Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #181
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

So this is provided by Ford not the dealer? Impression I got was it was through the dealer and continued as long as it was serviced there once a yr? No biggie either way but will have to check my paper work to be sure. Our own membership is in my wife's name so doesn't affect us membership rating wise.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #182
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

The deal is done, I rejected the trade offer and walked away when they wouldn't give me a better price on the demo. Walked away and got a call back 1h later with a better price.

Deal is done pending finance.

Now I've gotta sell my car though
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #183
Skramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
The deal is done, I rejected the trade offer and walked away when they wouldn't give me a better price on the demo. Walked away and got a call back 1h later with a better price.

Deal is done pending finance.

Now I've gotta sell my car though
That's how it's done. Well done What colour??
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #184
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
That's how it's done. Well done What colour??
Molten Orange mate.

Looks boring dull orange when overcast, but once those sunrays hit it

Kind of like Sunburst on the FG that way.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #185
clem0x

Did you get new or demo? What price Btw? Congrats on purchase

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #186
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Still demo, 27,700

Not the best price but I'm happy enough with it
Old 08-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #187
aratic

Not the MO one Metro had is it?
Old 08-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #188
Skramit

Basically what I paid for my molten orange. nice!!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #189
clem0x

How many ks on the demo? Well the good thing is that you get to drive yours sooner than mine :(

Mine still on the boat in the middle of the ocean somewhere lol

Old 08-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #190
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem0x View Post
How many ks on the demo? Well the good thing is that you get to drive yours sooner than mine :(

Mine still on the boat in the middle of the ocean somewhere lol

Paperwork says agreed 2600km. Means I don't have to worry about the break in period (I wouldn't have any way...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aratic
Not the MO one Metro had is it?
Nope it's not from Metro, won't say the same since the experience wasn't initially positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit
Basically what I paid for my molten orange. nice!!
Gonna be good, my first "new" car.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #191
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats on the purchase, gave ours a clay bar/polish and wax yesterday out in the sun this morning sensational.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #192
aratic

Quote:
Nope it's not from Metro, won't say the same since the experience wasn't initially positive.

Congrats on the purchase btw. Can't beat the new car feeling.

Reason I ask is that Metro have had their MO for months ((since they were first released) and are obviously being stubborn on price seeing as it's still there! Think I've seen $28,900 on the windscreen..
Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #193
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

The particular dealer I bought through still has all their 2.9% finance signs up even though it's supposed to have ended. There was a Kuga with "2.9% today ONLY!" on it's windows last saturday... was still on the same car same window yesterday.

This dealer really didn't want to drop and they told me three different delivery dates for new 2014 stock coming in (march, then april, then may).

Oh well, it is what it is.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #194
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Still waiting on them to email me through the paperwork? Was meant to be sent through on Saturday.

Didn't waste any time getting the girl to email me about tint and paint protection though...
Old 11-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #195
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They won't miss a chance to flog that rubbish. Said to the better half couldn't believe we got out of the dealers without the hard sell on paint protect etc, guy rang two days later. Could nearly feel the disappointment when I said had already booked in for tint and then the price was cheaper than theirs as well lol. Told him straight up save the spiel on paint protect as I def wasn't interested and had already worked out what to put on it when we picked it up.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #196
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad View Post
They won't miss a chance to flog that rubbish. Said to the better half couldn't believe we got out of the dealers without the hard sell on paint protect etc, guy rang two days later. Could nearly feel the disappointment when I said had already booked in for tint and then the price was cheaper than theirs as well lol. Told him straight up save the spiel on paint protect as I def wasn't interested and had already worked out what to put on it when we picked it up.
The look on the girls face back when bought the WT Fiesta new...

She asked if I wanted the tint, I said if she can match the price of the place I get all my cars tinted

- How much is that?

A carton...

- oh... we can't beat that.
5 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #197
ZiggythePiggy
Starter Motor

Hi all, new FiST owner here...

Has anyone been able to get the DAB digital radio working? Or just plain FM?
ZiggythePiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #198
Skramit

DAB won't work here. Needs to be DAB+ for Aus. :/
Old 14-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #199
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Do these cars support a2dp bluetooth audio playback, or only headset/telephone protocol
Old 14-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #200
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Congrats on the purchase bud, hope you enjoy it. Im sure you will.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #201
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How does everyone's cars fare for brake dust? Ours seems to make a reasonable amount on the wheels.
Old 14-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #202
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Finance etc. all finished today. Wasn't happy with the interest rate from the dealer's in house finance (esanda/anz) so I did it through my bank, as soon as the invoice came through to them from my bank the dealer called me with a lower interest rate ;)

Negotiations don't end at the drive away price when you're dealing with loans...

Car is scheduled for pick mid next week
2 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #203
Skramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad View Post
How does everyone's cars fare for brake dust? Ours seems to make a reasonable amount on the wheels.

Yeah makes plenty. I nanolexed my rims so I just spray the dust off with a hose.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #204
ZiggythePiggy
Starter Motor

Yeah I am loving it. I don't think I will actually be listening to the radio all that much, just want to make sure what is supposed to work actually does.

The brochure and manual both say it has digital radio. The manual talks about DAB+.

It says once you select the radio, then push the barnacle to the left for a choice of bands, including AM, AM AST, FM, FM AST, DAB1 and DAB2. I don't have the last two pop up.

Does anyone else, or am I special...
Old 15-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #205
ZiggythePiggy
Starter Motor

I can play back the music on my phone from Bluetooth. Also my older media player does it too.

I was surprised how good it sounded, came through much better than using the double ended headphone cable into the line in.

The down side is that you can't see what music you have on the screen, maybe voice thingo would work? Anyway, via USB, the folders, albums etc come up on the screen. I am thinking of just getting a tiny USB stick, like a Sandisk Fit.

It didn't play FLAC. Picks up WMA lossless OK though. Although a realist would point out the limitations of speakers, road noise, etc for perspective on recording quality...
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #206
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Cheers for that ziggy, to make life easy I'll just load up a flash drive then.
Old 15-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #207
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Bought a pair of stubby antennas for the fiestas, ignore the bird crap (she doesn't wash her car very often...)

Old 15-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #208
cainen

After driving around in the Sydney rains today does anyone else find the automatic wipers crap? Sometimes they're ok but at other times seem to either wait forever before wiping away the rain or unnecessarily go at full bore. Is there any way of adjusting them?

Also bluefin tune is interesting in the wet...wheelspin in 2nd even with traction on
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #209
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainen View Post
After driving around in the Sydney rains today does anyone else find the automatic wipers crap? Sometimes they're ok but at other times seem to either wait forever before wiping away the rain or unnecessarily go at full bore. Is there any way of adjusting them?

Also bluefin tune is interesting in the wet...wheelspin in 2nd even with traction on
What you reckon would happen if you tried to warranty claim turbo/motor /trans and you had an access port tune?
Old 15-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #210
cainen

Quote:
What you reckon would happen if you tried to warranty claim turbo/motor /trans and you had an access port tune?
The perennial question...it obviously wouldn't bode well if they knew about it. You just have to accept it's part of the risk of modding a car whilst still under warranty.

Also you can return it to stock tune in about 5 mins..but it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out an aftermarket tune had been applied if they looked hard enough.

Last edited by cainen; 15-02-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Additional info
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post