Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-08-2005, 10:40 AM   #31
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Induction piccies

Thanks for posting them up big man :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #32
Danny
GT4.

Oh wow!

How did you get a hold of all that stuff? And what did you do?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #33
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Induction

It was very easy to make this setup, and its pretty effective at getting more Cold air into the airbox : ..
The pipe i got for free, from my brothers work, they did have piles of the stuff lying around and i got a free cut of it.
The T pipe was bought from a place called Bunnings warehouse in the plumbing section. While i was there i also bought some clamps which you can see in the pic..

Okay the next bit gets a tad confusing to explain,so lets call the T Pipe just plain old ''T''.... and the cold air pipe just plain old ''P''

The T i found was the exact size i needed (same size as P)...

and the actual T (the bit that the P plumbs into) had little ridges so the P actualy screws into the T and is secured in that way.

Then i went to clark rubber and bought a offcut of a sheet of rubber.. this was cut up into the right size and i used these as my pipe joiners instead of going out and buying silicone for 30 bucks a pop :P (in times like these i wish i were married to Pamela Anderson)

all in all it was VERY cheap and by very, i mean VERY hahaha.
Helps if u can track down the pipe for free because that is the most expensive bit :nutsycuck

Anyway i hope this helps :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 09-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #34
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

o.O how come my engine bay doesnt look like Danny's

is it because im on the lx?

if it is, could someone post a pod filter on an lx model? (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #35
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

Default Water??

Hey mitch how do u go with water going into the pipe thru the grill??Or have you overcome that somehow cos wouldnt that ruin ur filter?? Also my mate has a lancer and i can hear his pod filter quite nicely, i understand the whoosh u's were alking about, hope mine will sound like that when i do it all :hihi:
And urban..my engine bay looks the same as danny's and i have an Lx, minus the pod of course
shannon

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #36
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
o.O how come my engine bay doesnt look like Danny's

is it because im on the lx?

if it is, could someone post a pod filter on an lx model? (:
It is no different to mine or any other stock Fiesta I can assure you.
I put a pod filter on mine which is what looks different to you. It aint there at the moment though so right now my engine bay looks no different to yours.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #37
GROOV3
Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Howdy PPLS,

Here is Mitch's Pixs.

Nice setup and good use of ur brain.

Cheers
Damo

would of been better if it was like a y joint, as the t joint the air would rush up and hit a dead end swirl round, wich then slows the flow of the factory intake, yes there will be more air forced in but no way as much as it could be, good use of the noggin though
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #38
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I've been watching this thread for a while, and all I can say is that I'm glad the Focus is a much easier setup! Here is mine, I don't have some weird airbox stretched across the engine to contend with though...

I'm still manufacturing a custom airbox for it, but I kept the ducting to flow cool air to the filter under the battery.

It's interesting to see how you guys are making modifications to your setups, it's interesting to watch the custom designs. As has been said, there are room for improvements (as there is with mine), but I like what you guys have come up with so far!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:28 PM   #39
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

mmm i like the stainless steel finsih adds class to the engine bay...thats nice.

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 PM   #40
GROOV3
Rollin

good thing with ours is you need no sensors or anything for a pod (asuming that is your sensor attatched to teh intake pipe)

whats the best way to clean a pod filter ?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #41
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'd be suprised if the Fiesta didn't have a Mass Air Flow Meter somewhere?

It is the black item you can see attached on top of the pipe.

Cleaning depends on the type of filter (foam, paper element etc).

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:37 PM   #42
GROOV3
Rollin

ours is after the intake, rather than before.

its a k&n pod i know they sell cleaner but do you just wet the filter with it and let it dry or what ?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #43
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
its a k&n pod i know they sell cleaner but do you just wet the filter with it and let it dry or what ?
Wash it out with water, dry it and then re-oil it I think?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #44
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default intake

Yes a Y pipe would be better, and i have thought of this before but seemed near impossible to track down something just right, when i see it ill buy it!
The engine bay is very cramped and believe me the T pipe is very effective with the amount of given space to work with, but it could be better.

In regards to water entering the intake, it hasnt been an issue, the pipe has a sort of rib structure, it reinforces it and makes it be able to bend. The water does not seem to be able to travel directly up for the 50cm or so. cant see it being an issue

Loads of fun :