Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
Papug

Default Mondeo loyalty

Just wondering how many Mondeo owners continuing their ownership by purchasing another, newer version. If they do, it is an indication of the high quality of the car, which we all love to drive. Personally, after 5 years "affair" with MA diesel (totally trouble free and most enjoyable), I recently purchased 2014 MC Zetec Ecoboost with 15000 km. I have given up approx. 200km per tank, however that has been replaced with a greater acceleration and super smooth and quiet engine. I am enjoying every drive and in a few years will definitely buy new MD version. After reading many posts on the Mondeo forum, I think that many other owners will share my sentiment.

Regards,

Greg
Papug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Mondeo loyalty

Yeah I reckon I'll do same, my old man who is a Honda fan, had every Prelude except the first gen, then moved over to the Accord Euro Lux. FForward to 2015 he took our newly acquired MB Mondeo for a spin and loved it enough to check out the current offering, he liked what he saw and put in an order, 6mths waiting and he got the MD Ecoboost Titanium. Absolutely loves it.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
Lyko

My wife loves her MB XR5 and when I showed her the new model she asked if it comes with a turbo and 6 speed! If only FoA decide to bring out a performance model, then an upgrade will be on the cards.
Lyko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2016, 01:02 AM   #4
stuart

I have had two Mondeos - MA in Oz and MC in Germany. Unfortunately when I returned to Australia early 2015 the new MD was not yet released (besides the eventual waiting time) so I looked for an SUV. Then unfortunately the Kuga still had the old version interior so in my opinion no point purchasing it for resale value.
Ended up taking a CX-5 Mazda top model Akera with 2.2L diesel AWD however once the lease is up in two years time it will be back to Ford, most likely the 2017 Kuga Titanium.

As a note the CX-5 is OK but does not have all the bells and whistles of the Titanium which I do miss. The seats of the CX-5 are hard and unsupportive although the engine runs well. Have had trouble with the infotainment system which reboots by itself - after an update it is better but it still occurs however less frequently. The turbo lag is there also so no difference to the Ford.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan

Last edited by stuart; 13-03-2016 at 01:08 AM.
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2016, 04:10 AM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just realised the other day that I've had Mondeo wagons for 7 years! Surely must be time for a change.

The MA had a few minor problems but the MB has been good so far - just a small oil leak from somewhere under the engine which isn't bad enough to worry about. Due to changes in my work, it hasn't done a high mileage in the 5 years since I bought it new.

I will check out a MD soon.
Old 14-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
Caggs
Starter Motor

I'm on my third Mondeo diesel wagon. I started with a MB Zetec Tdci Wagon as a company car, left the company and purchased a MC Zetec Tdci wagon and then 2 years later purchased a MC Titanium Tdci wagon. Will most likely move to a MD Titanium Tdci wagon later this year. I do like the car, the only mod I have added is the Racechip box to improve economy and power (which it does nicely).
Caggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Love my MB XR5 and would happily consider a new Mondeo.
Two factors to change that decision now apply:
1. Impending Empty-Nestedness. Don't really need something that big now (and the Focus has grown a lot)
3. No manual gearbox in Oz.

Bring on the Fusion/Mondeo ST AWD in a manual pls.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post