Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The thing I didn't like about the last model was the interior felt and looked really cheap, dash was horrible and the font on the cluster was crappy.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #32
BruceT

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
On a curious note - has anyone hit the rev limiter in the new WS? If so what rpm is it?
I got it to about 6750 RPM once in 2nd - roughly 90 km/h. It wasn't intentional. I was caught out by how quickly it went from 4000-6750.

It stopped accelerating at 6750, which is when I realised I'd hit the limiter - just pushed in the clutch and changed to 3rd.

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #33
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
...am I spoiled by the companys FG Falcon or is the Fiesta just gutless?
In terms of power/performance, you're are probably spoilt by the FG Falcon. The new WS is every bit as good as its predecessor in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
I love my Fez, but I'm always thinking the car is driving me and I'm not driving it, like I'm disconnected to it? The engine is unresponsive, the steering light, ride is so smooth and it's all so refined? The WP just felt so connected to the road, my tips of my fingers could feel every bit of the car, road and the dynamics were mind blowing. I feel like an idiot for saying all this, but I'm not sure how to feel about the car?
I don't agree about the engine being unresponsive, so long as you keep it above 3000 RPM. (Saying that I usually aim for economy and change up at 2000-2500 RPM - it's a slug there.) But it's still an unboosted 1.6 litre. It just doesn't compare with a torquey 6 and it's not a boy racer car.

To save money, and improve the feeling of refinement Ford used electrically assisted steering in the WS. (The suspension set up may be different too.) I've read reviewers who say it no longer has the road feel and directness of the previous model. It's still as good as any car I've ever owned.

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #34
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The question at hand was regarding the cars performance being undesirable compared to my old Fiesta and when the engine would open up Bruce. Never questioned my Falcons power, nor Fords reasoning (which I was fully aware of) to use an Electronic steering set-up.

XCPWSF I do understand where your coming from here, but I'm sure most WQ/WP owners recon this added to the cars charactor LOL! My indicator stalk was shocking, it sounded as if when you turned it in you were breaking it! But even then, it was much better than any Daewoo Barina or Hyundai Getz.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post