Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 12-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
nightram
Starter Motor

Default ~86 tx5 turbo

Well i am looking for a bodykit for my car, if anyone can help let me know, i think i might have to go custom, if that is so, is it possible to "stretch" a lasers kit?

email might be best to contact me

Goulburn mini marino hanging from Rv mirror
My car
nightram is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
BlackLS

Niiice car mate!

Id just lower it a bit more and fill those guards. Although if your really after a kit, have a look whats avaliable on the early 90's lancers, and any other cars of the same size and shape
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
BlackLS

http://www.totalrpm.com/car/4342
Old 15-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
nightram
Starter Motor

Yeah, thx, i like the car, the only ford i will ever buy.
And does it turn heads, the BOV is loud.
It wont beat a lancer or WRX yet but it makes them think WTF is that?

Once i get back home, new exhast for sound and some engine fixits. I kinda need a bodykit b4 i drop it further, it is already a good 6-8 inches below norm. Hmmm maybe air shocks......

Ill try to post the night shot i have of it, leds and lights look cool!
My car
Old 15-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
BlackLS

Id drop it before the kit. It cheaper to get it lowered and raised again if you need to, than getting a kit, getting it painted, fitting it, then getting it lowered, then smashing the bodykit into a rain of confetti'd fibreglass on the first speedbump.

I dont like the whiplash sounding BOV, id rather a nice flutter from a wastegate.

With the new exhaust you should be able to get more power if you go a nice freeflowing 3"

Don't worry about airshocks, you'll ruin any handling you may have had before.
Old 17-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you made your car look like a '90 model because that car in the picture looks no where near an '86 model. The grille and lights is a dead give away. Plus I believe the '86 was more box-like shape. Regardless of what model, shape etc you have a very nice car. Is that the Tiga Mica colour off the VT SS? I miss my TX5 now :(

I know Jetspeed have done custom kits for TX5 owners before and would post the link but it no longer exists sorry. Might be worth giving them a call.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #7
nightram
Starter Motor

Nope, it is a 86 AR tx5 turbo. As far as i know it is like any other 86 that i know of, except 6-8inches lower, might have something to do with the rims, suspension looks standard, i dont know. I have written to jetspeed and they dont have anything currently and so i am still searching.

And yes it is tigra mica, nice pick on that

When i get home i hope to do a few things to it in sydney b4 i go to qld, it has a 2.5" sports exhaust in it already atm, with a baffler at the front and a resonater at the back. I am hoping to put the resonater at the front and a cannon on the back. But apparently it wont get that loud anyway because of the turbo. Whats your thoughts? Also a 3" isnt going to do much for me either im told, but i am open to opinion, i just want more sound.

I am so ****ed off there is no easy place to put a set of 6" speakers, crappy 4" and 5" space's, means im gonna have to do pods for the doors.
My car
Old 17-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine was an N/A with a 2.25" cat-back to 3" Cannon. It might of had a high flow cat as well but I don't know. Lets just say I just found out a few days ago it is very much illegal! 90+db at test RPM and 100+ on backdown. But whack the silencer in it and all is good. I never realized how loud it was until I sold it. So for sound just whack on a cannon. It is Jap so it ain't out of place.
Old 18-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #9
nightram
Starter Motor

i got a kit that i can get now, what do you guys think?

My car
Old 19-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah looks alright. Wouldn't get the spoiler. A bit plain though.
Old 19-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #11
nightram
Starter Motor

i think it looks exactly like the norm one, so yeah if it looks like that ill pass. I like the back but i dont feel the front is agressive enough.

I think the pick was badly done, in the way it looks like a falcons front end. but it is all i have to work with atm
My car
Old 20-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Photo is really dodgy. The light is reflecting pretty harsh. You can't really seperate the panels from one another in it.