Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
Zetec Dave

Default Ford dealer arrogance???

Don't mean to offend anyone but was frustrated today when I visited the local Ford/FPV dealer today about their FPV vehicles and I'm sorry to say but it seems that no matter which Ford dealer I go to, they all seem to be some what arrogant and difficult to deal with. Not to mention too cheap to hand out brochures on top of their unwillingness to negotiate any deals/specials. The attitude i got was basically "nothing beats Ford" and "no discounts or specials cause we got people lining up for em". This was me giving Ford a second chance after buying the WS Fiesta (despite the bad experience) and they still screw it up for themselves!!!

Anybody have similar experiences cos to me it seems that its their general attitude. It seems to me that they are only surviving by the shoestring of Ford loyalty.

Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Hmm, My mum told them about how everyone here says they're servicing department sucks *** and they're like I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE etc etc yelling at her. Plus I knew more about the Fiesta then they did when I bought it.

But the other ones I went to loaded me up with all these brochures when I asked for some.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Zetec Dave

Hmm. Unless its the FPV brand only? Cause when I asked them for a brochure for the GT and the F6, the guy said they don't go handing out brochures cause it costs $15 each. Is that true or is it a load of BS? One would have thought that the brochures are given to the dealers by FPV. Also wanted a test drive but judging by their attitude, I don't think they would've taken me seriously. Maybe it because I look young or an asian or something? Still pretty annoyed and will give Ford/FPV one last chance before I give HSV a go since HSV is bringing out their updated ones soon.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went through 11 Ford dealers before buying my WS. Not only were Pacific Ford the best (no approach, gave me the best price straight up, didn't pester me and weren't pushy) but they had my dream WS in stock! The other ten Ford dealers were pathetic. Why would anyone want to go to 11 Ford dealers to buy a car unless your a Ford fan, when other companies have good service straight up?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Ha Ha.........they're all the same. Wasn't that long ago when I was playing off a FPV and HSV dealer for prices on a GT and R8. The FPV dealer in Melbourne asked me if i wanted a coffee whilst we walked around the showroom.

The HSV dealer said they would not bargain on retail price because there was simply no competition and then proceeded to ask me if I came with a deposit................now that's ARROGANCE and IGNORANCE all rolled up in one.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Ha Ha.........they're all the same. Wasn't that long ago when I was playing off a FPV and HSV dealer for prices on a GT and R8. The FPV dealer in Melbourne asked me if i wanted a coffee whilst we walked around the showroom.

The HSV dealer said they would not bargain on retail price because there was simply no competition and then proceeded to ask me if I came with a deposit................now that's ARROGANCE and IGNORANCE all rolled up in one.
Wow which FPV dealer was that if you don't mind me asking. Might give them a visit. I just hate to be played around and would prefer to just go to a dealer who is somewhat genuine with quality customer service. Worst comes to worst if it doesn't work out with FPV then I'm going to HSV. BUT if both of them fail me, then I'll go back to my trusty BMW dealer where I know I will get the customer service i deserve with no BS on pricing since I know the guy and dealt with him before. Really wouldn't mind the BMW 5 series but prefer to get a muscle car this time round.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Plus I knew more about the Fiesta then they did when I bought it.
So did we. They told us that the illuminated gear knob was a factory fitment and not an option even after I showed them their own brochure.

The Honda and Toyota dealers we went too were 100000 times better than the 3 Ford dealers we went too. Only reason we still got the Fiesta was that its the best value for money...

All the Holden and Ford dealers we went too were hopeless!!! Honestly when it comes time for my new car and work car, I wont go to either.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have agreed with them regarding the Illuminated Gear Lever and thrown a tantrum when your car didn't come with it! Not as many people go into a BMW dealership as a Ford/Holden/Toyota dealership. With Beemers and other luxury cars that extra price you pay gives you service, as Ford will never be able to offer this to their consumers. Not to mention I'd get sick of tyre kickers and joy riders, especially FPV. I know those brochures are pretty exxy, and you can just imagine the amount of FPV fans that want their hands on them! This is why brochres are online now, a lot cheaper. I find how you present yourself will help you in getting the service you desire. Going to FPV or BMW for that matter dressed in a singlet, ripped shorts and thongs with messy hair won't get you very far unless you flash your Platinum credit card around. I normally do big purchaces like a car or plasma tv in work clothes (ironed shirt, skinny tie, nice shoes and dress trousers with my hair done). That or nicely dressed casual. I find you get a much higher level of service, but it depends who serves you and how much they value you as a customer.

I know when I deal with clients I run over their clothes, how well they are dressed and look for brands that cost a bomb that they may be wearing. That and if they have some basic knoledge of the product and are relativly friendly is a good way to judge people. Not always right, but it works for me.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
I would have agreed with them regarding the Illuminated Gear Lever and thrown a tantrum when your car didn't come with it! Not as many people go into a BMW dealership as a Ford/Holden/Toyota dealership. With Beemers and other luxury cars that extra price you pay gives you service, as Ford will never be able to offer this to their consumers. Not to mention I'd get sick of tyre kickers and joy riders, especially FPV. I know those brochures are pretty exxy, and you can just imagine the amount of FPV fans that want their hands on them! This is why brochres are online now, a lot cheaper. I find how you present yourself will help you in getting the service you desire. Going to FPV or BMW for that matter dressed in a singlet, ripped shorts and thongs with messy hair won't get you very far unless you flash your Platinum credit card around. I normally do big purchaces like a car or plasma tv in work clothes (ironed shirt, skinny tie, nice shoes and dress trousers with my hair done). That or nicely dressed casual. I find you get a much higher level of service, but it depends who serves you and how much they value you as a customer.

I know when I deal with clients I run over their clothes, how well they are dressed and look for brands that cost a bomb that they may be wearing. That and if they have some basic knoledge of the product and are relativly friendly is a good way to judge people. Not always right, but it works for me.
Yeah I pretty much agree and that's the way it works these days. Similar thing happened when a few years ago I rocked up at Louis Vuitton in Melbourne in a Honda Jazz dressed casually and the door guy (what ever you call them) didn't even bother to do his job despite seeing me heading towards and into the store. Instead of doing his job of opening the door, he just stood there and looked at me from head to toe and look the bloody other way like I wasn't worthy. Anyway I came back back the next day, parked out front with my spanking new Beamer where they could see me and dressed in a nice shirt etc and guess wat? Best possible customer service ever!!! Geezaloo I tell you wat, it definately makes a difference.
Funny thing was, a similar thing initially happened when I was searching for that Beamer, the sales lady who was assigned to me didn't even bother. Anyway, long story short, I bought the Beamer off her colleague who was much more knowledgeable on quality customer service and about how some asians are dressed casually even when buying a 100k+ car and by far, he's been the most successful sales person I know. So its gonna be him that I go back to if both FPV and HSV fails me.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Urgh buying a car based on a dealer experience is a joke.. U get bad salesmen all over the place. If someone isnt interested in serving you walk and and go to the next one.. If you get the same approach from all them then its possibly something to do with your body language or the way your carrying yourself. I've seen arrogant customers walk in and talk to salesmen like dirt, not saying thats how you have approached them but dont just go buy a HSV because the salesmen is nice to you unless thats the actual car you want because at the end of the day ur only ripping urself off.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 02:16 AM   #11
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Urgh buying a car based on a dealer experience is a joke.. U get bad salesmen all over the place. If someone isnt interested in serving you walk and and go to the next one.. If you get the same approach from all them then its possibly something to do with your body language or the way your carrying yourself. I've seen arrogant customers walk in and talk to salesmen like dirt, not saying thats how you have approached them but dont just go buy a HSV because the salesmen is nice to you unless thats the actual car you want because at the end of the day ur only ripping urself off.
Nope Nope and Nope...I present myself well and am highly tolerant, friendly never a smart ****, and never treat them like dirt. I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, never try to prove them wrong in their opinions or product knowledge and give second chances and always smile and don't dress poorly in shorts or thongs etc etc etc when visiting dealers. I have been looking at both FPV and HSV whilst wife prefers BMW. I initially thought it was one or two dealers but unfortunately many of them are like that and NEVER in my experience have I had such poor consistent experience with a single brand. Of course I give the benefit of the doubt that not all Ford dealers and sales people are bad but unfortunately its the bad ones that ruin it for others. Even though I was given the run around with delivery of the WS at my dealer, I would still have preferred to go back to them (if I'm getting a Ford) if they were an FPV dealer but unfortunately they're not.
I've been in retail and still am on a part time basis not to mention that I'm also a healthcare professional (so I understand the importance and impact of first impressions, body language and communication) and I DO understand where you're coming from and yes its frustrating when you get those type of customers but believe me, I'm not one of them and I do feel for you when you're confronted by such customers and I do respect your profession and anyone elses.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #12
Fi.ES.TA

seems like theres not that many that have had good experiances with ford dealers,i heard a few bad rumours about mine but thought i would give them the benefit of the doubt.
I walked into my ford dealers with my work clothes on fluro shirt king G work shorts and big daft steelies with my partner and little girl and can honestly say i was well looked after,even when ive been back sinse to get a few bits and peices my sales rep has been great cant do enough but just wish they would stop force feeding me coffee hahaha.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Zetec Dave

Yeah usually bringing in the wife would help with getting some customer service but unfortunately the wife isn't always willing to come along so most of the tie I end up going alone and that's when most of these problem occur. I think it might be the mindset in sales people that if you're wife is there with you then you're more likely to make a decision and buy the car?
Was hoping this was going to cheer things up with the family thing going on but so far its not helping.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Wow which FPV dealer was that if you don't mind me asking. Might give them a visit.
Bayford in COBURG Melbourne. Treated me very well. Hope your experience is also good if you go ?
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
Zetec Dave

Coburg eh? Okay then I'll have to give them a go. Any other suggestions anyone?
Old 06-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
WPN XR6T
Useless

+1 for Bayford. By and far the best pre and post sale service from any car dealership I've ever come accross bar none.

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

When I bought my FG F6 I started by contacting all dealers via email and got one response, which was NFG. I then started to call and told them I am going to buy that weekend and will go with best deal. Cityford gave me a great price over the phone, Gorrells gave me a great price with quote via email and then Strapp Ford, Bayford, Westpoint Ford and Binks Ford all came to the party. I ended up going with David CARDONA from Binks Ford due to fact he threw in extended dealer 3 year warranty and his great customer service. I had a price in mind though and knew the range they would go to. I also knew I wanted a newly built car and not one sitting in stock.

I was so pleased with service that when it came to buying the wife a Fiesta Zetec last week I only went to one dealer for price and then to Binks Ford in Deer Park, and they didn't stuff me around, but gave me good price straight up, signed and am happy.

I must say I was happy last month when david actually rang me on my birthday to wish me a happy birthday, small thing, but all adds up.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Which dealers were you dealing with??
Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #19
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Which dealers were you dealing with??
New Oak Ford Oakleigh was the FPV dealer. The one I bought my WS Fiesta Zetec from was Jefferson Ford Mentone but unfortunately they're not an FPV dealer. Also walked into Binks Ford Footscray briefly but didn't get much service so walked out.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #20
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Also walked into Binks Ford Footscray briefly but didn't get much service so walked out.

Thats what I just dont understand. The staff's job is to sell cars. They should be saying hello to everyone!!! My boss was looking for a new family car recently. I was with him during the day and he decided to go and have a look in a Range Rover dealer. Thing was we were in our work clothes. No service at all.

You'd think as salespeople they'd be told that you cant tell who has money just by walking in the door.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #21
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I've had nothing but bad experiences from Binks Ford in Footscray.

Sure I'm Asian and look 15 years younger than I really am, but that's no reason for them to act unprofessionally.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #22
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Hmm. Unless its the FPV brand only? Cause when I asked them for a brochure for the GT and the F6, the guy said they don't go handing out brochures cause it costs $15 each. Is that true or is it a load of BS? One would have thought that the brochures are given to the dealers by FPV. Also wanted a test drive but judging by their attitude, I don't think they would've taken me seriously. Maybe it because I look young or an asian or something? Still pretty annoyed and will give Ford/FPV one last chance before I give HSV a go since HSV is bringing out their updated ones soon.

Brochures do cost around $15. The dealer has to buy them, most dealers don’t stock them as its too costly, particularly if FPV change model and leave you with 100 old model brochures. However I suspect the salesman could have explained it better to you.
You can find the e-brochure here http://www.fpv.com.au/ebrochure.aspx
New Oaks aren’t known for their customer service,
To get a test drive of a FPV its best to phone ahead, or make an appointment to come back.
We are happy to help, PM me if you would like to book in a time for a drive.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #23
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
New Oak Ford Oakleigh was the FPV dealer. The one I bought my WS Fiesta Zetec from was Jefferson Ford Mentone but unfortunately they're not an FPV dealer. Also walked into Binks Ford Footscray briefly but didn't get much service so walked out.

Well that explains your problem. Dealt with all three and they're rubbish.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:

Hi

Wondering if you have been or if anyone else has been to Coffey Ford in Dandenong, if you have can you let me know how they are please.

I have been there few times and they have been good to me. Wondering what others have experienced

You can pm me if you like ...

Cheers
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #25
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Etheridge Ford contact Andrew or Strapp Ford Doncaster contact Sathis, I have purchased cars for myself and for family members from both these dealers, you will be treated with respect.... being a member of this Forum may even get you a few extra dollars off.
I have seen interstate FPV customers doing deals with these dealers.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #26
Zetec Dave

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll give the above dealers a go. Very good suggestion about being a Ford forum member.Never occured to me to mention that either.

Nope haven't dealt with Dandenong yet but may see what they're like.

I think it doesn't help the fact that i'm young and under 30 y.o and maybe asian??? but I'll give tem the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #27
Festie

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
Hi

Wondering if you have been or if anyone else has been to Coffey Ford in Dandenong, if you have can you let me know how they are please.

I have been there few times and they have been good to me. Wondering what others have experienced

You can pm me if you like ...

Cheers
I got my WQ Zetec from them and they were friendly and very helpful
Festie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i'm young and maybe asian???
BAHAHAHA! That's hilarious!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #29
Fi.ES.TA

HaHaHa thats just to funny im under 40 y.o. and maybe English.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #30
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

I had a chuckle about the dealer being adamant regarding the illuminated gearstick being standard on the Zetec! I was initially going to buy mine from a local Ford dealer until I got a better deal through a family member, but found that I knew more about the Fiesta than the local guys did.

I was pretty certain I knew what a Perimeter alarm was as I'd had aftermarket ones fitted to previous cars, but the sales guy INSISTED that it was like a reverse sensor but around the entire car!?!? I could just imagine the car beeping constantly every time a car pulled up beside or behind me at lights etc lol It didn't make sense and he wouldn't accept that he was wrong : So much for him being right as I have since confirmed that I was right

Jo
Zetec-4-Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post