Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #31
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Sick of GT fakes advertised as original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
$10K for mint GT replica? Can you show me even just one that sold for that in the last 10 years?
Agree 100% Stefan

To the OP, the 90s are over. This is 2012.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #32
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Woah !

Stand by for the anti SA GT Police, your post will have just set off an alert in the upper echelons of there department.

LOL!!!

Well, a RSA XYGT sold this week for around $32k aussie, very nice car indeed. Was advertised for 1 week on one forum and sold.

Add on around $10k aussie for all the shipping / gst etc etc... the guy got a bargain GT for a mere $42k. AND at least he can say he has something different, and it's a very original and unmolestered car.

I've got 3 RSA GT's (2 xy's and 1 xw) and 1 XW GT Falcon.

I'm not biased in any way, but for the price of a good replica i'd be talking people into the RSA GT's every time.

Mick.
reef green xwgt falcon
lime green HT GTS Monaro 308 4 speed
reef green ZC Fairlane black interior
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Bloody hell Mick your on a mission! Investing in them now is a top idea though.

If I had a Rhino id leave it 100% stock...the beauty of them is the subtle differences.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
LOL!!!

Well, a RSA XYGT sold this week for around $32k aussie, very nice car indeed. Was advertised for 1 week on one forum and sold.

Add on around $10k aussie for all the shipping / gst etc etc... the guy got a bargain GT for a mere $42k. AND at least he can say he has something different, and it's a very original and unmolestered car.

I've got 3 RSA GT's (2 xy's and 1 xw) and 1 XW GT Falcon.

I'm not biased in any way, but for the price of a good replica i'd be talking people into the RSA GT's every time.

Mick.
Preaching to the converted
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #35
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate, i bought mine a few years ago when i lived in capetown, i'm just saying they are still a great buy and an underated weapon.
reef green xwgt falcon
Old 13-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #36
darkside
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hang about cause a famous collector has stated that these prices are going to plumet over the next few years as all them old blokes you refered to have now gone broke or had their fun, not many of the new gen have any liking towards these muscle cars so he thinks that the prices will drop when the outrageous $$$arnt met ...time will tell i guess
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #37
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who was it and where was it stated?
reef green xwgt falcon
Old 13-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #38
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside
hang about cause a famous collector has stated that these prices are going to plumet over the next few years as all them old blokes you refered to have now gone broke or had their fun, not many of the new gen have any liking towards these muscle cars so he thinks that the prices will drop when the outrageous $$$arnt met ...time will tell i guess
^^^ This ^^^

I haven't heard this stated from anyone but I've been thinking along these lines in recent times. Give it another 10 years when all us current owners are either over it/crook/retired & need $ or fallen off the perch (insert additional circumstances here) and there will be a glut of these cars as there will not be the numbers of younger guys comming through who will want these cars.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #39
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
I get where the OP is coming from on the advertisement, but your prices are about 10 to 15 years old. Today prices you'll get an XA/B GT 4 door for 30-50k depending on condition.

GTO132 I tried selling this for 10k and couldn't, so I swapped for a bike worth about 10K.
Perfect example. If this isnt selling for $10K why would I buy it with a set of stripes and slotters for $30K+ when its still the same car. Just because some one spent that and some to make a fake is not my problem and in my opinion doesnt make the car that much more valuable. If anything it has wrecked a good original 500 or Fairmont.

XA/B GTs in good nick for around $30K is fair. XW/Y's I would pay $40 -$60K for the real deal.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #40
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Agree 100% Stefan

To the OP, the 90s are over. This is 2012.

Quote me on this "By 2015 will see 1990s prices back for all but the absolute best of the best"

Prices are constantly dropping and flipping cars for a quick buck is well and truly over. Good cars will always sell well, but most of whats out there is not that good and will drag the prices down. My experience shows that during the boom times people look up at the top end (eg. Million dollar Phase 3 - wow my poxy XY must be worth at least $100K) This was the case from early 2000s - 2009. I feel now as the prices have stagnated and the quick bucks are gone, the lower end has started dragging the top end down. 5 years ago buying pretty much anything with a nice paint job and stripes would have been a safe bet, if it didnt work out just put it back on the market and maybe make a few bucks. I'm sure that there a plenty of buyers still out there its just the safety net of a quick sale if needed and increasing value has dissapeared.
Old 13-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #41
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Perfect example. If this isnt selling for $10K why would I buy it with a set of stripes and slotters for $30K+ when its still the same car. Just because some one spent that and some to make a fake is not my problem and in my opinion doesnt make the car that much more valuable. If anything it has wrecked a good original 500 or Fairmont.

XA/B GTs in good nick for around $30K is fair. XW/Y's I would pay $40 -$60K for the real deal.
WOW a 6 cylinder falcon 500 is the same a mint GT replica. You seriously can't see the difference?

I assume you would walk into a car dealer not see how a 6 cyl base model falcon might be different to an FPV GT.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #42
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

To put it into perspective I found a XA I6 2V toploader GS for sale, pepper red with white trim. Problem is it needs a FULL resto, so lucky to get away without spending say $30k on it. The guy wants $10k and wont budge.

So thats $40k for a XA GS I6...Ive never seen one for sale at that price, some 2V Fairmonts are asking $20k and even thats a stretch.

$10k is basically your entry price into an interesting car IMO.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #43
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
WOW a 6 cylinder falcon 500 is the same a mint GT replica. You seriously can't see the difference?

I assume you would walk into a car dealer not see how a 6 cyl base model falcon might be different to an FPV GT.
I would laugh if the FG XT was mocked up as an FPV.

The difference between the 6 pot Falcon in ace original nick vs some bright paint and stripes is that the original minter would command more attention than the fake. Case in point was a show last year where a real nice original spec XR panel van was parked out the front. It had a swarm of people around it who loved it. The sea of same-same XW and XY fakes didnt really get me excited.
Old 13-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #44
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I have noticed another interesting trend

Every two years you start a thread on muscle car prices dropping!!!!!!!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11287733
Old 13-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #45
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

But its getting a little OT isnt it...
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #46
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like the OP missed out 10 years ago when things were affordable and is now hoping things will get better for him.

Reality is much like the property market the muscle car scene might have lost alot of it's heat but it is not suddenly going to become affordable to own a GT, GTS, or R/T.....
Old 13-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #47
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some classics dont seem to loose value over time, in fact its the opposite.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...g-Model-J.aspx
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #48
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote me on this "By 2015 will see 1990s prices back for all but the absolute best of the best"

Prices are constantly dropping and flipping cars for a quick buck is well and truly over. Good cars will always sell well, but most of whats out there is not that good and will drag the prices down. My experience shows that during the boom times people look up at the top end (eg. Million dollar Phase 3 - wow my poxy XY must be worth at least $100K) This was the case from early 2000s - 2009. I feel now as the prices have stagnated and the quick bucks are gone, the lower end has started dragging the top end down. 5 years ago buying pretty much anything with a nice paint job and stripes would have been a safe bet, if it didnt work out just put it back on the market and maybe make a few bucks. I'm sure that there a plenty of buyers still out there its just the safety net of a quick sale if needed and increasing value has dissapeared.
The problem was the best of the best were the ones getting the big bucks
One owner,low K examples or showroom examples
The lower end cars that were lets say worth 100 K , well the owners maybe ripped out that aftermarket stereo, swapped the aftermarket rims, changed the paint,like semi resto if you like , at what cost, to perhaps capture the market demand
Maybe the quick bucks arent there anymore ???, well that depends if your cashed and buy at the right time
There are still bargains out there across the complete ford model range, but the W/Y will always demand the big bucks
The latest problem we early ford nuts have lately ,is complete rare combo cars with rust or body damage or even not, good clean examples are getting parted out and the sellers are making their money other ways
So not only X/Y parts are getting exxy ,but the later A,B,C stuff is getting up there
Soon finding any half decent early ford , wether its a rare 351/4 spd/9" or a plain jane 500 will be a thing of the past,unless you have deep pockets

Good clean XY GT mock up for 10 K ???
I think ill have 2 please
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #49
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11287733

Am I wrong?

Vaules would have to have come off 20% at least with 20 - 30 to go. Lets see in 2015.
Old 14-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #50
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Looks like the OP missed out 10 years ago when things were affordable and is now hoping things will get better for him.

Reality is much like the property market the muscle car scene might have lost alot of it's heat but it is not suddenly going to become affordable to own a GT, GTS, or R/T.....
And you would know what I have in the shed.
Maybe you over spent with a hope to watch your investment grow and now you get the s%$ts if someone points out the bubble has burst?

Maybe you were the one who bought my BF Cobra for an over inflated price?
Old 14-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #51
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Re: Sick of GT fakes advertised as original.

Quote:
Am I wrong?

Vaules would have to have come off 20% at least with 20 - 30 to go. Lets see in 2015.
Your opening post expecting a MINT XY GT replica is what lost me

Values go up or down I have what I have and I am more than happy.

Doubt 1990s prices will return though.

If they do I will buy 10 XA GT coupes at $10-$15k a pop
Old 14-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #52
disco

I find people who get into these cars for the high investment value / return and likewise people who think they are worth nothing / chicken feed to be both equally abhorrent.

There are many investors / tightwads around claiming to be 'enthusiasts' and loving these cars, but IMO they are the fakes that should be ignored.

If you love these cars and really want one, you will pay what the market is for the best car you want / can afford.

Personally over all the the talk that X series falcons - GT's are worth either: big $$$ or jack ****. Who cares!

I say put up and enjoy your dream car, or shut up and watch others enjoy theirs!

Either way - life's too short be a dreamer.

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited by disco; 14-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #53
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And you would know what I have in the shed.
Maybe you over spent with a hope to watch your investment grow and now you get the s%$ts if someone points out the bubble has burst?

Maybe you were the one who bought my BF Cobra for an over inflated price?
I bought what I wanted exactly when I wanted it.

You're obviously still hoping and dreaming...maybe this might be more for you.
Old 14-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #54
ea90_S

couldnt careless what ever 500, fairmont, GT, XC cobra, GXL, XB, XA best fords evermade these days whatever you can get your hands on matters nothing beats oldskool steel!!
1992 Toyota Supra JZA70 - GT30
ea90_S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #55
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
I find people who get into these cars for the high investment value / return and likewise people who think they are worth nothing / chicken feed to be both equally abhorrent.
100% agree.. I actually have a snigger at those who bought back in the boom with the sole intention to make money.. 99% of these people add nothing to the GT scene..

Quote:
There are many investors / tightwads around claiming to be 'enthusiasts' and loving these cars, but IMO they are the fakes that should be ignored..
Absolutly!! A lot of these types are why so many of the cars dont come out anymore.

Quote:
If you love these cars and really want one, you will pay what the market is for the best car you want / can afford..
I can understand a buyer wanting one of these cars for a realistic sum. But we aint never gunna see 1990's prices ever again..

Quote:
Personally over all the the talk that X series falcons - GT's are worth either: big $$$ or jack ****. Who cares!.
Their an enjoyable car to cruise with, stuff what their worth, just drive em and enjoy em.. Theres sum really colourful people associated with these cars and the high point of every year for me is when we all get together at Valla every year to talk and hang sheeeiiit on each other, socialise etc and enjoy our common interest in the cars..

Quote:
I say put up and enjoy your dream car, or shut up and watch others enjoy theirs!

Either way - life's too short be a dreamer.

Cheers,
Dave.
Totally right, theres nuthin wrong with holdin out for a good deal, but if your waitin for 90's prices on stuff, I think u may be better off owning some Camry's and transfer the bowls hat from car to car. Or buy some FPV's and watch em depreciate as soon as ya drive em out of the dealership.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #56
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If more people were educated on the realistic prices of these cars then life would be alot easier. Sadly this will never be the case as its all personal to one another

When i was selling the xa i had every man and his dog come and have a look at it, most though were there to see how much of a deal they could get. Rightly so, but the person who bought it understood that in order to get his brown xa up to the same standard as mine was, would be to pour lots of cash into his own project. So he bought it

Like i said if only life was that easy most of the time

Buy what you can afford and let others do what they want with their own
saam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #57
satria
FOXWHO

yeah good luck buying my xw replica off me for 10k, and it's not even mint.

Thanks for the laugh
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #58
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As i mentioned buy at the right time and the world is your oyster
I bought my 2 owner matching numbered XC Fairmont Rally pak,still (at the time ) regoed for well under a grand
That was i think gee 4 years now, i have been offered well over 10 times what i paid
Its not for sale , and nor ever will be
So the market did peak, and it has dropped , but IF i sold ill make a motsa
Its only a loss IF you sell at a loss

Theres an old saying
Theres the have or have nots
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2018, 12:03 AM   #59
Notorius
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post

well its 2018 now while the market has lost a bit its still nothing like the 90's
Notorius is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2018, 01:22 AM   #60
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have a look on carsale

all x falcons are going for heaps and most are ****e. still waiting for the 90s prices to come back so i can buy one
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post