Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #61
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Ford Culls Mondeo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Other than the fact that no one is buying them?

I’m not sure what I see less of on the roads, Kia Stinger, or the ZB. I’ve seen maybe 2-3 of each.

This makes me proud to see that us Australians aren’t the suckers car manufacturers think we are. We won’t buy a trash Camry competitor just because they slap a Commodore badge on it, nor will we pay SS and XR prices for a third world Kia sports sedan just because it’s an apparent replacement for them.
So in your eyes the Camry is better then the zb?
Old 18-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
So in your eyes the Camry is better then the zb?
I reckon the Camry looks better. Hate the low nose on the ZB. And the fact it looks like an Astra sedan.

ZB is probably a better drive though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #63
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
The latest model camry is so terrible looking, looks like an uglier, bigger version of the nissan pulsar. They'd have to offer a negative or zero interest rates for anyone to consider driving such a monstrosity
Shh! Don't give them any ideas! They are mad enough to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205
Ok, so at what point do the sales numbers point to a model that's "struggling"? Where is the threshold?
128 a month in a country of 25 million?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz

The problem is that Mulally's "One Ford" was billed as a Global approach, when in fact it was a foolish attempt to return to Ford's xenophobic origins. If something doesn't sell in America, it gets axed.
It really did a number on Ford Australia's production. Ford Brazil got to keep their unique to market models I seem to recall. If you look at how Toyota develops models like Yaris and Corolla/Auris, they develop heavily for different regions, to the extent that 2 separate Corolla platforms exist, and you get weird & wonderful variants like AWD Yarii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
All current passenger and utility platforms are on borrowed time.............the car manufacturing industry realise this, consumers have been slow to catch on though.................
Cheers Mock
Now this is interesting. Care to expand? Anything to do with the electric/autonomous revolution on the horizon, and projected 70% decline in all auto manufacturing and personal car ownership?