Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
big_pete
Sublime

Default Do You Believe in Ghosts?

ive just watched an interesting Show on payTV called 'Most Haunted'
were they explore haunted houses and things like that with a phsyicic (or whatever there called)
very interesting show, and got me thinkin if ghost were real or not
ive never had any 'weird' experiences but have heard quite a few stories from people

so do you believe in ghosts??? or had any strange encounters?

Old 27-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #2
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Yep, absolutely... and I don't know if those that were removed from MN (Lisa)'s house actually left, they may have caused havoc and ended up starting that fire for all we know.

I have seen, heard and sensed/felt presences. They are real alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
ive just watched an interesting Show on payTV called 'Most Haunted'
were they explore haunted houses and things like that with a phsyicic (or whatever there called)
very interesting show, and got me thinkin if ghost were real or not
ive never had any 'weird' experiences but have heard quite a few stories from people

so do you believe in ghosts??? or had any strange encounters?
This forum features a prominent Ghost in the moderator team!

Were those ghosts single or three phase ones?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
Chris
AFF.com.au

hee hee, maybe its possible some of the members are!! that would be gnarly.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #5
The Mighty Red

A resounding NO NO NO I have never seen felt/presence heard or spoken to any ghosts.
One of my sisters and a couple of my friends say they have seen a ghost but I keep telling them they were asleep and they dreamt it .

And when it comes to ghosts SEEING is BELIEVING :
Old 27-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #6
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

One of my freinds has a gohst in their house . He lives at his parents home still, as they live in 2 other states becuase of work . I was over there watching a couple of DVD's one night , and about 10pm we both heard and saw someone coming up the stairs to the front veranda ! Only a glimps as the door is on an angle to where we sit in the lounge room . we were waiting for someone to come to the door for like 20 seconds , and Travis asked me could I see who it was , and what are they doing ! I couldnt see them , so we both walked out to the veranda , and looked all around the house as it elevated with only one set of stairs ! No one in the house but me and Travis ! He said it was the ghost that shows up now and then ! I know I saw someone come up the stairs and heard them , but no one was there ! I believe !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
Steffo
LPG > You

Not sure what to think about the Ghost topic. I've heard many things that make me think they are real.

But then, I believe in God... and God > Ghosts.. so.. heh

I prefer not to scare myself thinking about things like this though... ugh, why did I even read or post in this thread?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #8
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Hmmm, well I think its possible and I wouldn't be surprised if there were. But then I wouldn't be surprised it there weren't. This should be a poll!
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 12:31 AM   #9
Cheahman
BOSS 260

Alot of what you see and feel can be created by the mind. I personally have never seen or felt anything. Ive even stayed the night at the old adelaide jail which is suppose to be haunted but we saw or heard nothing there.

I personally dont believe in ghosts.. But each of us has this energy source within in us and when we die it has to go somewhere and alot of people believe this is an explanation for ghosts and also that brick walls absorb energy which would explain why most so called ghosts are found in old houses.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 02:07 AM   #10
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Im quite sure I do...havent seen one, but im sure they exist...that TV show, "Most Haunted" is a British TV series...very interesting, although maybe a little dramitised...
Old 28-08-2005, 03:51 AM   #11
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I occassionally wake up during the night and see someone (2 different people on numerous occassions) standing over my bed looking down on me. Once I got so startled I ended up charging out of my room to the other side of the house.

As to what it is, I would suspect that it's some form of shallow sleeping/dreaming that I'm suffering from. I guess if your christian, then technically you should believe in spirits, but I don't think that my case is one of those.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #12
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

We are all ghosts . in transition, I love this phase :lookedat: and I love being here ,to finese every aspect [we try hard] Its not an easy thing, learning the law of the jungle, making it better for ourselves and our own,but I think its a good thing to keep in mind as we cycle this aspect that we arent here for long time and just in case we are ,we had better do something right this time, or who knows? : you might end up as an editor for all Sourbarstards thoughts , or worse [if there is]working as a Time keeping gravedigging, potatoe peelling beer suds frothing soapbox dancing motel clealning symbiot. and lets not even think about that eeerer .On a more palatble note the most intersting thing Ive recovered , without digging anyone up I know.Is awareness of the unsupernatural .old freindships, time .its exagerated . We may not be here, there or their,, but fuc em we can be spiritual ,yes we can ,or not , , but we must treat each other like we are about to die, for we are. And, Ill have a long life on the rocks ,ta MmmmYa, with a scotch straight up for sippng thanks. So it is what it is, ha . Yes it is , you know in your self if there is something else , and if not , well nothing lost. We are bits of something, the devil is in the detail. and so it goes of course yourealise Ive had a beer sssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh I must go now , Ill be the same today :[ alive people are much more scareiar than the dead ]
Old 28-08-2005, 06:07 AM   #13
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor
We are all ghosts . in transition, I love this phase :lookedat: and I love being here ,to finese every aspect [we try hard] Its not an easy thing, learning the law of the jungle, making it better for ourselves and our own,but I think its a good thing to keep in mind as we cycle this aspect that we arent here for long time and just in case we are ,we had better do something right this time, or who knows? : you might end up as an editor for all Sourbarstards thoughts , or worse [if there is]working as a Time keeping gravedigging, potatoe peelling beer suds frothing soapbox dancing motel clealning symbiot. and lets not even think about that eeerer .On a more palatble note the most intersting thing Ive recovered , without digging anyone up I know.Is awareness of the unsupernatural .old freindships, time .its exagerated . We may not be here, there or their,, but fuc em we can be spiritual ,yes we can ,or not , , but we must treat each other like we are about to die, for we are. And, Ill have a long life on the rocks ,ta MmmmYa, with a scotch straight up for sippng thanks. So it is what it is, ha . Yes it is , you know in your self if there is something else , and if not , well nothing lost. We are bits of something, the devil is in the detail. and so it goes of course yourealise Ive had a beer sssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh I must go now , Ill be the same today :[ alive people are much more scareiar than the dead ]
Mate, I'm so piussed right now and what you said makes sense. but I duobt it well when I'm sober. oih well.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #14
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

In a nutshell yes i believe had to much freaky occurences not to. Scared of them no.. Usually you can feel if something is just not right. I am one of those freaky people who go by gut instinct in alot of cases. Casper will confirm this. I have on numerous occasions told him something isnt right about a decision he has made and most of the time I am usually correct. If I dont like the feel of a place I will leave and avoid the place as much as possible. There is a couple of things that have had happened that to this day I cannot explain away. I actually got casper freaked out one night by telling him that everytime I am thinking of my father and the radio is on, the song that was his favourite comes on. Now alot of people will sit here and say but the radio people have said its coming on etc etc, not true. There are other things that have happened and some are just to long to type out.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #15
andrew_smith_84
my one day build...

i haven't had anything happen to me, but i like those shows. like 1 time some people were trying to get rid of this lady called the white witch of rose hall, had a huge exorism and she appeared in the window and would not go. appartently she was always a stobern b i t c h

Last edited by andrew_smith_84; 28-08-2005 at 01:47 PM.
andrew_smith_84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 03:10 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Cant say I do but I do live about 5 mins away from what is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in Australia - www.montecristo.com.au.

We also own a block of land about 300m away from the homestead and are planning to build on it...
Old 28-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #17
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Cant say I do but I do live about 5 mins away from what is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in Australia - www.montecristo.com.au.

We also own a block of land about 300m away from the homestead and are planning to build on it...
mum told me a story about a trip she took there for work,
in every photo they took at the house, peoples faces were covered with a white light type thing that wasnt there when the photos were being taken
spooky....... :

Last edited by big_pete; 28-08-2005 at 03:33 PM.
big_pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #18
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
Mate, I'm so piussed right now and what you said makes sense. but I duobt it well when I'm sober. oih well.
Yes I was pretty ****ed when I wrote it too[probably should stay away from the spirits [pun intended]but probably wont] still its not as bad as it could have been.
Old 28-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #19
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs casper
In a nutshell yes i believe had to much freaky occurences not to. Scared of them no.. Usually you can feel if something is just not right. I am one of those freaky people who go by gut instinct in alot of cases. Casper will confirm this. I have on numerous occasions told him something isnt right about a decision he has made and most of the time I am usually correct. If I dont like the feel of a place I will leave and avoid the place as much as possible. There is a couple of things that have had happened that to this day I cannot explain away. I actually got casper freaked out one night by telling him that everytime I am thinking of my father and the radio is on, the song that was his favourite comes on. Now alot of people will sit here and say but the radio people have said its coming on etc etc, not true. There are other things that have happened and some are just to long to type out.
That sounds funny comeing from a ghost :
Old 28-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #20
gtfpv
GT

mmmmmmm. not sure .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #21
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

See you next week on "World of the Psychic." Until then, this is Peter Venkman, saying... *points at head, pauses*

I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not, I haven't had definitive proof, but I have had odd experiences.
Old 28-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont really know. All i know is if i did see one id probably be too ****ed to care. Hell id probably offer the ghost a beer lol.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 05:45 PM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny_Puppy
See you next week on "World of the Psychic." Until then, this is Peter Venkman, saying... *points at head, pauses*

I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not, I haven't had definitive proof, but I have had odd experiences.
Was that from Ghostbusters or Groundhog Day? I hate Groundhog Day.
Old 28-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #24
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Ghostbusters II
Old 28-08-2005, 08:15 PM   #25
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

All I can say is that there something beyond "the normal", and I have witnessed it's presence. All it took was a step into the bathroom in the room at St Georges Motor Inn after the big fella (Laminge) had, err, "utilised the facilities".
Old 28-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #26
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I've seen a couple of ghosts, being touched by one is freakier is than seeing it! I can always feel presences, and can walk into a house and tell if someone has died in it or there is a bad presence, that gut instinct that says 'No' always follow it.

I can usually tell what people and places are like the first time I encounter them and The Maddestman can verify this. He's also heard me predict things from either dreams or something that just comes to mind, such as deaths, births and the one off comment that came right out of left field that something big is coming, that turned out to be the Tsunami that hit last year.

If I follow my gut instinct and 95% of the time I'll be right.

We've had spirits in a couple of houses, I think the most obvious one was that of a child (also Kyle's imaginary friend when he was approximately 3). It would move things around, or do things to get your attention, such as throw a loaf of bread across the kitchen. It used to get quiet annoying at night when I'd be up by myself and feel like I was being watched. I'd tell it to go to bed because it was time to sleep.

So many people were tricked by this little imp, it freaked my mum out though, she came over once when I was sick and moved a couple of Kyles toys off the floor, when she went back to the lounge room the toys were back on the floor (there was only her and I in the house).

After doing some research on the house as it was rather old, we discovered that a ten year old little boy that had lived in the house had drowned.
Old 28-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #27
Cheahman
BOSS 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
After doing some research on the house as it was rather old, we discovered that a ten year old little boy that had lived in the house had drowned.
Its funny how most of these ghosts stories you hear always seem to be someone thats died under tragic circumstances. I dont know, I dont believe in them but then sometimes i do, Im always changing my mind lol. But I do believe in God though.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 11:48 PM   #28
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

I am not being a smartiepants here.... But why do females seem to always experience (and DEAL with , so nicely) all these so called paranormal phenomena so much more readily than guys?..
(Demi Moore, maybe?)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )

Last edited by Charliewool; 28-08-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #29
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
We've had spirits in a couple of houses, I think the most obvious one was that of a child (also Kyle's imaginary friend when he was approximately 3). It would move things around, or do things to get your attention, such as throw a loaf of bread across the kitchen. It used to get quiet annoying at night when I'd be up by myself and feel like I was being watched. I'd tell it to go to bed because it was time to sleep.
Sorry about that but the bread was stale and I couldnt sleep. Would it have killed you to bring me a hot chocolate?!
Old 29-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #30
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
I am not being a smartiepants here.... But why do females seem to always experience (and DEAL with , so nicely) all these so called paranormal phenomena so much more readily than guys?..
(Demi Moore, maybe?)
I know lots of men that have seen ghosts or believe in the supernatural, IMHO I think they don't like to admit that they had the sh*t scared out of them.
Have a look at the authors of books about ghosts, spirits, psychics, etc. You'll find the majority of them are men.