Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #31
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Go fords, thats a pretty consistent time ! strange that you set your fastest lap on the first lap !

Yeah we are a bit touchy...we can take a joke ;) but we dont take to well having our cars put down :P

So many people underestimate our little Fiestas !
If you want to get into a slander-fest... then there probably the only ford worth owning available in aus... Apart from all the focus models.

Cant remember last time the diff sha7 itself and had to be replaced 5 times under warranty, cant remember last time a gearbox fell apart and had to be replaced under warranty, cant remember last time a fiestas engine shat itself and had to be replaced by warranty....

Only bad thing ive heard is one electric water pump failure (teki) and one lemon (Aaron)
How many lemon falcons are there? more than you'd like to admit i bet !

So yeah we take jokes ;) just be prepared to have em thrown back at you

Mate i know all about the little car jokes, i used to own a 94 GSI barina, and that wasnt a slow little car.
;)

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #32
joshf2
striped

the problem i see here is that some nameless small car drivers seem to think theyre the fangio's and senna's of the new age.

with time, they'll come to realise their shortcomings.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #33
Go Fords!!
CRU63R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Go fords, thats a pretty consistent time ! strange that you set your fastest lap on the first lap !
I had a blinder on the first lap but then I think I just got the lines slightly worse than the first lap or tapped the wall once more..but does look a bit strange seeing as you are starting from standstill...would like to see someone beat 2:40 for race time

1963 1/2 Galaxie 500XL 2dr Fastback
390FE
Auto
Bucket Seats
Go Fords!! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #34
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Ford game

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
the problem i see here is that some nameless small car drivers seem to think theyre the fangio's and senna's of the new age.

with time, they'll come to realise their shortcomings.

You talking about yourself again?
:
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 01:34 AM   #35
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Considering the Fiesta pulls higher lateral Gs then the SS commo... and having both Mitch's and mine lowered - I'm sure the Fiesta would outhandle the Falcon....

Too bad we can't compete - mine should be going to another home soon :(

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #36
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't get under 1 minute lap times :

Well the important thing is I killed you all on the go-kart track _2:
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post