Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-07-2022, 11:48 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Anodising in Greater Sydney

I’m all but done with finishing up some brackets fabricated late last year by Slowsnake’s mate. Trimmed, drilled, tapped, edges broken… I want a simple protective clear matte anodising to stop them going “floury”. Anyone here had relatively recent dealings with a small works friendly anodiser?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2022, 06:25 PM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Anodising in Greater Sydney

Another monologue.

Looks like Barry Ave Mortdale is still the go, haven’t been there since about 2007 but had a chat with their office (Vicki) and happy to deal with mug punters. Minimum charge $70+ now.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-07-2022, 07:18 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Very thorough assessment of my submitted parts, I was cautioned liberally that the weld filler rod’s composition may cause discolouration if more than a hint of silicon or magnesium is in there. Estimated lead time on drop-ins, is around two weeks, possibly less.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

To wrap:

Parts dropped off 13/7, prepped for shop processes. Ready for pick-up 19/7.

That’s a good turnaround. My only regret - if you could call it so - was opting for a matte finish instead of semi-shiny. It’s slightly darker than surrounding bits of anodised aluminium.

I would go back; recommend them happily. The only thing I would do differently another time is bring in a finish sample, to be better guided on which process best matches.
3 users like this post: