Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default P269f

For anyone with P269F trouble code:

Don't panic.

P244C is next, if F6 is not blown or R4 is not faulty, in which case: the vaporizer may be blocked up with crud.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11471514

Ford TSB suggests replacing the vapourizer (before 09.2010) in case of customer concern (about the amber warning) Revised parts can be identified by the production date stamped on the electrical connector.

In the words of a Googled German forum poster:

"The system can cause errors, mostly due to (sporadic) failure of the glow plug unit ...

This can lead to the fuse blown ( fuse box in the engine compartment, fuse F6, 20 A) (but not necessarily)!

At the same time, the error "P269F" is stored in the PCM, which appears in the Convers as a "motor fault" with a yellow information symbol and usually does NOT result in any changed driving characteristics!
Alternatively, the error "P244C" can also be stored (Catalyst Temperature too low, Bank 1).

After restart, the error is usually deleted! "

My experience agrees with the 'sporadic' nature of the DTC P269F.

So, if you get P269F:

Plug in Forscan to watch soot loading and ignore P269F, it will likely evaporate. If not, eventually P244C. Time to replace the vapourizer.

I've had P269F four times now, no action taken, car runs as well as ever.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #2
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: P269f

TSB here:

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic....t=p269f#p12557
Old 01-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
manchu

I had P269F once about 18 months ago and nothing again since.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...1460529&page=2
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine were at 138808, 160102, 180611 and 199750 km, so about 20000km apart. Each time the amber Warning light, and 'fixed itself'.
Old 26-10-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the amber light and pending P269F again, decided to 'nuke' it. First off, fuse F6 ok. Relay 4 ok.
Amber p269f code has been annoying me for a while now, because it pops up and disappears seemingly at random.

New vapourizer assembly: $439.

Getting the old unit out wasn't too bad, having some info by bundybear I bought a 22mm crow's foot spanner and it came out easy enough with a 600mm extension etc.

The opening which has been reported many times as clogged was fine.

Conclusion: The crimped ground connector on the old unit was erratic.

Possible solution: Fix the crimp with locking pliers.

Bugger.
2 users like this post: