Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #31
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
melbourne cruise? :|
umm check the EuroFord section on AFF and look at the Sticky of the Melbourne Cruze.....talk of wildness and craxy ness. and a video i thnk....but was just reffering to that saying every1 had a great day....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #32
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

On the next euroford cruise I will drive like I always drive on the cruises. If people go faster or slower thats their choice.

Mitch: Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria. If you don't know where it is look at an atlas
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #33
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
On the next euroford cruise I will drive like I always drive on the cruises. If people go faster or slower thats their choice.

Mitch: Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria. If you don't know where it is look at an atlas
*chuckle* at smart *** remarks LOL......alls good. jsut a friendly joke lol.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #34
itsdamafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85

Im just planning on getting 2 new tyres and putting them on the rear and moving the rear ones to the front.

These tyres have been on the car since i got it last Nov
I would be sticking new tyres on the front and moving the originals to the rear. You should be giving priority to fronts for new tyres cause they steer your car which is fairly important i think
EF Fairmont: Extractors & 2 1/2" Sports Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Single Muffler, Twin 3" Stainless Tips, Polished Throttle Body, EL GT Cold Air Induction, K&N Filter, Twin 12" Subs Custom Box, Sony Explod 270w 4 Ways, Bridgestone Eager's on Rear, Alarm, Tinted Windows, Fluffy Dice!!!
itsdamafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #35
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Weird. I found the Falkens shocking on all counts.

A squealing, low grip, high sidewall movement joke. I hated them.
I have no trouble with my FK-452 falkens at the moment. They seem to soak up the bumps better then the Yoko A.drives I have on the ST rims. Grip just about the same as the Yoko's in both the wet and dry.

All the reviews I read seem to rate the tyre highly and think its one of the best tyres from the company so far.

I payed 210$ for the yoko's awhile ago and recently priced them up again at 235$ from the same place :( and the falkens were 195$.

I orginaly wanted to get either toyo t1-r's or proxie 4's but toyo were having trouble get any size 17" or 18" tyres shipments. Was 160+$ for the proxie 4's but over a 2 week wait for the ship to unload etc. Not sure if it would be the same now or not.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #36
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
umm check the EuroFord section on AFF and look at the Sticky of the Melbourne Cruze.....talk of wildness and craxy ness. and a video i thnk....but was just reffering to that saying every1 had a great day....
Would you believe no one broke the speed limit and done nothing illegal on our cruise.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #37
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
I have no trouble with my FK-452 falkens at the moment. They seem to soak up the bumps better then the Yoko A.drives I have on the ST rims. Grip just about the same as the Yoko's in both the wet and dry.

All the reviews I read seem to rate the tyre highly and think its one of the best tyres from the company so far.

I payed 210$ for the yoko's awhile ago and recently priced them up again at 235$ from the same place :( and the falkens were 195$.

I orginaly wanted to get either toyo t1-r's or proxie 4's but toyo were having trouble get any size 17" or 18" tyres shipments. Was 160+$ for the proxie 4's but over a 2 week wait for the ship to unload etc. Not sure if it would be the same now or not.
The biggest problem Falken has had in Aus. is tools selling entry level tyres, (ZE326, ZE329) as a performance tyre, the 452's seem to be working really well, sold a few lately people have been really happy with them. Unfortunatly the Yokohama A-drives seem to be gaining the same sort of reputation.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #38
0xyg3n

I like the A.drives very much. Only downside I have with them is my car is lowered with big rims and they are quite hard over some bumps compaired to the falkens. If the price was the same as last time I would of gotten a second set.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Weird. I found the Falkens shocking on all counts.

A squealing, low grip, high sidewall movement joke. I hated them.
Agreed. Mine also had excessive wear... out:

I can't remember, but off the top of my head they were ZE512s I think... Threw them out the other day too :gren:

When you think $110/tyre brands are good, and then you try $280/tyre brands... you will NEVER go back

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 08-11-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #40
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

If you want the best tyres don't shop by brand. Bridgestone make good tyres and they make poor tyres, Yokohama make good tyres and they make poor tyres. You shouldn't judge the quality of a product simply because of the brand as each one offer a wide variety of products from low cost econo tyres to high price performance rubber.

Generally you get what you pay for but just because something is more expensive doesn't mean its better. Maxxis tyres are a good example of this. http://www.maxxis.com/products/news_article.asp?id=1557
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #41
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I didn't say that 'Expensive' brands only make good tyres. But to be honest, I've never heard of anyone say anything wrong about the Contis or Michelins.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #42
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I am very aware of where melbourne is located.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:24 AM   #43
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

i got proxie 4s , very good tyre for what they are , going back to the sports tyres just because it says sports on the tyre means its sports, thats just for marketing , proper sports tyres come down to what sorta compound and construction there made of

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 AM   #44
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

toyo R888 the best tyre , in GG compound

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post