Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2019 Corvette ZR1 (leaked)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u72JlKOxls

Plus they have a mid-engine Corvette coming out in about 18 months give or take.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: 2019 Corvette ZR1 (leaked)

Not a GM fan, but I have always liked the Corvette and a few other select models.

I have liked them since I was a child. My uncle had a '57 283 fuelie. 283 cid, 283 hp.

Don't bet the farm on the mid-engined version. That promise has come and gone a few times since I was young.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
Not a GM fan, but I have always liked the Corvette and a few other select models.

I have liked them since I was a child. My uncle had a '57 283 fuelie. 283 cid, 283 hp.

Don't bet the farm on the mid-engined version. That promise has come and gone a few times since I was young.
Definitely a unique car of that era. I only really liked them from 1963 right through until the end of the L-88's.

This time it looks like their finally doing it. Same guy but he usually gets it right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5pp322kLWA
Old 10-11-2017, 12:37 AM   #4
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That running gear would have been awesome in a HSV.... ah if only...
Looks and sounds amazing..... bring it on.

There was a rumor for a while that the mid engine Vette was going to be a Cadillac sports car.

And yes I will take a C3 also.... got to love that shape.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2017, 04:16 AM   #5
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Definitely a unique car of that era. I only really liked them from 1963 right through until the end of the L-88's.

This time it looks like their finally doing it. Same guy but he usually gets it right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5pp322kLWA
I guess one can never say never. It will be interesting if they really follow through this time.

The L-88 was another unique car that was meant for the race track. To be honest, its engine is what got me technically interested in combustion chamber design.

The first L-88s used what was referred to as the closed chamber head back then. Then with the introduction of the C2 in 1969, the last L-88 had an open chamber head. This wasn't to reduce CR but rather to improve intake flow, which benefited both the good ports and bad ports. They were healthy engines. I have noticed some of the modern historical accounts confuse the power rating of the '69 L-88 (430 bhp) with the rating of the L-89 (435 bhp). I guess that is easy to do considering the L-88 really delivered more power.

Edit: 1968 was the introduction of the C2, however, I do not believe the L-88 was available that year.

Last edited by solarite_guy; 10-11-2017 at 04:37 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 10-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

LOL...Sorry, C3...
Old 10-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post

Same, GM aside Id have any gen Corvette.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-11-2017, 11:23 PM   #8
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks too much like a camaro..
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #9
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a decent review considering it wasn't driven, and at least we get to hear it's 755 hp crackle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_adY_b-aLQ
Old 14-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #10
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I'd still hit it...