Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 08-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
baz

Default K&N pod fitted

I've just fitted a k&n pod filter on the cougar, my question is about cold air intake, everyone says that cold air is better but I have found that I get better fuel economy on hot days, and this is on different cars i've owned over the years, as anyone else found this to be the case.
Baz

baz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
thearrow

Default Re: K&N pod fitted

If you have just fitted the filter it will take a couple of days for the computer to adjust itself to the new settings however I am with you mine runs better in warmer weather.....don't ask me just one of those weird things.

How much better does it sound with the filter on???

Magic I bet and about 5 h.p. to boot.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
baz

Yes Arrow it sounds like a real sports car now. My mechanic said that cars go better with lots of cold air going in, but i'm not convinced, it goes back as far as my FJ holden, it was cheap to run on really hot days, go figure.
Baz
Old 11-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
baz

Arrow, did you have a heat shield with your kit?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
thearrow

My first attempt at fitting a pod filter did not have a heat shield and I ran with it for about 40K but it didin't look good. So then I got the whole kit and it was better.....it looked more professional (and legal) and I have to say the car ran better with the whole kit.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post