Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #61
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Well, it's not exactly a barn.... but driving from Perth to Bunbury, I passed a XW Fairmont V8 which was for sale in Harvey. It was inside a shed with a glass front (like an old mechanic shop) Said for sale and the bonnet was up.

From what I could gather it looked pretty tidy....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #62
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
Ignore the Torino at the top (it was a "loved" driver) .. see XC Fairmont coupe sitting in the yard outside ..
is that XC for sale???
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #63
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
is that XC for sale???
Think about it, you really dont want it....do you......?

Because its mine!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #64
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
I also know of a property in nw Victoria that must have hundreds of cars. The property is a local landmark/eye sore. Not sure what the history is but it had to have been a wreckers at some point long ago. Last time I cruised past was about a year ago and he had a couple of HK-T monaros. From the road I saw nothing newer than a HQ. They also has a couple of barges buried in grass that look like pontiacs/chevs of some description.

I saw something similar to that just off the Calder FWY when i was heading to Mildura a couple weeks ago.

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #65
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_XR6
Well, it's not exactly a barn.... but driving from Perth to Bunbury, I passed a XW Fairmont V8 which was for sale in Harvey. It was inside a shed with a glass front (like an old mechanic shop) Said for sale and the bonnet was up.

From what I could gather it looked pretty tidy....

I might have to go have a look for it, what street was it on?
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #66
67xr289

my xr was sitting under a tree in canberra somewhere. its amazing what you can find. anyone know of any esp's? lol
67xr289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #67
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
Think about it, you really dont want it....do you......?

Because its mine!
damn... it doesnt actually look too bad....
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #68
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
I might have to go have a look for it, what street was it on?

The main street of Harvey, across the road from the bakery, 'Eureka Bakery' I think it's called.

Coming from Perth, I turned right into the town centre, then before the railway bridge, there is a bakery on your right and on your left is a white shed with glass front. It was in there.

If you do go, let me know what you find and what it's like. Just really curius.

Sam
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #69
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67xr289
my xr was sitting under a tree in canberra somewhere. its amazing what you can find. anyone know of any esp's? lol
I do, a manual XD... I'll give you a few hints....
In a hayshed
About 30k's from shepp
Under a truck tarp
Its red (monza?)
The old bloke throws a handful of ratsak under it every week...
His neighbour is a good mate of mine

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 10-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #70
prof-rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van D
The property we're looking at buying apparently has a few 'really old cars' in the back of one of the paddocks. Me hopes it's got a blue oval on it.

Going to look Saturday.
I bought a property like that in 1989, (sold in 95) had a complete Holden FC van minus engine still with good Y frames! plus a bunch of odd parts in one shed, the FC went to a restorer and the parts were shared around, only thing I have left is the dash "pod" for a FX/FJ that I found in a box last year.
prof-rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 12:53 AM   #71
prof-rabbit

Quote:
I don't think it's an ESP but I do know where an XB Coupe is sitting under a tarp in a driveway and has been for some years, I also know it will never be driven by the owner, I'll try to get some pics, looks pretty good and runs, what's a good price to offer?
prof-rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #72
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
Oh man thats heartbreaking. Someone needs to rescue this thing before it goes beyond repair. Good find, i would kill for one of these. Lets hope it doesnt spend to much more time like this, it needs to be out on the street.
I kinda smile at these comments , I have over the years owned a number of them and it might be romantic but without a lot of work they still handle nothing like a modern car and normally are not as quick
Recently we moved and seeing I own to many cars I decided to cull at least one project , towie arrives and his eyes hit the stalks , makes an offer on a couple of cars and eventually he moves everything and becomes the proud owner of a 48 Austin van on a hand built chassis with a clevo motor and fmx/9" , he swapped me a really clean 97 Wagon for the A40 which needed mountains of work to be finished ,I was happy until a mate ofered to take the wagon off my hands for more than the A40 owed me and then some . Im now a very happy owner of a Daimler Double 6 with a very warm 5.8 Wheezr and 4 speed auto..so now there are two very tidy jags and a Ford in the drive > some weeks you have a win , now I just have to find storage for my little 64 Ford coupe till I get around to finishing...
I hope you find a coupe but give though to something like a 65 or 66 sedan with mods that can be had still quite cheaply . Ps: My first GT /351 cost me $4700 new back when
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #73
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yeah this one

http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminf...ubs_Used+Cars_

yes its sold, sadly not to me, you've gotta be quick, went to melbourne apparently, the guy said 'i didnt think there would be this much interest'

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #74
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQ1KA
I saw something similar to that just off the Calder FWY when i was heading to Mildura a couple weeks ago.
theres an old bloke/fart with a 58 Customline here in mildew, lives near the airport, it has been sitting there that long the wheels have sunk into the ground. "Nah mate not for sale, im gunna do it up," which seems like a silly thing to say when he cant even wash his au : . He's got 53 cusso, and an old torana in the yard too under a heap of junk.

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 10-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #75
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

one of my best mates pop found an old FX holden in a paddock down near Bylong NSW and is in the middle of restoring it..

A car i always see in a paddock behind a house looks like an XW - XY Falcon GT..is white and has all the black stripes, superoo stickers, spoiler and wheels..i keep thinking to myself it must just be a replica because no way in hell you would keep a genuine GT out in the weather like that but recently i have noticed he has moved it into the shed.. makes you kind of think!

One of my school mates lives on a property with what seems like hundreds of cars..I went up and had a look and found what looks to be a XE ESP..It is red with the black/grey down the bottom with a yellow line. Even has the wheels but I looked closer and couldn't find any of the ID tags (my geuss someone took them)..
They also have other cars like a Valiant/chrysler panelvan with the stripes down the side etc. Up there i found an XC ute that was white with the full cobra blue stripes up the middle, around the wheel arches and had cobra decals on the gaurds.
I lost count but there are heaps and heaps of cars..His dad even said he has a 427 cobra jet motor lying around (hidden) from an old american cop car.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #76
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this one is sitting in the old mans shed, 57 cusso

Old 10-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #77
5.0failane

I didnt take a camera the day i Picked up my XB coupe from an old machinery shed on a farm a few hours south of Perth. Looked like the pics on here covered in dust under a pile of junk sitting next to two XP coupes. Cost me 500 bucks 3 or 4 years ago. Falcon 500 complete car minus engine and gearbox but with all the GS options.
5.0failane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #78
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
is that XC for sale???
That was a couple of years ago when I went to collect some parts for a Dodge Phoenix .. it was a really nice car. I'd just got out of an XB GS coupe so I gave it a good look over. I don't think it was for sale. He just didn't have anymore shed space for it (his sheds were full of Torinos, Challengers, Dodge Chargers, Olds W30s, Plymouth Belvederes, etc) .. like this:

But my "realistic" favourite was this one (I'm partial to big Yank Tanks)
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #79
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcore
Take a look in some of the old barns in Griffith, NSW......If what I've been told is true then there is every guys dream tucked away covered in dust.
I'm sure you would find something of value, but probably not old cars.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #80
kremmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
I'm sure you would find something of value, but probably not old cars.
LOL :
Old 10-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #81
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Was in the shed for a while but now being sold, just down the road from me.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=120618688
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #82
Greenhorn
Pimpin My VK

here are a couple of cars i found on a country block

theres also an old bedford truck there and a couple more cars in the shed i think. been wanting to offer the dude sumthin for them but ive never seen him there
Greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #83
terence
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56L
seen a 390 galaxie at the queanbeyan swap meet today complete with original hubcaps right hand drive and pretty much zero rust ,only wanted $2000 but the guy didnt even get an offer
Pauly, you didn't happen to get some details off the guy selling the car, did you? Thats exactly what I've been looking for
terence is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #84
56L
a.k.a PAULY

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence
Pauly, you didn't happen to get some details off the guy selling the car, did you? Thats exactly what I've been looking for
no i didnt but i will keep an eye out and ask around and let you know,i think it was the compact style not much bigger than a zd fairlane
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #85
terence
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56L
no i didnt but i will keep an eye out and ask around and let you know,i think it was the compact style not much bigger than a zd fairlane
I'm guessing its one of the mid 60s ones then? If so, thats what I'm after. IF I had known the swap meet was on in queanbo I would've made my way there. Oh well, hopefully he advertises it somewhere...otherwise I hope i drive past it soon. I've always been into any sort of galaxie but their prices have always been out of my reach. Anyway, cheers in advance mate.
terence is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #86
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_XR6
The main street of Harvey, across the road from the bakery, 'Eureka Bakery' I think it's called.

Coming from Perth, I turned right into the town centre, then before the railway bridge, there is a bakery on your right and on your left is a white shed with glass front. It was in there.

If you do go, let me know what you find and what it's like. Just really curius.

Sam

A mate and i went and had a look at that fairmont, Very, very straight! its not licenced but was licenced with a 289 in it, which is odd because i dont think they came with them.. there was only minor surface rust, interior was in good nick. Bloke is prolly looking for $15-$20,000.

Heres a shot of it:

Old 16-10-2007, 12:00 AM   #87
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
A mate and i went and had a look at that fairmont, Very, very straight! its not licenced but was licenced with a 289 in it, which is odd because i dont think they came with them.. there was only minor surface rust, interior was in good nick. Bloke is prolly looking for $15-$20,000.
Heres a shot of it:
The Pursuit in the reflection is sexier IMO :sm_drool:

Old 16-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #88
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:

thats my mates :
goes like a shower of...well you know what i mean ;)
Old 16-10-2007, 02:00 AM   #89
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Oh no you didnt. Boooo!! Boooo!!!! That should be a bannable offence.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 02:50 AM   #90
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Oh no you didnt. Boooo!! Boooo!!!! That should be a bannable offence.
Hey, be gentle....I own an E-series aswell, clearly i have no sense!

***hopefully not for long!***

This user likes this post: