Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Rental car options post VF/FG

Have the major rental companies started to phase out the VF Commodores, and are they replacing them with anything in the same segment or will the myriad of bland soft roaders and the Toyota Camry fill the gap?

I haven’t rented since last year but every time I have, it was an SV6 or XR6 through Budget/Avis. Occasionally, depending on price difference or frequent flyer promotion I’d upgrade to the Caprice. Also in that prestige segment was the Kluger and Chrysler 300.

So now that the Chrysler is gone and assuming the Aussie Holden’s are disappearing, what do those who like something suited for long distance driving, space and isn’t a wheezy four cylinder go for, a Kluger?

If they are replacing the VF with the ZB, are they a decent alternative to the VF?
I guess when the alternatives are a Camry, Nissan X trail or Mitsubishi ASX beggars can’t be choosers
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2018, 03:03 AM   #2
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Rental car options post VF/FG

Hi,
I haven't been to a rental car depot for a while, but this is what is currently on offer from one major car rental in Perth: (one of the global ones with yellow logo).

Standard Auto (Group S) SCAR Toyota Corolla
Full Size Auto (Group D) FCAR Toyota Camry
SUV Compact (Group G) CFAR Nissan Qashqai
SUV Intermediate (Group I) HFAR Nissan X-Trail
People Mover - 8 Seater (Group T) FVAR Kia Carnival
Premium Auto (Group P) PCAR Holden SV6
Standard 4WD (Group J) SFAR Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX
SUV Large - 7 Seater (Group E1) GFAR Toyota Kluger
Sedan Hatch Wagon Van Ute? (Group Z9) XZAR Hertz Mystery Vehicle - Auto
(Group X4) MPMD 2wd Single Cab Ute
2wd Dual Cab Utility (Group Z4) LPMR 2wd Dual Cab Ute
6 Cubic Metre Van (Group R4) CKAD 6 Cubic Metre Van - Toyota Hiace
Economy Auto (Group A) ECAR Suzuki Swift
Audi Q2 Inc. GPS (Group H5) HCAV Audi Q2 Inc. GPS
Compact Auto (Group H) CCAR Toyota Corolla
Intermediate Auto (Group C) ICAR Hyundai Elantra
GT Fastback inc. GPS (Group M5) GDAR GT Fastback inc. GPS
Audi A4 Inc. GPS (Group F5) GDAV Audi A4 Inc. GPS
Economy AWD Auto (Group V) EFAR (V) Toyota RAV4
Audi Q5 Inc. GPS (Group V5) DFDV Audi Q5 Inc. GPS
Audi SQ5 Inc. GPS (Group U5) DFDD Audi SQ5 Inc. GPS
Audi Q7 Inc. GPS (Group J5) RFDD Audi Q7 Inc. GPS
SUV Large - 5 Seater (Group E) FFAR Toyota Kluger
4WD Full Size (Group R) FFBD Toyota Landcruiser Prado
Mercedes-Benz V Class (Group E5) WVAR Mercedes-Benz V Class

I guess the choice is less if the rental depot is further away from a major city.
For example I have rented cars from the same renter in an outpost such as Exmouth WA, where the only choice was previous model Commodore in a sorry state, with 50.000+ km on the odometer.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post