10 RWD bias, all wheels driving all the time, excellent handling and steering in SUV package - basically the inheritor of the Territory's strengths. Territory owners would be mad not to swap brands. (BMW X5, Porsche Macan also on list).
Old 17-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #64
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Those upper prices in the 65-80Kbracket, Endura if at 75K... sheesh!

For that price you can get Jag F-Pace, 90/10 RWD bias, all wheels driving all the time, excellent handling and steering in SUV package - basically the inheritor of the Territory's strengths. Territory owners would be mad not to swap brands. (BMW X5, Porsche Macan also on list).
Do it, do it
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #65
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
E=Expensive for what it is...
E= everything is too expensive, typical.
www.hyundai.com.au go visit.

I like it tbh, diesel makes some good torque aswell.

Be interesting to see if we get the updated version, although current version looks good.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-11-2017, 08:44 PM   #66
GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Do it, do it
Great option, I highly recommend it. only problem is that at $75k they are not at all well equipped, Not even keyless entry. Tick some options and you’re at $100k before you know it
There’s also a 2litre petrol on the way for those not wanting diesel. Great thing about the FPace is that they’re quite light for an SUV. Around 1800kg.
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #67
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DJM83 I am not the only one who reckons its too expensive...But you don't criticize them.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:26 AM   #68
prydey
Rob

Quote:
DJM83 I am not the only one who reckons its too expensive...But you don't criticize them.
no official pricing yet its too expensive? yeah, ok then.

perhaps you get singled out because if we look back through all the threads on new release ford models, a pattern will become clear.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 12:42 AM   #69
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

prydey..so I am the only one who has an opinion that no one else does ? Quite a few others make negative comments about Ford not just me. So, the Forum should just sing Ford praises???? Not allowed to have a say on what might be wrong with Ford cars ?
Okay.. all Ford cars are fantastic, nothing wrong with them, priced appropriately. Dealers and service departments are faultless. Go well Go Ford......
Old 18-11-2017, 01:10 AM   #70
Windsor220
Now Fordless

What's the point in posting here if you have no interest in Fords? That's what has me stumped. A few people fall under this category.

Fords have had a premium pricing strategy for a while now. It doesn't seem to hurt Ranger. I don't think they are interested in selling alongside the cheap stuff as it only cheapens the brand.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 10:34 AM   #71
prydey
Rob

Quote:
prydey..so I am the only one who has an opinion that no one else does ? Quite a few others make negative comments about Ford not just me. So, the Forum should just sing Ford praises???? Not allowed to have a say on what might be wrong with Ford cars ?
Okay.. all Ford cars are fantastic, nothing wrong with them, priced appropriately. Dealers and service departments are faultless. Go well Go Ford......
Why do you even open the thread, let alone make comment? Why are you on this forum? I'm sure there is a place where all the craptiva lovers can gather and cry on each other's shoulders.

I wouldn't care if you picked on lack of 7 seats, or no petrol, or only 2t towing, but you generally always pick on price, even when it's not officially stated. You were the same with ranger and Everest, and while Everest isn't selling in big numbers, it's the trend and titanium models that are being bought,

Sales at any cost is not Ford strategy anymore. They don't have a factory to support anymore.
5 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #72
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Ford Endura SUV

I think that what cheapens the brand moreso, is the poor after sales service, the haggling with Ford over warranty claims and the okay product for a premium price.

I think Ford and Holden have largely treated their customers with contempt and abuse for so long, we've come to accept it as normal.

I still have my Mondeo and love it, but when it came time for a new people mover/family car, I couldn't go past the Sorento for quality and value.

As a loyal Ford supporter for many years I tried hard to give Ford my money (Territory/Kuga) but they simply didn't stack up.

The whole premium pricing only works if people really believe it's a premium product.

I still think many of Ford's offerings would be great cars, but my rose coloured glasses are off, and my blind love affair with the company is over.

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #73
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The beauty of brand specific forums is the healthy debate and critical evaluation of the cars from the brand we love. The differing views can be fun. However here over time any dissenting comments are being shouted down and anyone criticising (in some case stupid) decisions by Ford are told to leave.

I don’t know if Ford fans having played second fiddle for so long have developed glass egos or there are other issues, but the danger is these places just become big circlejerks and become boring because of it.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #74
prydey
Rob

i think its more a case of the same handful of people with the same tired storyline.
Old 18-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #75
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

prydey..I have never said my i20 or Captiva is better than any Ford car..my comments mainly relate to price. I have mainly owned Fords all my life until the last 3 years. The i20 is now 3 years old, no problems, very reliable. Captiva LTZ Diesel has done 36k/kms in 18 months. 15k/kms of those towing a 1.9tonne caravan. If that doesn't put strain on a drive train, I don't know what would. It also has been very reliable. People still confuse the Captiva with the Daewoo Captiva. When GM bought Daewoo it got a rebuild. Complaints are mainly with the Series 1. There are 3 where I work with over 100k/kms on the clock no issues. I suppose the EQUINOX will also be called Captiva, even though its Canadian made by Chevrolet. But this site only wants positive comments on Ford vehicles. So after all these years..Farewell...
Old 18-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #76
prydey
Rob

Quote:
my comments mainly relate to price....
Exactly. History proved you wrong with ranger. People are buying the more expensive versions of Everest so that would prove price isn't a major factor and there is only speculation regarding price of endura and yet once again you chime in with 'too expensive'.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #77
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=GK;6036664]I think that what cheapens the brand moreso, is the poor after sales service, the haggling with Ford over warranty claims and the okay product for a premium price.

I think Ford and Holden have largely treated their customers with contempt and abuse for so long, we've come to accept it as normal.

Yup,me too.I “Jumped” over twelve months ago to an opposition brand,best move I ever made.Still would love to go back to Ford though,their brand “perception” insn’t that great,which they have brought upon themselves.But in saying that no manufacturer is perfect,they all have their issues.Cheers
Old 18-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #78
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyone is interested here is a British review on the 2017 Edge as it stands pre-face lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohC4Nvy-bFI
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #79
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Exactly. History proved you wrong with ranger. People are buying the more expensive versions of Everest so that would prove price isn't a major factor and there is only speculation regarding price of endura and yet once again you chime in with 'too expensive'.
Given what we've seen with Everest sales mix, I'm wondering if being about $6 to $8K less
will position Endura nicely to secure similar sales, I recon it will be a bit more up market
than your average Soccer mum wagon but certainly not a Toorak Tractor.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #80
stig_3754

Quote:
A bit rich isn't it? You always seem to counter with the same 'can't say anything bad about Ford' line every time someone challenges your point of view. You can't blame people for finding that just a little bit tiresome time after time. If you can't take the opposing point of view then please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Past Rides:
1997 EL Ford Fairmont 4A - Navy Blue
2006 BK Mazda 3 SP23 5A - Carbon Grey
2010 LV Ford Focus XR5 Turbo 6M - Frozen White
2013 LW Ford Focus ST 6M - Panther Black
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #81
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tried looking to a Captiva - Edge comparative review and couldn't find one.
I put this down to the cars not being in the same League, There is a reason Captiva is at the cheap end of the table I posted earlier, its only there for a comparison from Holden.

Its miles behind the other two Koreans. Despite having a different name on the door its still the same Daewoo Factory.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #82
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Captiva is dead anyway. GM know how much of a ****truck it is and killed it. Will be interesting to see if the Acadia is any better.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #83
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Think should of called it the Milfwagen after they had the Kuga.
Don’t know why that wouldn’t appeal to soccer Mums.
Old 25-11-2017, 11:39 PM   #84
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
When I get enough money together , I will import one, RHD it and maybe Barra convert one as a daily. A funny story, I was parked up beside the Niagara Falls while the missus went out to take some pics. A bunch of Asian tourists with what appeared to be New Zealand accents remarked to each other "is that a Ford Territory?" as they admired my rental car trying to figure out what the hell it was.

Is is possible that Explorer was one of Ford Australia's secret programmes? It looks nothing like what MoFoCo Detroit could have designed even if their lives depended on it.
The Explorer design work began near the end of Land Rover ownership and while the new Range Rover designs were being undertaken. Obviously some "traits" found their way into the Explorer.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post