Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #1
Nesbit
Starter Motor

Question LZ Manual Transmission Slipping

Hi,

I am just after some advice regarding my 2016 LZ. I have just had the 60k/48mth service although the car has only done 42K due to working from home. Dealer explained that it will have to go by time instead of Kms.

I received a call from the dealer telling me that the driveshaft/gearbox seal is worn and damaged and will need to be replaced. The dealer covered the part i only had to pay for labor, that was fine with me.

Picked the car up that afternoon and was told it is all in great working order and went on my way.

Driving home i approached a hill which i go up and down all the time. Went from 2nd to 3rd and the gearbox feels like it was slipping.... that was strange. Drove around for a bit on flat roads all seemed fine. Went back up that hill 2nd to 3rd and the slipping is back again. Went up another hill and i can replicate the problem all the time, 2nd-3rd gear change, 40km-55km speed.

I will be calling the dealer on Monday to get it back in to be looked at. My main issue is that the car has been driving perfectly without any transmission issues at all. I then have the major service and a driveshaft/gearbox seal replaced and this issue appears. I am hoping that there is a quick fix for them and there should be no cost to me.

My history with Ford has no been that great, unfortunately i was the owner of the Powershift atrocity and had to deal with Ford many times. That slipping feeling instantly brought back nightmares.

Thanks for any advice.
Nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 06:55 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LZ Manual Transmission Slipping

the leak may have contaminated the clutch plate, take it back
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post