Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #61
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
That seems to read for Turbo's & Utes only if you ask me. N/A XR6 sedan has no such option
I only looked at the utes, didn't even consider sedans.
Old 15-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #62
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
So the R6 ute is dead? Be good if they brought out a new Tradesman orientated variant, LSD, taller tyres - nothing over the top.
I would say that most people opted for either the bare bones stocker (fleets, couriers) and the sports models (everyone else) and the R6 was left forgotten in the middle.

A special run of the Falcon Tradesman ute (like they used to do) would be a good idea. Light truck tyres, alloy tray with racks and maybe LPi as standard could be a goer.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 15-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #63
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
So the R6 ute is dead? Be good if they brought out a new Tradesman orientated variant, LSD, taller tyres - nothing over the top.
ranger?
Old 15-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #64
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The External cosmetic improvements are fairly minor in my opinion, and the jury is still out whether they actually make the cars look better or just simply different. I was expecting Ford to do a bit more with the bumper plastics, especially at the rear of the car.

The interior improvements are nice, especially the inclusion of a number of features as standard across all models (touch screen, airbags, reverse sensors).

However I’m really disappointed that Ford did not introduce any Mechanical improvements in this model update, no engine power upgrades (I6 or turbo), no EPAS, no suspension/brakes/wheels improvements, and no chassis weight saving measures.

All in all I personally don’t see many benefits why existing FG 1 owners will rush to upgrade to this model, I for one will probably not bother unless the ecoboost brings something really special to the table.
Old 15-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #65
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

dont like that grill, looks out of proportion its farken massive!
Old 15-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #66
zebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
The External cosmetic improvements are fairly minor in my opinion, and the jury is still out whether they actually make the cars look better or just simply different. I was expecting Ford to do a bit more with the bumper plastics, especially at the rear of the car.

The interior improvements are nice, especially the inclusion of a number of features as standard across all models (touch screen, airbags, reverse sensors).

However I’m really disappointed that Ford did not introduce any Mechanical improvements in this model update, no engine power upgrades (I6 or turbo), no EPAS, no suspension/brakes/wheels improvements, and no chassis weight saving measures.

All in all I personally don’t see many benefits why existing FG 1 owners will rush to upgrade to this model, I for one will probably not bother unless the ecoboost brings something really special to the table.
Have not seen a pic of the rear as yet. Are we to assume that not much has changed back there?.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #67
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

boring. should look more like a tezza or taurus
Old 15-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #68
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
They just released the LPi and early next year there's Ecoboost, so by all means they haven't ignored the power train. Turbo needs more power?
Old 15-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #69
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
boring. should look more like a tezza
with the XR grille, it looks like that was the direction they were heading in, but leaving it black rather than with chrome highlights a la terri just makes it look like a work in progress.

given that all they've done is a minor cosmetic update and a few extra standard features, you wonder why its only happening now.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #70
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got off the phone to the dealer, mid November for a FGMkII EcoLPI. Does that sound right?
Old 15-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #71
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
They just released the LPi and early next year there's Ecoboost
LPi addresses fleets, but the profit is in private. private buyers dont buy LPG.

you follow the market, not try to guide the market. EcoBoost should have come out NOW instead of the 'next year/down the track' Ford always seem to do.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #72
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Anyone notice the little screen between the speed indicator and rpm odometre dials is also a nice blue LCD screen now to match the 8inch screen.

http://cdn0.caradvice.com.au/wp-cont...-g6e-turbo.jpg

Check it out above.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #73
Chopped
as in chopped

I like the new look. Although the G series grille shape is still growing on me.

lowered with rims >

Old 15-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #74
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

OK so after digesting it a bit more I reckon:

1. Mk1 G series > Mk2
2. The XR's look great, no better or worse than Mk1
3. The new headlights make it look like someone kicked the car in the nads
4. Im surprised there are no LED tailights, I would have thought bang for buck that would change the rear enough (like BF2 tail light change but meaningful)

5. Ford have a freakin great range, and once all on deck the excuses are reducing.

6. The XT looks good..there I said it

Last edited by Polyal; 15-09-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #75
HVAC PRO

you have to admit the grill in the front bar might look a bit unfinished at the moment but with the tacky black plastic removed that front bar is just asking to be filled with intercooler...
Old 15-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #76
Mad_Pom

Quote:
Got off the phone to the dealer, mid November for a FGMkII EcoLPI. Does that sound right?
No I would expect mid-December for MKII - November is a little close
Old 15-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #77
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Pom
No I would expect mid-December for MKII - November is a little close
Ok, maybe he meant production started. I would probably prefer a 2012 build anyway.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #78
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
LPi addresses fleets, but the profit is in private. private buyers dont buy LPG.

you follow the market, not try to guide the market. EcoBoost should have come out NOW instead of the 'next year/down the track' Ford always seem to do.
That is totally irrelevant to what he's saying.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #79
buggo
[BU66OS]

Those new pics make me like the XR front alot more( even though it looks like a big Focus a little), still umming over the g series.
With the engines, I don't see a real point in the petrol one, when the gas has more power/ torque, plus is at least half the cost to fill up. Unless you lived in a place with no lpg servos, what's the point?

BA XR8 Manual
Old 15-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #80
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't say it looks better than FG1, The XR's look good but not better or worse than the first series, the XT's and G's will take some getting used to, FG1 looks classier I think. That grill is just way to big, it's like a massive O.

The interior and mechanical upgrades though are great, can't complain about that.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #81
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

FG2 will be alot sooner then December.. They start building them on the 1st of October dont they?

That means by mid / late October dealers should see stock flowing through.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #82
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

The XT looks a thousand times better.

Old 15-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #83
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Funny thing is that if your after ride quality then the XT is the way to go, couple that with LiLPG and what a great family sedan if you dont want/need a SUV.

I think the XT with the darkened headlight surrounds makes the difference, when its all silver it just looks lost.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #84
EFFalcon
Last warning

FG II XT ... dropped on some nice 19's with the EcoLPI engine and a ZF..

would make for quite a nice daily ride, with some balls to match.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 15-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #85
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EcoLPI is an alternative fuel solution aimed at fleet … there will be very very few private buyers that will go for it.

EcoBoost sounds great on paper, but since no indication has been given yet (apart from Marketing BS) on its performance in the Falcon and its price, it’s success is all speculation at this point.

The I6 is under 200Kw … Since marketing is a numbers game most people will think the Aurion/Commodore is more sporty/powerful …

And as for the Turbo, 270Kw is actually not that much these days especially for a 4ltr turbocharged engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
They just released the LPi and early next year there's Ecoboost, so by all means they haven't ignored the power train. Turbo needs more power?
Old 15-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #86
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Anybody know of any real world shots of the car? Any new colours, the XR6 in the pics looks like a new colour, and for the love of god could somebody please photoshop a bonnet bulge on to one of those pics??
Old 15-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #87
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
Anybody know of any real world shots of the car? Any new colours, the XR6 in the pics looks like a new colour, and for the love of god could somebody please photoshop a bonnet bulge on to one of those pics??
Real life shots....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342585
Old 15-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #88
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i agree the XT looks great. Standard 16's now? great.

I think the whole range looks better. It's going to make my savings budget increase a bit though.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #89
Tobey
BF Ute...

Quote:
EcoLPI is an alternative fuel solution aimed at fleet … there will be very very few private buyers that will go for it.
Doubt this will be the case, there are plenty of egas XR6's getting around.

Quote:
And as for the Turbo, 270Kw is actually not that much these days especially for a 4ltr turbocharged engine.

Compared to which other 4ltr turbo car under 50k?
Old 15-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #90
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

There are plenty of DLPG FG XR's around my area aswell (private). The XR6 has basically become the base model.
Closed Thread