Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 18-09-2018, 05:38 AM   #1
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Default FG mk2 GT Boss335 oil change

been using the recommended factory oil, Caltex 5w-20, the last service being around the 100,000 km mark it now has 110,000 km on the clock was told to go a thicker oil from here out, opinions please?

And can I also ask, since the GT is my Dailey drive and is due for a tune, what experiences proved the best ie type of and necessary/ not necessary replacement parts, as I was quoted $2500 for an upgrade tune {not including a cat exhaust whatever that is ,I say that as it has been an issue with prior enquiries) bit did include SC pulley, spark plugs, and water pump plus whatever turns 335kw into close to 400kw which I truly believe unnecessary fo Dailey drive?

Last edited by Tui2; 18-09-2018 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Extra enquiry about tune up
Tui2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #2
syco26
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: FG mk2 GT Boss335 oil change

Can't speak for the oil after 100k.

As for a tune all I had was a twin pod filter from KPM and tune only which net me 360rwkw. I have since installed a KPM intercooler and also a Manta 3" stainless cat back exhaust (cat back is catalytic converter back) but haven't had it retuned as yet. Did feel like it livened up a bit more after the exhaust.

I'm looking at getting 1000cc Injectors, 1000cc fuel pump, 58mm snout upgrade and throttle body and have been told I should see 440-460rwkw.

In all honesty 360 at the rears is good on the streets with a manual but of course you get used to it and want more.

And head over here as there is heaps of info on these beasts.
syco26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2018, 06:24 AM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 
Default Re: FG mk2 GT Boss335 oil change

A pulley change without an intercooler is not a good idea, but need injectors and fuel pump before a boost change

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post