Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
GROOV3
Rollin

Question Servicing

Hey all

Im at 15 000kms in need of a service any idea how much a standard service will cost?
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
0xyg3n

my 15,000km service was 193$ That included a wheels alignment as well.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
Amazer

yeah $190 is about on the money

and more on a 4 cylinder they are charging to much, for a oil + filter change with a check over and lube of parts.

sounds like the majors will be every 45,000kms if they are working on 15,000 service intervals.

if it was me I would be doing an oil and filter change myself every 7,500kms. worth every cent in the long run

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazer
yeah $190 is about on the money

and more on a 4 cylinder they are charging to much, for a oil + filter change with a check over and lube of parts.

sounds like the majors will be every 45,000kms if they are working on 15,000 service intervals.

if it was me I would be doing an oil and filter change myself every 7,500kms. worth every cent in the long run

Rob
Yeah same here. I'm very Sceptical of these 15 thousand K intervals......
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
GROOV3
Rollin

well i rang today and got quoted $285 they can go get royaly *** ****ed before i pay that much for an oil filter and oil

im going to ring up other fords if none drop below $200 im going to an external company,
Old 24-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #6
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

I paid $195 with Castrol Synthetic R oil worth $50 and I got the excess oil back too. Ford put in a semi synthetic shell stuff. Not as good as the castrol stuff, highly recommend it. Go to an external party you know and trust. Ford servicing is average at best from my experiences.

I service every 7,500km...no worth doing it any sooner than that.
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #7
Amazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Yeah same here. I'm very Sceptical of these 15 thousand K intervals......
yeah I do filter and oil at 5000kms on my Lynx and Astina.

quick question is the first oil change done on these at 15,000kms? like is the first service just a check over?

I see it at work with Kia's (I work in Parts and Service at a big dealership) 15,000km before first oil change and I personally feel that is too long to go on the run in oil, where as Honda do an oil change free to the customer at 1000kms and run a fully synthetic oil.

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:39 PM   #8
0xyg3n

first one is at 3000 but they only look over the car to make sure its ok. then 15000 for first oil change. Then every 15000 after that.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

60,000k majors, not 45,000k. Keeps costs down!!
Old 25-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
first one is at 3000 but they only look over the car to make sure its ok. then 15000 for first oil change. Then every 15000 after that.
3000kms is a free service and is optional. Nothing is changed unless it is requested by the owner or was set to be done when the car was picked up.
Old 25-05-2005, 10:30 PM   #11
GROOV3
Rollin

well just rang around today

jarvis ford $285
another jarvis ford $300
ford elizabeth $215

ultratune $130

its crap the price they want to charge just to change the oil and filter and go over the car. It looks like i have to do it at jarvis if i want to keep my 5yrs warenty if i dont it drops back to 3.

Ive already written a complaint to ford. im going to bring it up with the dealers that another one will do it for $210, (still expensive)

if they dont match im going to write to consumer afairs and complain about the situation and how they are forcing people into paying double if not more what the service should cost
Old 25-05-2005, 11:15 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

This is something I have never understood - why do people have to pay for warranty servicing? Ive never paid a cent for ANY service on my Focus because it still has factory warranty left, and the AUII has just clicked over 90,000kms - that is the only service we have ever had to pay for for that car.
Old 26-05-2005, 12:32 AM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

B2TF.... so you dont pay for ANY servicing?...... you must know the dealer personally then?

And Groov3, prices vary according to each place due to the quality of the service, the presentation etc. Rick Damelian (Best honda dealer in NSW i think) is heaps expensive... but they wash your car, give you chocolates, send you SMS updates, SMS reminders, and have an awesome lounge, showroom, 5 star hotel style Bathroom etc etc... YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #14
GROOV3
Rollin

nah ive been to both fords and they are ntohing special esp not worth $300

one place offers hire cars focus for $60 a day and oyu have to pay for petrol
isnt that nice
Old 26-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh, and rick damelian charged us like $850 to $1200 for service... we now go to my dad's friend's machanic and pay $80... but i dont think the car is looking to healthy...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 05:26 PM   #16
whippet_zetec
Supes

when I bought my Focus I negotiated free servicing for 2 years, regardless of the Km's I am running up on it....(although I am lucky to get through 15,000 in a year).....

I guess servicing is just the deal you work out when buying, when I got my Falcon though scheduled servicing was included for the first three services in the purchase price/warranty......
Old 26-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #17
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

My oil got changed at the 3000k service, I'll be doing the rest myself
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
B2TF.... so you dont pay for ANY servicing?...... you must know the dealer personally then?
I do but thats not the reason it doesnt cost me anything. That's the reason I can pick my own mechanic and get little bonuses done when servicing.. :
Old 31-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #19
GROOV3
Rollin

SUCK SHIT FORD IVE FOUND A LOOP HOLE, TRY AND CHARGE ME $285- $300 FOR A STANDARD SERVICE GET ****ED, IVE FOUDN A LITTLE MANUAL WHICH CAME WITH MY CAR SAYING FIXED SERVICING COSTS ARE $175

still steep but alot cheeper, ill be photocopying that bastard and demanding it at that price.

so get ****ed ford

signing off.....
Old 31-05-2005, 10:27 PM   #20
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I'll be changing mine between 1500 and 3000 as 15000 is too long to go from factory.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2005, 10:47 PM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
SUCK SHIT FORD IVE FOUND A LOOP HOLE, TRY AND CHARGE ME $285- $300 FOR A STANDARD SERVICE GET ****ED, IVE FOUDN A LITTLE MANUAL WHICH CAME WITH MY CAR SAYING FIXED SERVICING COSTS ARE $175

still steep but alot cheeper, ill be photocopying that bastard and demanding it at that price.

so get ****ed ford

signing off.....
Dont you DARE sign off until you give me the page number and location of this reccomended price. and what does the lil booklet look like?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #22
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
I'll be changing mine between 1500 and 3000 as 15000 is too long to go from factory.
Ford you'll find your dealership will give you a complimentary service inspection at 3000kms. You will need to book it though, they probably wont tell you you can have it but you can - its listed in the warranty and servicing guide.

At this point you can request to have the oil changed free of charge.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:21 AM   #23
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Ford you'll find your dealership will give you a complimentary service inspection at 3000kms. You will need to book it though, they probably wont tell you you can have it but you can - its listed in the warranty and servicing guide.

At this point you can request to have the oil changed free of charge.
Yeah, its basically the same deal with my turbo, they do f all anyway, i'll be doing both oil changes myself before then anyway.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 12:16 PM   #24
GROOV3
Rollin

The price is in my jarvice ford book, a little white one to do with extended warrenty.

just rang up ford then and lets say they arent budging at all, lady on the phone got quite a bit narky when im like it should be this price then she proceds to tell me that the fixed service price is only after the standard for warrenty has expired. so im like well why should i have to take it to a jarvice for during the standard then. she didnt like that procedded to ramble. so im like ok then and ended the call.

and now im waiting for RAA free legal advice and see what they think.

following that consumer affairs are going to be contacted as i feel this is not fair. locking some one into a certain company then forcing them to pay like $300 double what they should.

:SaiyanSmi so fricken ****ed off
Old 01-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #25
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

The holden dealers used to advertise a service and tune for $129 for all models, but it was not the same service as a book service, maybe your dealer is doing the same thing.
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #26
GROOV3
Rollin

nope its the same service,

all i can say is Jarvice ford are scum

i went through a big deal with them to do with my locks and the fact a guy here at work owns a focus and my keys open his car and his open mine and we cant turn the ignition on just cant startt he car, and they pretty much said oh well

now they are charging double what i was told when i was buying the car.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #27
b2tf
not here much anymore

IMHO thats something you need to take up with the dealer, not Ford as a company. Ford doesnt set the prices for warranty services, all they do is dictate when and what should be done to the car.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #28
GROOV3
Rollin

yep im about to ring the sales manager been speaking to a few contacts they said to start there, let him know that the sales guy told me this was the fixed price for servicing.

man this is going to get dirty, im probabaly going to pull my car out of the service this sat cause im not going to pay $285 for a standard service

lets see about $40 for oil and filter yeah
the rest is labour so your telling me a job that will take about an hour is worth that much, or maybe they have gold in there oil ???
Old 01-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #29
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

when i take mine to be serviced ill be taking the oil i use and a filter. all i want is them to put in what i give em and stamp the booklet. dont trust the nobs to do anything else.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #30
GROOV3
Rollin

well spoke to the dealer i baught the car from, stating i was told a service would cost that much, he did the who was it i didnt want to dob any one in but he looked it up and he is like oh yeah he has moved on now. i pretty firmly talked with him abotu how its not very good of them to say this and i think the sales guys should be told not to tell epope that servicing is that cheep.

he said he would try and get some $ off for me on sat when i go in but i cant see it being more than $20 so im thinking wether to boycott ford alltogether and just get another company to do it like ultra tune will service for about $130
im sure there is others

well done ford *clap clap*