Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #61
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangi
Is a Unichip outdated?
Yes, totally and utterly in an AU. The edit just slaughters it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 14-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #62
HLC
Audi S3

EVO what number are we up to?
Old 14-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #63
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
EVO what number are we up to?
New Evo 1.

Old 14-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #64
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
New Evo 1.
well thats boring. :
Old 14-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #65
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

damn impressive figures casper..... congrats on achieving your first milestone..
i'll difinetly be checking it out on AU day.....
good lucks with it all .... oh any chance of engine bay pics
cheers
Old 14-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #66
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
damn impressive figures casper..... congrats on achieving your first milestone..
i'll difinetly be checking it out on AU day.....
good lucks with it all .... oh any chance of engine bay pics
cheers
thanks mate.

No point in takeing engine bay pics, the airbox is just like in the pics and the exhaust is hidden under a heat shield.

Old 14-04-2006, 11:25 PM   #67
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
thanks mate.

No point in takeing engine bay pics, the airbox is just like in the pics and the exhaust is hidden under a heat shield.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
very nice
Old 15-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #68
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Well this all looks very intesting Shane.

Its a JMM vs G & D head to head comparsion isn't it!

As we all know JMM's dyno is awfully optimistic but on straight dyno numbers I don't reckon it's any better. Yeah of course i agree about the auto and stallie all losing a few rwkw but i too would have liked to seen you come out with nearer 145rwkw on the dyno. Hasn't Krissy got 138rwkw too.

I think her car is going to do the high 14's easy and you may still struggle in the low 15's till you "open her up". Of course thats the weight of your IRS holding you back more than the traction benefits mostly.

next dragstrip run will really prove this out for sure.
Old 15-04-2006, 02:21 PM   #69
janek
Ripping it up

sorry to steal the thread a bit, but has anyone tried jmm race headers??
Old 15-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #70
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays

As we all know JMM's dyno is awfully optimistic but on straight dyno numbers I don't reckon it's any better. Yeah of course i agree about the auto and stallie all losing a few rwkw but i too would have liked to seen you come out with nearer 145rwkw on the dyno. Hasn't Krissy got 138rwkw too.

I think her car is going to do the high 14's easy and you may still struggle in the low 15's till you "open her up". Of course thats the weight of your IRS holding you back more than the traction benefits mostly.

I have a feeling the Casper mobile will shatter the 15's, and run through with a bit better then a 14.99
Even 135rwkw on the dyno is still good for a 14.8(in the right conditions), highstall, shift kit, plus the mountain of torque the all new modded VCT has it will do it easily. But the dyno dosent show how the car is on the street/track.
JMM dyno awfully optimistic.. lol you got that right, but even so people are paying thousands upon thousands for DEV kits, and just breaking into the 14's..
Caspers car, un opened, with his minor mods will better alot of these dev cars getting around and many others from other workshops.
135rwkw may not sound like a lot but Im looking forward to hearing about how this black beast goes at the strip. Im sure its going to suprise a few and raise a few eye brows. :eclipsee_
Old 15-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #71
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:

Not really. I already know who's got this won and I'm so far past doing the comparison that I have let it go now.

Quote:
As we all know JMM's dyno is awfully optimistic but on straight dyno numbers I don't reckon it's any better. Yeah of course i agree about the auto and stallie all losing a few rwkw but i too would have liked to seen you come out with nearer 145rwkw on the dyno.
Jon I hate to be blunt but you are putting WAY too much into the dyno numbers. They are just numbers. I've been running less numbers than now and still beating cars claiming to have a lot more.

Either I have a significantly better setup, have more power than I claim, they have less then they claim or a mixture of it all these situations. Either way the peak rwkw claims mean very little to me because its a number, not an ET.

Secondly, while these new dyno numbers from my car may not seem all that high and 145rwkw would have been nice, lets put it in perspective here. Lets take 2 other similar cars in some ways. Yours and useless's will do. Useless is actually a good example as his is similar in a lot of ways. We both run hi stalls, we both have edits, we both have exhaust and intake. He also has a shorter diff ratio and is running a dev4 cam.. I am running unopened. I am also make similar if not greater power than him. In your case we have similar exhaust, both have intake, you have a unichip tune but I have a slightly shorter diff. You have no hi stall and a Dev3 HL cam.. you are about 6rwkw ahead of me.
So effectively you are asking that G&D create a situation where, to be satisfactory, they have to tune an unopened automatic, histalled VCT I6 to a point where it is producing more power then a Dev4 JMM cam? I think thats a little unrealistic. Trust me, when we open thie engine up you will see some bigger numbers but, more importantly, it wont be a dyno queen, it will still be under 180rwkw but running some major times. Remember, Hamo's AU auto "only" had 147rwkw when it hammered most other I6's with a 14.30 ET.

Finally, without driving it you can appreciate the difference. The torque it is producing now is V8 matching and totally fluid. To say "its no better" is to be too absorbed in dyno queen numbers and totally ignoring the reality. The car was doing 135rwkw without the histall. Now its doing it with the histall and punching out a massively broader torque curve. There is nothing that is the same anymore at all. You see a dyno sheet and say its no different, I drive it and say its completely different.
Quote:
Hasn't Krissy got 138rwkw too.
Yes, but without the edit. Of course with no hi stall, 3.9 diff gears, a full exhaust, G&D intake and a very large cam that is to be expected. I'd suspect it will punch out over 150rwkw and a mountain of torque by the end of the tune.

Quote:
Krissy will do 14's in her sleep. I'll do them without too much effort at all, IRS or not. Once again using a dyno sheet to calculate ET's is a mistake. If that was the case Useless should have been well into the 14's and you should be a flat 15. Someone like Cobra's AU1 XR8 certainly shouldnt be running mid 14's and Hamo should be a 14.9 at best. Far too speculative to estimate ET on dyno sheets.

Quote:
Thats exactly right. The ET And MPH will tell the story. Thats what I said from the start.

Last edited by Casper; 15-04-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 15-04-2006, 02:44 PM   #72
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek
sorry to steal the thread a bit, but has anyone tried jmm race headers??
yep.. mine are up for sale in the "For Sale" section

Old 15-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #73
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Thats exactly right. The ET And MPH will tell the story. Thats what I said from the start.
100% spot on. I have been giving it a go and even with careful choisce the do it yourself pick best bits here and there from all the best tuners hasn't really put the numbers on the board yet. OK I have a fairmont wagon and its about the slowest falcon stock off the production line but win lose or draw best TS I have done was 91.84mph and thats once mostly just in the 90's. Now being the dyno shopper i am I can tell you that I have somewhere in the vicinity of 139-144rwkw now but the peak as you say doesn't win races only dyno comps.

I'll be watching and wishing you all the best for that 14 ET.
Old 15-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #74
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
3 fingers and a left testical.
Lets see... $1000 per finger and $500 for your left nut.... $3500? lol

So how much would G&D set me back for a new set of these pacemakers and an exhaust without an edit/chip?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 15-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #75
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Lets see... $1000 per finger and $500 for your left nut.... $3500? lol

So how much would G&D set me back for a new set of these pacemakers and an exhaust without an edit/chip?
Depends on what sort of exhaust you are after. Theres different levels of madness involved.
Theres the basic madness like BLC got (which is the same headers but different cat and cat back to mine) and then it can be changed through a few different levels to mine which is "Price on Application" job as its customised and dynotuned section by section to suit the specific car.

Old 15-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #76
Walkinshaw
Two > One

/me bashes Casper with a solid grind Crow.

stop being a nancy boy

Old 15-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #77
janek
Ripping it up

id be interested to see some $$$... im trying to do mine on a budget, but im learning that im best off doing things the right way first... who knows, its a crazy world to mod... so hard to sift through the bullИИИИ...

but how much is the G&D air intake setup? im looking towards removing my mandrel steel one, as it just seems to heat up too much, and i feel as though i lose power with it... but i love th epod induction, but will sacrifice it for the power gains...
Old 15-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #78
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
but how much is the G&D air intake setup? im looking towards removing my mandrel steel one, as it just seems to heat up too much, and i feel as though i lose power with it... but i love th epod induction, but will sacrifice it for the power gains...
$645 + $66 fitting.

Quote:
id be interested to see some $$$... im trying to do mine on a budget
Give G&D a call mate. They will always do their best to work within your budget. They'll certainly be able to help you out and you also have the chance to see for yourself what they do and how they work. You won't regret going there, that's for sure!

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 15-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #79
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
/me bashes Casper with a solid grind Crow.

stop being a nancy boy
dont worry, once I stop tormenting all the cammed up I6's I can unopened we will be stuffing in a rather special grind that is going to torment a hell of a lot more. And it will be a billet grind, G&D only use billet now. No "shim wars" :

Old 15-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #80
janek
Ripping it up

lol... i wish it were that simple. i spend half my time in brissie, and half my time in syd... ive been to melb once, and that was on a plane!!!!

645... thats a bit steep for the intake dont you think? is it really worthwile?
Old 15-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #81
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
645... thats a bit steep for the intake dont you think? is it really worthwile?
if your after every kw then yes.
Oh, the induction sound is absolutely WICKED too

Old 16-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #82
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

They are hand made, and are quiet time consumming to make.... That is where the cost comes from....

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT