Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 
Default Suggestion: Business Directory

I was thinking that maybe you could make a little side money for the forums by hosting a business directory where members (there's 10,000 of us!) who want to advertise their business can do so for a small fee.

I thought of this because I need someone to fix my washing machine and wondered if anyone on here in my area knows how to.

This is separate from the automotive-related sponsor sections. A searchable business directory with contact features, etc.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

I think this would be a great idea!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 07:45 AM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

It has merit for sure.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
masters24
I gots me a UTE

good plan!

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #5
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we'll discuss it and see what pops out at the end
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
I was thinking that maybe you could make a little side money for the forums by hosting a business directory where members (there's 10,000 of us!) who want to advertise their business can do so for a small fee.

I thought of this because I need someone to fix my washing machine and wondered if anyone on here in my area knows how to.

This is separate from the automotive-related sponsor sections. A searchable business directory with contact features, etc.
GST Inclusive of course right? :
Old 16-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Probably, since admin most likely pay GST for their web hosting fees, domain name, etc.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 16-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #8
BlackLS

I can;t see many major implications, mainly because some entries in the directorys could clash with forum sponsors.

I'm all for it!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
max^power
Formerly au^ute

me too, would be great.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #10
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just an idea only, the question was could forum users create a biz directory for non related business ( thier business ) for a small fee.

These are the things that i see, one someone joins and doesnt contribute to the forum just to get the directory, 2, people could promote thier web / business which does cross the bundaries.
3.if a sponser wishes to extend thier range would they then be limited by the allready existing business directory, and if so would that entry be deleted ?

I'm not against the idea at all it has merrit and good for all, but will throw an idea into the works for consideration.

We see now any forum member can add a link to the bottom of thier post in effect advertising thier site / product.

Could this principle be extended with some extra space and title specific header / colour that indicates it is part of the business directory i.e.

FFAU BUSINESS DIRECTORY [VIC]
FredBloggs Plumming - www.fbplumming.com.au 03 12345678

This way if the person joined just to get the directory thier post would quickly fall away, as oposed to a regular person with input and contribution being rewarded with thier post / s promoting thier business

My 2c

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #11
max^power
Formerly au^ute

great ideas doc, it would be nice to reward those that post. a negative to this, would be spamming to up the post count.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #12
Dauphin
Irregular member

I was hoping that maybe the forum software has such a plug-in that would allow this to be integrated with the members database.

Maybe we could just create a post where everyone lists their business and people have to ask questions / contact via PM of the contact details they list.